Draxlin's 1st Grow - Nirvana Ice - 2013

So far just one plant showing female. Interestingly it is the smaller of the two. It is the one I was questioning, due to not seeing pistals when I tried to presex the tops. I was fairly confident that the one currently not showing was female.

It does look to be developing calyx. Assuming that develops right before the pistals? Otherwise it might be BALLS! Im sure I'll know in a few more days ~ Fingers crossed :-(

When my ladies pre-flowered, it was at the current bud sites, calyxes didn't form until later. When they first appeared I thought it was stamens, but calyxes are teardrop shaped sticking straight out from the side of the stem, stamens are on a short stalk and have a crab claw-like appearance.

When my ladies pre-flowered, it was at the current bud sites, calyxes didn't form until later. When they first appeared I thought it was stamens, but calyxes are teardrop shaped sticking straight out from the side of the stem, stamens are on a short stalk and have a crab claw-like appearance.

Well upon further inspection I would say your correct. Well they appear to have that crab claw look, but wow they're tiny. I had to use a 30x jewelers loop to see the claw like shape.

Here are some pictures from my only male plant -

DSCN18723.JPG

DSCN18752.JPG

If you pull one of those stamen off, the pollen sac should look like this -

DSCN19009.JPG

Posted this on USMC0420grow's thread. Just copying it here for those following mine.

I would also like to see what you have going on there. My plants seem to be fine, but my temps were always in the 60°-69° range, but lately the nights are cold and they been dropping to around 58° when lights out. Now the smart thing would have been maybe to set the light cycle throughout the night, but then I couldn't check my babies near as often as I do. I find that my evening ritual anymore is to just sit in the garage with a stogie with the cabinet doors open starring at them beautiful lil plants... lol boy this hobby can consume your every thought. It probably doesn't help that my one and only source is no longer able to supply me. So basically I been dry for 3 weeks now and won't be having anything until my harvest. Looking at January sometime I believe... then a cure... so...

I sure do love them green little monsters. I was thinking of getting something like this,
71kD62pz_yL_SL1500_.jpg

but was concerned with putting it in the cabinet. It's small, low wattage, but I don't want to burn the place to the ground... so I've been hesitant to order.

Sorry USMC0420grow - don't mean to hijack your journal.

Update -> bit the bullet and ordered a black one. reading the reviews it sounds fairly safe and as if it will be perfect for my cabinet. I'll just throw it on a 8 stage timer I have laying here ;). It will be here tomorrow as it's gonna be a cold motha this weekend!

31Z-zt0duIL.jpg

Lasko #100 MyHeat Personal Ceramic Heater

Well temps are better. It is 17° outside and the garage is in 40°s as I type this and cabinet is at 72°. I came to terms that my bigger plant was a male. I say was cause I chopped ass up and pulled him out by roots. He got a good burial in compost pile this evening.

My girly plant is doing well. As mentioned earlier, she was switched to 12/12 one week ago today. She was showing her pistals the next day... So last Sunday. So my understanding is most start the flowering count after their plats show their sex? If so wouldn't it mean that I'll have the first week of flowering under my belt tomorrow?

Feeding today was:
Big Bloom ~ 3tsp
Grow Big ~ 2tsp
Tiger Bloom ~ 2tsp
Open Sesame ~ 1/4tsp

Well as promised I have some photos to share. Plant has had some rough times, but she has pulled through. My biggest issues came with the onset of winter. The grow happens in my garage here in the Midwest and it's been a pretty damn cold one these past two months. I had to get a bigger space heater for the cabinet as the one posted above wasn't cutting it. With the new heater I am able to keep the temps stabilized, but the plant has had a few times where she got deathly thirsty. It took awhile to get my watering schedule figured out and she suffered. I'm just happy i didn't kill this poor girl. Hoping to yield at least an ounce dried, but have no idea what she will give up.

I believe she is real close to harvest. She drinks a full gallon of water a day. I have some amber on the buds, but most of them I would call milky/clear. The one thing I notice is that the sweet leaf trichomes are mostly amber. Is it normal for those to switch before the rest of the actual buds?

Anyway here are the pictures. Sorry for the quality; it's the best I could do with the camera I have.

I honestly don't know how much longer I should leave her go...

IMG_20140113_143930.jpg
IMG_20140113_144036.jpg
IMG_20140113_143955.jpg
IMG_20140113_145434.jpg
IMG_20140113_145218.jpg
IMG_20140113_145519.jpg
IMG_20140113_145314.jpg
IMG_20140113_145605.jpg

Hey man good to see she survived the cold. From what you say about the trichs sounds like harvest time,but looking at the pics I say have a while, because the hairs are still white, just orange tips (I assuming from cold shock). but if trichs going amber I would consider chopping.

Look like get some nice buds though, how many days into 12/12?

Hey man good to see she survived the cold. From what you say about the trichs sounds like harvest time,but looking at the pics I say have a while, because the hairs are still white, just orange tips (I assuming from cold shock). but if trichs going amber I would consider chopping.

Look like get some nice buds though, how many days into 12/12?

They are 58 days into flower. Was thinking of leaving them another 12, depending on how fast the trichs develop.

Back
Top Bottom