Waldo Khronix Grow Journal

WestSideGrow

Hello 420 members, guys, and gals !
This will be my first grow journal and first ever grow!
So please, lay down all the feedback possible !

Here is the info- bag seed(named it Waldo khronix)
Pot size- 2 1/2 gallon, plenty of drainage.
Soil- fox farms ocean forest.

Sprouted 8-15-12

As of right now I have one 13w 120vac 60Hz 200mA cfl bulb about 8 inches or so above the seedling, with a fan blowing the heat away.
I am hoping to get her outdoors within the next week or so.

I water her with both tap and purified water about once a day, or when needed.

Stay tuned everyone, I will be posting pictures thoughout her life. Just a seedling as of 8-15-12 so no need for pictures at this point really.

Re: Waldo khronix grow journal.

Dude wheres Waldo?

Hi ya Westside. Is your bulb 6500k spectrum? If you got it from your closet it most likely is not and is probably 2700 or 3000 maybe 3500.

Also since your bulb is a 13 watt and not a 23 watt go ahead and start it out at like 6 inches from the sproutling or maybe 7 inches. At that height basically just let it grow into the bulb until its like 3-3.5 inches from it then move it back a inch and let it get to about 2.5 inches close, then pull back a half inch and let it get up to 1 inch away and just keep it between 1-2 inches at that point.

once a day watering is very unnessicary and is bad. At this point you should be watering once every 7-9 days probably even longer then that tbh given your pot size and the size of the sprout.

The way you wanna water is totally drench it until water comes out the bottom of your drain holes, then stop watering. Then it will take anywhere from 6-14 days for your soil to dry out enough before needing to water it again. I can not predict exactly how long because there are many variables as to what makes it dry out faster or slower. But I can tell you there is no way in hell that sprout indoors in a 2.5 gallon pot will go dry in fewer then 5 days. It just wont happen. on about the 3rd day if you see the top soil is try you can grab a spray bottle and hit it with 2-4 squirts of water, thats it. Then on say the 5th day hit it again with 2 squirts. Then in 2 more days again 2 tiny tiny squirts on the top soil. Little sprouts want soil that gos from damp to dry to make their roots stretch out and search for water. the only reason we even drench it on the first day is to just make sure there are not any dry soil pockets.

I have some 12 maybe even 14 inch tall plants in tiny little half gallon containers right now indoors. I water them only once every 4 days and tbh I should probably be letting them go 5.

Also the FFOF might be too strong for the seedling. Hopefully its all good but small guys tend to burn in rich soil like that.

Well when I mean water everyday I mean water it a water bottle cap full when the soil is dry at the top.
But good information ! I will for sure do that! Seems a hell of a lot better then what I'm doing !
I am a fairly new grower so any feedback helps out a ton! Thank you jimmy again !

Once it actually has a little root action going (sprouts have just a single taproot to start) Letting the soil ALMOST go completely dry then DRENCHING it hard is the way to go 100%. After awhile gardening you will see and start to get a feel for how it is.

But yeah with a established plant, you can just see the plant take off each day after watering. Sometimes 3 or 4 inches is possible in a day. Then it slows down and gains maybe half inch or inch maybe 2 dayly. Then when its soil is getting fairly dry its getting hungry. Kinda like if you worked all day, had no breakfast and no lunch working all day doing hard labor. Then you get home and there is a FEAST waiting for ya. You know damn well that you are gonna pig out and eat more then you normally would. Plants do the same thing. You dont wanna starve them, just make them ravenously hungry. Like a zombie ready to devour a human whole. Then once they are just about to start to starve you toss in your water and watch them drink it up like Jim Lahey with a keg of rum.

Very well put! She's growing so fast, almost three whole inches since she sprouted !
I did drench her like you said and let the water flood out the bottom and I won't water her again until 8-19-12 :)

just keep an eye on her. IMO wait until the leaves slightly begin to droop. That is a sign of under watering. Take note of when that was and how long it took. Then water on a schedule where you water 12-24 hours before that happened.

So if your leaves started to droop 6 days after last watering. Then go ahead and water nice and deep again then wait only 5 days and water again, wait 5 days water again ect.

That will help you gauge exactly how long it takes for the pot to dry out. Also keep in mind that as the roots grow more and the plant gets bigger it will take less time to dry out because the plant sucks up more water. So what may have taken 5 days to dry out before a month later just takes 3 now or something like that.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom