~Honduras~

This plant has been growing a steady one inch per day for the last couple weeks. This has a way of adding up pretty quickly and I can see her running into trouble if she doesn't slow down soon. The funny thing is too- the first day I measured her was May 18th and she was 18 inches tall. Now it's the 31st and she's 31 inches tall. I wonder how tall she'll be on May 48th?
Right now this plant would not feature on my 'problems' tour - I like how she looks a lot. But that might change soon as she inches her way steadily upwards towards problem land.

IMG_153933.JPG

IMG_154034.JPG

IMG_154134.JPG

IMG_154235.JPG

~Grafted Sativa~

IMG_154326.JPG

The flowering strains of it are taking shape and so far they pretty much seem normal, as they would if they were ungrafted. I also think I see burning of the tippy tips of the Malawi and Mama Thai -so maybe I'll have to take back what I said about the Panama rootstock calling the shots on the feeding levels. I'm guessing it has an influence, but doesn't totally override their normal needs. It's true I've been feeding the thing at pretty high levels and normally the MT and Malawi would have shown issues before this.
But the flowers so far look as they usually would. I tried to get a picture of the foliage to compare the strains, but you can't really tell too well. Except maybe for the Malawi. MT and Panama sort of have similar leaves anyway, except Panama's are very straight and pointy while the MT leaves hang down more.

IMG_154532.JPG

There's nothing left on the stem to show that it was grafted. Just looks like a normal stem with branches.
IMG_154438.JPG

Is that a tree?? Nice looking stem.. looks like a Bonsai.
That is cool. 3 flowering strains in one plant! Hat's off, my friend. That's awesome. A wild ride so far!

Yeah I'm enjoying the sight of that stem. If the grow devils are merciful and flowering goes well I might reveg her. Partly just to see that stem get even bigger...

Here are three that would definitely feature on the 'problem tour'.

~Peyote Purple~
The other time I grew a seed of this plant it was pretty much a solo cup sized thing, and it basically looked like crap, except it was very frosty and the buds looked pretty.
This one is bigger, but telling the same story- buds are pretty, but the foliage is curled up and bent like a thousand year old witch's fingers. Very brittle and unhealthy. I don't really know why this is happening but have a theory or two....after I show the next victims.

IMG_155038.JPG

IMG_154939.JPG

IMG_154832.JPG

~Chicolate Mint~

Another twisted up and brittle looking thing. Colour scheme is orange and purple. The buds on it are doing ok though not particularly large. But they do seem very dense and sticky so that's good...

IMG_155137.JPG

IMG_155240.JPG

IMG_155332.JPG

IMG_155429.JPG

~Afghan x Black Domina~

IMG_155631.JPG

IMG_153738.JPG

My current hope for finding a sleepy strain. I kind of like this plant in spite of her ravaged appearance. I will probably try to reveg her since I only had the one seed. I starved this one a bit too much early in flowering when I was feeling the strain out, and her leaves started showing white blotches all over, which looked like crap, and still do. I've cleaned her up a lot at the time of these photos though- removed as many damaged fans as I was brave enough to.
This one also is suffering from the brittle leaf syndrome, which I believe is from P deficiency. Fits some of the textbook definitions. Why P def I don't know. Maybe I've been underfeeding them all cause I suck at growing indicas. But I've been feeding pretty high, they all showed singed tips. and these aren't the symptoms I normally get when I underfeed.

PH has been good.
My other theory is that it's from a different bloom nute I've been using for the last couple month, with a slightly different NPK. All this curling leaf business came along after I switched bottles, FWIW. I switched back to the old one- so next round we will see if that helps.

All three of these will be chopped in the next couple weeks I think.

My other theory is that it's from a different bloom nute I've been using for the last couple month, with a slightly different NPK. All this curling leaf business came along after I switched bottles, FWIW. I switched back to the old one- so next round we will see if that helps.

Ya know... I'd bet on the nutrient line shift. It may be working out as a P def, but I'd guess that some minor variable in your world makes the original line of nutes work better. Probably because you've been using it for longer and all the little tweaks in your garden have been made while working with the original line of nutes and maybe some of those tweaks don't work as well with the new line.
Make sense? Talkin out my ass?

I'll do the reveg if I have room- if I can cut it down to a reasonable size where it's not taking over my veg room and my life before it's even started revegging. That one's just got three strains by the way. After seeing that the strains on it are stretching normally, and it's not showing any sign of turning into a homogeneous blend which all stretches at the same rate, I'm skeptical about my four strain mix. At best it might take a hell of a lot of training to make it work, if the Honduras and GT want to stretch way more than the other two strains. Basically it means taking that vertical growth and warping it into a somewhat two dimensional shape that doesn't look too ungainly. I don't usually have time for such stuff, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it I guess.

I hope it's the nutrients causing the issues, that would make life simpler for me. What happened is -they make two versions of the particular bloom nute I use. Botanicare PBP) . I've used the 'soil' version since the dawn of time. Tallying up my last order the guy at the shop noticed that and said ' oh, you're in soilless -obviously must be the 'hydro' version you want. Here I'll fix that'. I hadn't really noticed that they have a hydro version, but it turns out it's a different NPK.

I couldn't find a good answer on why they have two different versions but I see many hydro growers using the soil version. And it's what I used for the last five years. Not sure if the problem is the nutrient, but given that the plants went all weird after I started using it, I'm not having warm and fuzzy feelings about the hydro version

It's tempting. Just trying to balance the amount of fun and games going on around here with more practical considerations. Not sure I need a giant reveg clogging up my room. But I probably do...

It's tempting. Just trying to balance the amount of fun and games going on around here with more practical considerations. Fun and games generally win out, of course.
Not sure I need a giant reveg clogging up my room. But I probably do...

It's tempting. Just trying to balance the amount of fun and games going on around here with more practical considerations. Fun and games generally win out, of course.
Not sure I need a giant reveg clogging up my room. But I probably do...

Kind of having to face those practical considerations myself. I'm trying to make some fem seeds and it's crowding up my plant count with useless pollinators that are taking too long to pollinate, and I am not really keeping my medicine supplies up. At a certain point even though I'm legally able to grow, it's almost like I feel like I'm just supposed to buy clones and like it :( Guess I gotta be grateful for what I've got though.

~Honduras~

This plant has been growing a steady one inch per day for the last couple weeks. This has a way of adding up pretty quickly and I can see her running into trouble if she doesn't slow down soon. The funny thing is too- the first day I measured her was May 18th and she was 18 inches tall. Now it's the 31st and she's 31 inches tall. I wonder how tall she'll be on May 48th?
Right now this plant would not feature on my 'problems' tour - I like how she looks a lot. But that might change soon as she inches her way steadily upwards towards problem land.

IMG_153933.JPG

IMG_154034.JPG

IMG_154134.JPG

IMG_154235.JPG

~Grafted Sativa~

IMG_154326.JPG

The flowering strains of it are taking shape and so far they pretty much seem normal, as they would if they were ungrafted. I also think I see burning of the tippy tips of the Malawi and Mama Thai -so maybe I'll have to take back what I said about the Panama rootstock calling the shots on the feeding levels. I'm guessing it has an influence, but doesn't totally override their normal needs. It's true I've been feeding the thing at pretty high levels and normally the MT and Malawi would have shown issues before this.
But the flowers so far look as they usually would. I tried to get a picture of the foliage to compare the strains, but you can't really tell too well. Except maybe for the Malawi. MT and Panama sort of have similar leaves anyway, except Panama's are very straight and pointy while the MT leaves hang down more.

IMG_154532.JPG

There's nothing left on the stem to show that it was grafted. Just looks like a normal stem with branches.
IMG_154438.JPG
Amazing bro you harvested it already ?

Yep, id give anything to grow legal right now. .

I would love to have a legal crack at that multi-strain grafting; let it go nuts outdoors; loving that stem..!
And that Peyote looks just insane!! God, I want to smoke some of that........! I'd be happy with a sniff of it..
PLEASE take a small sample and let us (ME!) know what it's like.....
I could be talked into buying some.... Seedsman have an awesome freebie promo right now; just the time to pick up some CHMOG, and no GT in stock again but they DO have Peyote Pruple....

My bad just seen tbat was 3 days ago lol

No worries GG. Yeah I still have a pretty long way to travel with that plant. So far it just seems like a normal plant though- so that means I'll probably just screw it up normally, and not for some special and unusual reason.

Thanks Santb. From what little I've tried of the PP (the bud from the last one that I grew, which won NOTM but otherwise was pretty sickly and didn't have a lot going for it) it seems quite weak and mellow. Which is sort of how I like an indica to be anyway, if I'm dragged kicking and screaming into smoking one. Actually the last one I mostly vaped, and it was nice. Made me feel pretty happy, helped me sleep. But don't let all those trichomes fool you, it's not a super strong strain. At least mine wasn't. This one is from a different seed but looks the same and just as screwed up. It's going to make a beautiful looking pile of bud though.

The Peyote Purple is actually pure Bubba Kush. Which I didn't realize till fairly recently.
It has been selected from a very peculiar magnificent purple scion separated from a Bubba Kush, it is offered in normal seeds of which over 95% come out female.
Looks like it may be a good hash plant. Especially if I can grow it better. I'm wondering if I can somehow translate that purple color into something like Qwiso or BHO. Presumably not, because I've never seen any sort of purple oil or purple hash on the forum before. Too bad.
Maybe some sort of alcohol infusion like if I soaked it in some wine or vodka. The decarb beforehand might kill the purple though.... :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom