What’s wrong?

Shit... never mind - thought you had the crappie $12 probe meter with 2 prongs that does light, ph and moisture. That’s blue labs so guess they don’t make junk huh? but I’ve never questioned my soil ph anyway. It is.... what it is!

Most of the critters are not visible until you snip a leaf or two and scope both sides for mites & mite eggs etc... it does require a jewelers loupe, pocket microscope or usb digital microscope. There is also smartphone app called magnifyer that you can download that works somewhat.

No harm in spraying young plant like yours and it turns out you don’t have critters, now if you were in late flower that might be a different discussion on what to spray what to avoid etc
I have that meter as well but I just use it to identify the moisture and okay I’m really hoping it’s not mites though. I just germinated 6 wifi seeds. I will look into a microscope.

Ppm of what? The soil?
Your soil pH is normal.
Fox farm is buffered between 6.2-6.8.
I believe it says it right on the bag....
I tested the runoff and it read between 1600&1800 on my truncheon. Now I’m trying to decide what I should do to lower it seeing as though I just watered it. Do I flush it?

I tested the runoff and it read between 1600&1800 on my truncheon. Now I’m trying to decide what I should do to lower it seeing as though I just watered it. Do I flush it?
Runoff is not applicable to soil grows. That is for passive hydro.

You will chase your tail and stress your plant. We are only concerned with inputs in soil.

The pic that has the soil probe also has a temp of 70° on it. Make sure your lights out soil temps stay above 65°. Mag uptake stops below that. Mag is the central atom in the chlorophyll molecule. Without it you get mag def and leaf chlorosis.

You will chase your tail and stress your plant. We are only concerned with inputs in soil.
Wow so what is the best way to check ppm? Do I check the ppm of the water I feed it?

The pic that has the soil probe also has a temp of 70° on it. Make sure your lights out soil temps stay above 65°. Mag uptake stops below that. Mag is the central atom in the chlorophyll molecule. Without it you get mag def and leaf chlorosis.
Thank you! Will definitely keep that in mind!

Wow so what is the best way to check ppm? Do I check the ppm of the water I feed it?
It's a good idea to know your source water ppm and pH. It will come more into play once you are using nutrients.

What is your waters pH?

It's a good idea to know your source water ppm and pH. It will come more into play once you are using nutrients.

What is your waters pH?
1DB8844C-4CF9-418E-A5FC-6E4EEC4AF262.jpeg

this was from today!

it isn't applicable there either.

get decent ph and ec meters. there are some nute lines that won't need an ec (ppm) meter once you get comfy with it. but it's a good idea for most new growers to have one in the toolbox. ph meter is always a good idea.

don't worry about runoffs. it's only your inputs that matter.

i never really liked that soil as i seen too many hiccups with growers in the transition from watering alone to needing nutes in flower. it's not really a super soil. there are a locals using it in a hot / cold soil layering mix with amendments that follow a water only approach once the soil is built, it works well there.

should mention i meant the type of meters used for liquids. not soil probes.

also check out the proper way to water a potted plant. link is also in my sig. give @Emilya a thanx too. will help with your watering technique

@Virgin Ground is pretty much dead on for everything else. i also wanna know whats going on with the waxy leaves. the consistent spotting in identical intervals would suggest it is not predatory, unless its a reaction to a pest and not egg sites.

it isn't applicable there either.
My mistake. I thought they used it to see how much the plant is consuming ( as in trends not acual ppm numbers) or for flushing the medium clear for reuse ....

I never bothered in hempy.

should mention i meant the type of meters used for liquids. not soil probes.

also check out the proper way to water a potted plant. link is also in my sig. give @Emilya a thanx too. will help with your watering technique

@Virgin Ground is pretty much dead on for everything else. i also wanna know whats going on with the waxy leaves. the consistent spotting in identical intervals would suggest it is not predatory, unless its a reaction to a pest and not egg sites.
Hey can you elaborate more on testing ppm if you believe neither runoff or testing Feeding water is efficient. Also, both meters I have are able to test liquid. what exactly should I be looking for or doing?

My mistake. I thought they used it to see how much the plant is consuming ( as in trends not acual ppm numbers) or for flushing the medium clear for reuse ....

I never bothered in hempy.

useless in passive. you only measure in active hydro or dwc. even then you are not measuring runoff, you are monitoring what's going on in the res, which relates directly to plant health and development.

Hey can you elaborate more on testing ppm if you believe neither runoff or testing Feeding water is efficient. Also, both meters I have are able to test liquid. what exactly should I be looking for or doing?

no no - you test your inputs, including feed water.

if / when you feed with bottle nutes you will need ph / ec info.

if you are using a water alone method it is still a good idea to know where you sit for ec (ppm) and ph. even in buffered soils, a consistently high or low ph will have an effect over time. usually late in the grow - which means flower - which means big trouble.

you only wanna know the ec in a water alone grow as a guesstimate on the amount of calcium your water carries.

Back
Top Bottom