W0rmw00d's Soil Ice - Swiss Cheese - White Widow 2013

W0rmw00d

Sorry I am late on this guys but here's the story.

Been medicating for a majority of my life. Got away from everything about 7-8 years ago but recently started experimenting with growing again. The is my first grow in well over 20 years...

So I started with 15 fem seeds from Nirvana. 5 Ice, 5 Swiss Cheese, 5 White Widow. All the seeds sprouted fine. I used the paper towel method and transfered to small cups of soil within 3 days.

2 of the plants I kept were started on 5-16-2013 and the other 3 were started on 5-23-2013.

Here is a description of each strain as taken from Nirvana:

Ice
Through an intensive process of selection among thousands of marijuana plants, Nirvana seeds managed to create Ice, a perfect union of quantity and quality. With its ancestry of Afghan, Shiva, Northern Light and a very special Skunk, Ice is a truly spectacular cannabis hybrid. Its dense marijuana flowers are richly covered in trichomes and the buds that form along the main branches have a high marijuana flower-to-leaf ratio. Ice seeds will flourish in both hydro and soil environments. With its heavy stone effect and almost fuel-like aroma, it's no wonder Nirvana Ice won the 1998 Cannabis Cup hands down.

White strain: Yes
Feminized: Yes
Medical: Yes
Effect: High (head trip) yet stoned (body buzz)
Flowering period: 8 - 10 weeks
Average yield: 400 - 500 (g/m² in SOG)
Flavour: pungent / fruity
Plant height: Medium
Plant type: Indoor as well as Outdoor
Indica / Sativa: Hybrid
In the mid-1990s, a marijuana legend was born. Almost overnight, White Widow appeared on the menu of just about every coffeeshop in the Netherlands. This marijuana masterpiece went on to become a yardstick against which all other “white” marijuana strains are held up. Marijuana seeds of the White Widow strain grow into tall cannabis plants with delicate arms. Her buds are moderately compact in order to contain the copious amounts of THC resin she produces. Tending toward the Cannabis Sativa side, Nirvana White Widow produces a buzz that is powerful yet energizing and very social.

White strain: Yes
Medical: Yes
Flowering period: 8 - 10 weeks
Average yield: 325 - 425 (g/m² in SOG)
Flavour: herbal / pine
Plant type: Indoor
Nirvana Swiss Cheese is a hybrid of our discontinued marijuana strain Swiss Miss and a curious Skunk #1 phenotype that was discovered in the UK and smuggled to Amsterdam in 2007. A mix of a very early Swiss Skunk and a robust cannabis strain from Nepal, Swiss Miss contributes an “old school” flavour that makes Swiss Cheese cannabis unique. These marijuana seeds are mould resistant and beginner friendly.

White strain: No
Medical: No
Flowering period: 6 - 8 weeks
Average yield: 400 - 500 (g/m² in SOG)
Flavour: pungent / fuel
Plant type: Indoor as well as Outdoor

While I was waiting for the seeds I placed a order for some equipment. I purchased the following:

Virtual Sun Grow Tent - 48" x 48" x 78"

Virtual Sun 6" Inline Exhaust Fan & Carbon Air Filter Combo

Apollo Horticulture GLK600CT24E 600 Watt Grow Light Digital Dimmable HPS MH System for Plants Cool Tube Hood Set

Just Right Xtra Potting Mix

2 6" Clip Fans

I purchased 2 600 watt lights but on this grow I am only using one. I am in the process of moving so I only have a copule months to finish this off and scoot!

I was hesitant to post as I was unsure of how things would come out. Then I thought about it and what a better time to post? I have the resources here at my hands to help my improve on my growing skills. Anyways, today I am 5 weeks from seed. I kept 5 of the healthiest looking plants and gave the rest to my buddy to plant outside.

I ran into a few issues early on... First was heat! I had the lights way to low on the plants. Before I figured this out I checked PH of my water which was also wack! At this point I also realized I had to increase my nutes. Shit, it's been a while but I figured it all out and everything seems to be running fine now. You can still see a little damage on the plants but they are bouncing back nicely.

Nutrients for Vegatative:

The dude at my local grow shop recommended the following for me. Seems to work very well. I wanted to use voodoo juice but I was short of money at the time.

I use this at a rate of 4ml/Gallon every watering

I use this at a rate of 1ml/Gallon every other watering

Nutrients for Flowering:

I also purchased the following after studying about nutrients in the flowering stage.

Re: W0rmw00d's Soil Ice, Swiss Cheese, White Widow 2013

So I am at week 5 from seeds. Here they are... Not great but looking a lot better.

White Widow #2

White Widow #1

Full Tent Pic #1

Full Tent Pic #2

Full Tent Pic #3

Swiss Cheese

Ice #2

Ice #1

Tent

Any help, tips, suggestions, are all welcome. I can't really mess with time too much as I am moving in October so I am throwing them into flowering first week of July no matter what.

UPDATE: This morning I topped 4 of the 5 plants. The runt White Widow is still too small.

Re: W0rmw00d's Soil Ice, Swiss Cheese, White Widow 2013

My humidity seems to run in the 40's. Usually between 41 - 45 percent. Is this enough humidity during the veg?

I have been wetting a towel every day and hanging it on one of the unused bars across the top of the tent. This will usually raise the humidity around 5 - 10 percent.

So should I worry about the humidity in my current environment or should I be ok?

Thanks for any help.

Updated photos from today.

6-26-2013-7.JPG
6-26-2013-6.JPG
6-26-2013-5.JPG
6-26-2013-4.JPG
6-26-2013-3.JPG
6-26-2013-2.JPG
6-26-2013-1.JPG

just place your hand under the light once its above the plants if it doesnt burn you it wont harm the plants, get it as close as you can, also more light the better, if you can control the heat get it in lol

placing the cool mist humidifier in the room you are drawing fresh air from should be sufficient to raise your humidity during vegetative growth. giving your plants as much light as possible is the best way to provide for them, plants will grow to the available light given that you can cool. using a cooltube with an inline fan to exhaust heat from the grow room is how i grow. place your hand beneath your light to the point you can not feel any heat and lower your light above your plants to that level, raise the lights as your plants grow.

here is are some charts showing how far a light source should be placed above your plants and the area of light coverage.

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

Back
Top Bottom