What Do You Do To Pass The Time?

Just wondering how many grows I got left? Ah, scr#w it, i could get run over by a bus tomorrow :rip: Just keep on keeping on....age ,it’s only a number not a lifestyle.... growers luv

I'm only a day older than yesterday, and feel pretty much the same as I did yesterday. I guess that means I haven't aged a bit.

Being new to this as well. I spend spare time reading a few different forums. Just built a led light for my 3x3. Now I'm experimenting with making freezer hash from trim over several days some decarbed and some regular to keep flavors. Also trying a new grow method. Hydro takes a lot more time and attention. Next I think I'll try to make my own nug smasher. Really liking the editable decarbed concentrate over cookies as they work much faster. Never tried rosin so like to see how that side of the spectrum for the flavours of the better nuggets.

My take is don't wait. Here's the explanation. I am in my late 70s, quite physically disabled but that after a very active physical life that provides some wonderful memories I contemplate. About 50 years ago I saw a film made by Babba Ram Dass (formerly Richard Alpert, as you may recall, a Harvard Prof who researched LSD in the1960s) in which he counseled process not product as being what's important in a task, and in life itself. The homely film example was washing dishes but such a focus works very generally too. If I were to focus on a future I would miss my present, and it has damn too few days remaining to suit me. My process I wager is like that of many others on this Forum. To start: extensive planning for seeds and outdoor location, carefully noting distinctions between seed strains. I plant 3 strains for comparisons from soaking the seeds before they touch the potting soil, how they differ as seedlings, then newly planted in eat pots in the ground and afterwards throughout their growing process. They are now several inches to 1 ft high (the Afghan Kush lady) and branching out. Strain differences reveal themselves in their branching and shaping very distinctively. Then there are the individual differences in a single strain that prompted me to call one GG4 plant, Runtie. She may surprise but likely not. As my plants become trees-they afford great pleasure visually-I closely monitor that process, how it differs with strain, sun and maybe even whimsey. I experiment with processing too, hanging some entire branches for drying, trimming others up front and now planning to also use recently acquired hanging circular racks too. I jar the dried product and air it for 1-2 months. Then comes the using, vaping, smoking, baking, kiefing and on and on. In the poem "Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock" Eliot has his character express: "I have measured out my life with coffee spoons" waiting, waiting, waiting..... My advice is don't miss the important stuff merely waiting.

Peace
Best advice I’ve read in a long time.

Lately I've realized the obvious...growing cannabis is all about one giant waiting game. You wait to get your seeds in the mail. You wait for them to germinate. You wait for them to break ground, then you impatiently wait while they veg for several weeks and then, and the worst of them all, you wait for them to finish flowering so you can harvest your medicine, all to go on and have to wait for it to dry and then cure before you can sample the fruits of your labor. So my question is, what do YOU do while you wait? Watch endless vids on YouTube? Research the strain you are growing? Help me pass the time as I wait with my girl in her last week of flower. I'd love to hear what you all have to say! I love you guys and this place!
Life is a journey, not a destination...enjoy the trip.

Hulloh Young Lady;
Being that you are now acting as Mom Nature, why not further build your skills in things Flora?
Try growing some organic "Weapons" that you could "integrate" into your garden or growspace: I have heard, and am trying atm, to grow peppermint, clover etc, smelly Herbs that are supposed to keep bugs at bay. On the other (Extreme) side, I am growing flesh eating plants; Venus fly traps, morning dews etc. (Can you handle maggots, flies, bugs etc??)
These I will either place in a small vivarium into my grow space, or hang on chains, danggling in the grow space.. They are all still growing, so have to wait up their sizes..
Mounty

I hate people that always try and one up everyone.

Well I gotta do it. Finding something to do while plants are growing is easy compared to finding something to do when you have no plants at all.

I know you can't just sit around and pout. Tried that it made it lots worse.

The obvious read aboot cannabis what everyone else stated. Look at other peoples journal to try to improve mine or see their techniques. Read about investments and the economy, science and few other things. Most important though spending times with the ones I love.

Today I am looking into a microscope. My first grow is coming along and I am researching scales and microscopes. Any suggestions for strength and quality?
Inexpensive but adequate would be best. Ability to go outside would be a second nice feature. I was searching and most posts on microscopes are fairly old.
Does one even need one? Can you go by calyx color alone or see the trichomes enough by naked eye?

Today I am looking into a microscope. My first grow is coming along and I am researching scales and microscopes. Any suggestions for strength and quality?
Inexpensive but adequate would be best. Ability to go outside would be a second nice feature. I was searching and most posts on microscopes are fairly old.
Does one even need one? Can you go by calyx color alone or see the trichomes enough by naked eye?

I can't see the trichomes with my naked MK1 eyeballs, so I use a USB microscope. They now have them in WiFi which makes them more portable. I take a very small snip of a flower and leaf or two to use them. If you go this route I recommend the "MoKo WiFi USB Digital Microscope, 1080P HD 2MP Camera, 50x to 1000x Magnification Mini Pocket Handheld Wireless Endoscope 8 LED." Also save yourself a lot of hassles and get a "Jiusion Aluminium Alloy Universal Adjustable Professional Base Stand." The stands these microscopes usually come with are next to useless.

You can get a clip-on lens for a smart phone. I stayed away from these as I was unsure I could hold it steady enough to get a decent shot.

I found it next to impossible to use a 60X magnifying lens, or the microscope at the plants. My hands just aren't steady enough anymore.

I can't see the trichomes with my naked MK1 eyeballs, so I use a USB microscope. They now have them in WiFi which makes them more portable. I take a very small snip of a flower and leaf or two to use them. If you go this route I recommend the "MoKo WiFi USB Digital Microscope, 1080P HD 2MP Camera, 50x to 1000x Magnification Mini Pocket Handheld Wireless Endoscope 8 LED." Also save yourself a lot of hassles and get a "Jiusion Aluminium Alloy Universal Adjustable Professional Base Stand." The stand these microscopes usually come with are next to useless.

You can get a clip-on lens for a smart phone. I stayed away from these as I was unsure I could hold it steady enough to get a decent shot.

I found it next to impossible to use a 60X magnifying lens, or the microscope at the plants. My hands just aren't steady enough anymore.
Oh how I always love hearing from you! You da man, salty!!!
:green_heart:

Getting to be less 'Stabil' myself.. the odd 'Jolt/Shake/Tremor' runs amist the body. For fine tuning I bought a 'Head band lupe' with a few different lenses. Yupp, for sure cheap, plastic, hurt to wear without some added padding/headband or baseball cap. And I can wear my normal eyeglasses undeneath ifn be req'd.

This isn#t the exact product, but you get the picture..

Mounty

I watch the news and yell at the TV, gripe about the price of everything, talk about how much better things were "in my day", chase kids off my front lawn,and grumble about whatever the neighbors are doing....
Obviously,I'm a busy guy...but somehow I find the time to grow a little cannabis....;)

Back
Top Bottom