What's wrong with bagseed? Speak up!

go green

Hey everyone! I am getting ready to take on a bagseed project, and it seems there is a lot of negative, or non-interested type information out there on bagseed.

What is everyone's experience? I thought there was a thread on here about bagseed bud pics and whatnot, but can't seem to find it now.

I have it figured, as far as genetics go, it's all a tossup, for the most part, unless you have it figured out, and have a lab-type setting...it seems unrealistic to narrow down things as the breeders do. I dunno, maybe I am lazy!

Anyhow. Bagseed people! SPeak up! :tokin:

-Go

There is not a thing wrong with bag seed.. I use to grow out some mean bag seed plants a long time ago. I grow for patients now so I need to know the strain so I can dial it in for my patients and known genetics are a good start...

I savvy that Be Irie. Completely understandable. For my needs, with only two patients, it's more fun to have variety, and this is what I aim to achieve with a few crosses of unrelated bagseeds, and one of my own concoctions. Even if things aren't great; the plan is to get a huge seed-run, which will then give me the amount of seed needed to choose a worthy mother, and male. Later I will introduce some autoflower genetics into the strain. I may do a little inbreeding first, depending on what happens with the first set of seeds.

I cannot understand genetics and breeding. All I know is you need fresh genetics to keep some genetics alive.

Variety is the spice of life; our beloved plant should be no exception!

Thanks for your feedback Be Irie! I have enjoyed your grows, and current grow.

I am aiming to find my cerebral sativa in this bagseed mix. I know I can find it...even if its not Jack Herer, it's still going to be bomb to me!

Thanks bro!

-GO

Nothing wrong with bagseed at all .........however my opinion is if you are going to go to all the trouble to nurture a plant....... manipulated its growing cycle....... then mix special nutrient laden ph adjusted water..... I prefer to know what I can expect to get from my labor, CLONE++++++ CLONE+++++++ CLONE is the answer that way you always know what you will get :cheer:..... just my thoughts and opinion.........:hookah:

:morenutes:MrCloner420 Good growin and stay safe

Cloning is the goal basically to keep my needs met while playing around with their genetics.

Thanks for your thoughts MrCloner!

-Go

I've grown out bag seed before with good results.
But since bag seed comes from a bag of supposedly female buds, the plant it came from was probably somewhat hermied.
So in growing out said bag seed be careful and observant for these hermie traits before they pollinate your garden.

This is not seed that comes from supposedly female buds. This is bagseed from a bag that is seeded. Not Kind. If ya dig. lol

I am not talking finding one seed in a bag of kind...ja right...I am going for a huge variety and trying to find my likings.

Thanks for your info bad Karma! Same BadKarma from GC?

Hermie traits, indeed from most any bagseed. Or any other seed for that matter.

Thanks thanks!

-Go

whats your bag

Me and my friend just finished a bag seed grow. Started our weird. A guy gave my friend a WW clone and within a 2 weeks it was dead. But in the mean time he tossed a few seeds from a bud into the WW's pot and a week later we were separating them out of the pot into cups. Kept the best 4 and grew some good stuff that was at least as good as the original bag if not better. Would have been hard to guess the 4 were from the same bud. Each looked a little different and picked at different times 1 of the 4 had a slightly more potent buzz.
Good way to get our feet wet in growing. Now we are awaiting some Northern Lights to arrive to get on with our next venture. Still only want 4 or 5 plants because of the room size. And we might experiment with one bag seed in there and hope a male NL pollinates it to see what sort of cross comes about and share some of the seeds with some friends
Bottom line if the bag was good you'll most likely like the plants you grow from it.

6 months ago, I started 10 bagseeds from difference sources. Of the 10, I got 2 nice mother plants. Two crops later, one saltiva and one indica/saltiva plants, the results where excellent. I am drying the harvest from those mothers at this time. I had to move and take down my grow area. I have started 5 seedlings, 2 White Rhino and 3 badseeds. The badseeds look like indica strong, wide leaves.

I hope to one of each, male/female from the White Rhino to get more seeds. I will also take the male White Rhino and mix it with the bagseeds. I will create a name for the results. Maybe I will call it South Rhino or Southern Rhino.

you saved the seed for a reason, was good stuff. I make a personal note on bagseed, what the high was like and keep em seperated. If you have seeds from bud that you have saved it doesnt mean it was from a herm, it may have been but most of the time they were just pollenated, big grow opps thaat are unattended for the most part will have males in the mix. The percentage of herms that I get from bagseed is very low. The big plus is they are free and if you saved em its gonna be good smoke and worth the time and cost to grow em IMO, check the link in my sig, peace! :tokin:

Re: whats your bag

Bottom line if the bag was good you'll most likely like the plants you grow from it.
Amen Hash Hound.

I've completed 2 bag-seed grows now and I was very happy with the results both times. Having a variety of different looking plants was very educational for me.
I started with bag seed because I didn't want to spend good money on genetics just to kill it with lack of experience. I now realize that I shouldn't have been worried. If you can grow tomatoes, you can grow weed. But both times I think the weed I grew from bag seed was better than the bags they came from. I babied my girls. Good organic fertilizer, good light, good flush, good harvest and cure. and in the end, very good medicine. The bag was not much better than brickweed and I still got 2 nice harvests.
I think the only reason you might consider quality genetics is so you can better attend to your patient's needs as Be Irie alluded to.
At the end of the day I would take a little (or a lot) of all the advice offered here. Find a momma in this grow and clone her. Meds for the next harvest. While you are doing that, grow out some more seeds and start searching for that next mom (or dad). you definitely want to have some clones on hand so you don't have to sex each new plant from seed. With clones and seeds you can keep providing meds and be searching for the genetics at the same time providing you have the space.

Best of luck, PotPie.

IMO you can't go wrong with bagseeds , Just choose good product and choose healthy seeds, you will get a variety of different plants from the bud that it comes from as it is not being collected from a hybrid plant so the phenotypes will vary greatly. I have been growing from bagseed for over 20 years. Of course I have some of my own specialty plants now, due to selective breeding over the years I have built up very potent and reliable strains. but I am still collecting and growing out random bagseed because you never know what prized genetic is going to appear. And you do not get stuck without a vast variety of high quality medicine to choose from. Although I do agree with the people who need to grow proven reliable genetics at all cost so their is a constant supply of the different medicine they need.;)

Thank you ALL! VERY Positive and awesome feedback!!! I love this place! Thank you! Thank you!!!!

Lovin' it!

Now we just need to get some bagseed photo shots up in here! IF anybody has photo's put em up!!!!!!

I will get some up as soon as I have a nice collaboration to show.

Peace!

-Go

What's wrong with Bagseed?
Absolutely Nothin'!
This is a 2 liter bottle for comparison. I grew this on my first grow from some bag seeds.
010410.jpg

Let's see some more bagseed grow pix.:hookah:

I have pics of a bagseed grow in the photo gallery under cannabis plants as Indoor Grow and I posted them under the name WMDmountainIG so you can go there and check them out. Like I said all I grow is bagseed and I have some super potent strains. When I have more time I will sort out some pics and post them on the thread. Just look at the picture on my profile and that is one of my latest grows from bagseed...:roorrip:

I am doing bag seed as well. This is my third grow and like everyone else said, if you start with good product you have a good start. I have gotten about a 15 or seeds from my grows and I have been using them as well. If I can I will post some pics soon.

With over 20 years experience, just watch what you choose your seeds from and go from there. I usually end up with more females than males and the end product is always fantastic...here are just a few of the pics...
03950.JPG
04338.JPG
...this one here was only at 20 days of flowering and the first two photos are at 30 days of flowering...
004434.JPG
...and this is what you can do with bagseed. You just need to be patient and learn what the plants want , they will tell you what they need. These are just a random selection and at the time of the pic's the ones at 30 days of flowering still had another eight weeks to go and a few had ten weeks. I will get some pic's posted later as to what they looked like finished...
007349.JPG
...This last plant was completely ripe and ready to go at five weeks , the picture was taken at 20 days of flowering and went another two weeks...:roorrip:

007349.JPG
...This is the plant that was mature at five weeks of flowering, it was 20 days flowering at the time of photo and went another two weeks...The picture was left out of the last thread...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom