Waxy looking plant: what is causing this? Would love some input

Jame9111

Shiny waxy dark green leaves thinking I might be giving too much nitrogen or just too heavy of a feeding?

IMG_20220715_145027285.jpg

16579113341247714833278150324091.jpg

IMG_20220715_145901488.jpg

So your in Peat moss
Looks to me like what ever product in the line.
That has the Calmag in it dail back some.
Never used that line if im honest.
@Emilya or @TorturedSoul
Might be able to help with this one. ;)

Ok thanks

It does look a little darker green than we like, but I see no real complaints about it. Make sure you are using a form of calmag that doesn't add its own N. Other than that, turn up the lights a bit or bring them a little closer, and see if you can work these plants a little harder so they can work off some of that advanced feed.
It's under a 400 w metal highlight. Dim down to 250. I'll up it to 400 w and the Cali magic I'm using has 1.0% nitrogen. That's the lowest Cal mag I could find. I think with this one I'm gonna give her a nice drink with half strength feed I really got to get my soil tester back or actually a new one.

It's under a 400 w metal highlight. Dim down to 250. I'll up it to 400 w and the Cali magic I'm using has 1.0% nitrogen. That's the lowest Cal mag I could find. I think with this one I'm gonna give her a nice drink with half strength feed I really got to get my soil tester back or actually a new one.
Oh before I get ready for the day I've noticed the veins of the leaves staying dark in the rest of the leaves lightning slightly I remember coming across something about that I just can't remember

don't go flying off trying to fix multiple things at once. There are calmags with zero N... find one. Work that plant... it can handle full light by now. Show that plant who is boss.
Right 👍 I'll take a look for some Cal Meg without nitrogen but I use 11 bottles of nutrients in like eight of them have nitrogen in them

i'd probably just let it roll as is. it looks a little deep, but i don't mind it in veg so much, there's no real claw.

Right I'll take a look for some Cal Meg without nitrogen but I use 11 bottles of nutrients in like eight of them have nitrogen in them

a 1-0-0 or 2 -0 -0 is probably fine. MH doesn't chew that much cal-mag. you could use what you have and back off a touch. it will use more when you turn the light up. like em mentioned they can take a bit more.

you likely just need to stay where you are and turn the thing up.

i'd probably just let it roll as is. it looks a little deep, but i don't mind it in veg so much, there's no real claw.

a 1-0-0 or 2 -0 -0 is probably fine. MH doesn't chew that much cal-mag. you could use what you have and back off a touch. it will use more when you turn the light up. like em mentioned they can take a bit more.

you likely just need to stay where you are and turn the thing up.

Back
Top Bottom