Water Temps Question

Arkanum

Im reading water temp sould be around 20 celcius, wich is a rather imposible figure in the summer. Im using a cooltube-well ventilated room, got a super klimate (max25 degress) but still, i wonder how can one keep water at 20 degrees if my bloody tab water is at +21 degress. So my water goes around 22-27 degress, i bet thats the reason for my soulless looking plants? Whats the max water temp plants can handle and how that hight temp reflects on plants?

In dwc it's paramount to get that temp to under 20c. (68f). Root rot starts at these temps. If you do not have a chiller, a diy trick that works very well but is a bit of high maintenance is to put your dwc tub into another tub of some sort that is LARGER. pour a bunch of tap water into this 2nd tub and add ice jugs to the 2nd tub to give the dwc tub an ice water bath. Change the ice jugs 2-3 times per day. This will keep the temps down and prevent root rot. Root rot will kill your plants.

Here's an example of what I do in veg (I have a chiller in my flower tent).
P6120010.JPG
P6120011.JPG

Not the best pics, but hopefully you get the idea.

Welcome to 420mag!

Cannabis grows best with a water temperature of 20-22 degrees Celsius. Below this temperature, the roots of the plant have more trouble taking up water and nutrients. Too high a temperature is not good either. It might kill the plants. Tap water must be warmed up to 20-22 degrees Celsius. Use a water thermometer to keep an eye on the water temperature.

Back
Top Bottom