Weird browning/yellowing of leafs. Slow Growth

chib

What Strain is it? Rockstar Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid 50/50?
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 2 months
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Neither
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 225 watts of cfl
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 80-85 fh
RH of Room/Cabinet? normal
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? 2-3 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? General Hydroponics 3 part series
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4x3

Hey everyone, I just don't really know what's going on with my rockstar...

It's been doing this weird yellowing for about a month now, I figure it's a deficiency of some sort but I can't find which one to be exact. Some leafs are going yellow and browning but it's not the same sort of browning that you get from nute burn, I've only been feeding her 1/2 to 1/4 strength nutes for 3 weeks.

I cracked her main stem accidentally trying to lst it, maybe it's using leaf resources on patching itself?

20131208_105721.jpg
20131208_105638.jpg
20131208_105635.jpg
20131208_105614.jpg
20131208_105626.jpg
20131208_105633.jpg
20131208_105612.jpg
20131208_105606.jpg

it looks like a combo of things
how are you setting up the lights?
i have never grown in just perlite but i think it is more like a hydro grow
im leaning toward a ph problem, if i am correct they need around 5.8 ish
if it is the ph it very well could cause certain nute problems
try using corrected ph water only for a watering or two
i at the least bump your post so a veteran may see
take care and good luck

I'm using them about 4' away from the plant. I don't really think it's the perlite because I've grown a Chemo plant a month ago in it without any problems using the same stuff but fuck me I'm a noob too.

Does anyone think perhaps the break in her main stem may cause these sorts of problems? It all started happening bad when I did that.

im not sure since you snapped the main stem but i have broken a few limbs on various places and it always repaired quick and with little trouble but a short stunt, how bad was this snap?
its those taco leaves that really have me confused i was almost sure that is a sign of phosphorus def
lets keep trying we are gonna get a veterans attention soon enough

What exactly is your medium composed of? I see some dark stuff in there along with the perlite.

Hydroponic basically means that the plant is not getting any nourishment from the medium its in, but instead gets everything it needs to grow from what you feed it.

Could you post a picture of what the crack in the stem looks like? I don't think that would be causing all the leaves to go yellow, but it would be nice to rule out infection.

Do you have a pH meter? We really need an accurate pH reading before recommending anything.

It could be a nutrient lockout if the pH is wacky. Here is a chart. You'd follow the hydroponic recommendations if you're growing in only perlite.

Nutrient_Availability_chart1.JPG

If you are using only perlite and your pH is in range for hydroponics (check the runoff that comes out of the pot after you water), I'd be inclined to think that your 1/4-1/2 strength feedings may not be strong enough. But this is only if all the other parameters are checked and ruled out first.

I'm using 75% perlite and 25% vermiculite.

I unfortunely don't have a PH tester handy at the moment but I'll get one on friday.

As far as the burning and yellowing goes it seems to have subsided after a normal dose of nutrients. I also cut off all the sickly leafs soon as I posted this thread and she's starting to turn around it looks like.

How cold is that pot you have the plant in (to the touch)? I have a room that gets under 60 degrees at night, and a few of mine look like that because the rootball gets too cold (below 50some degrees I think the roots quit taking up food). The jagged edges of the leaf blades stick up like that on them too. Even with a towel under them, on the basement floor I have problems every Winter.

I grew with the Perlite/Vermiculite Hempys for 3 years using GH 3 part nutes. You need something to test PH. Pens are best but pricey. I used a bottle of the pool PH tester stuff and just match the color of your water after the drops are added to the color on the bottle.

When you test it do so AFTER you mix your nutes because they will change the reading. I used 1/2 strength nutes til the roots reached the rez and I noticed plant growth, then I went full strength. BUT that is strain dependent as some will not like the full strength. Thats something youll have to figure out as you feed.

I also did a PHed water flush every other week to wash out any salts that were left behind. I wont say its necessary but it was suggested by someone so I did it. For me that ended up being every 4 or 5 feedings.

I'm using 75% perlite and 25% vermiculite.

I unfortunely don't have a PH tester handy at the moment but I'll get one on friday.

As far as the burning and yellowing goes it seems to have subsided after a normal dose of nutrients. I also cut off all the sickly leafs soon as I posted this thread and she's starting to turn around it looks like.

So it's hand fed hydroponics.

Back
Top Bottom