What's wrong with bagseed? Speak up!

Nice bro! Thanks a lot for your contribution!!! Very nice.

What drew you to that type of growing? Bagseed, random seed?
I mean, what was/is your goal as far as growing unknown genetics?

Thanks again bro!

-Go

Nice bro! Thanks a lot for your contribution!!! Very nice.

What drew you to that type of growing? Bagseed, random seed?
I mean, what was/is your goal as far as growing unknown genetics?

Thanks again bro!

-Go

Well to be honest when I first started growing over 20 years ago , my choice was a matter of necessity...Seed banks were not as plentiful back then although I did obtain seeds from Neville at The Seed Bank. Most of my seed came from what I had available, which were very potent strains from the Southern hemisphere and elsewhere in the world and I just started to collect seeds and grow them out. Then as I began to selectively breed them I ended up with several stable very potent strains, I never named them but I know what I have, now it is just a hobby to see what I can produce....I am very interested in the medical use of it to treat chronic pain and I am closely monitoring that situation and the direction that it is heading in. I do believe that the government is starting to realize that they are fighting a losing battle. Of course I do take advantage of the seed companies now, but I also still like the diversity of bagseed and still grow it every chance I get. It is also very difficult to breed your own because of all of the manipulated genes floating around...anyway enough with my ranting and if there is anything I can answer I will be happy to do so...:hookah::allgood::allgood:

Great thread. I always love bag seed threads.

You know I lived in the South and smoked brick weed for about two years. Now 1 out of every 10 times or so you get some brick that will get your attention. One time I got some that was full of seeds and rusty red, like cigarette tobacco. It reminded me of the Thai we used to get in the 70s. I knew it would take a long time and probably a lot of room so I kept the seeds in my freezer for a later time. As my one year marriage to this bitch (Married in Reno) fell apart she would destroy things of mine that I cared about. One of those things was my bag seed collection. Man I get mad just thinking about it now, as I think I could grow a long life sativa right now. On the bright side my divorce from her is final in one week.

Funny thing about the Mexicans (and others making brick weed nowadays) is that they are buying their seeds from Amsterdam now. I mean you get the odd old school stuff, but it is not the rule anymore. Not to say it would be bad weed, but it will not always be original landrace genes.

But as another said, if the brick you smoke is good it is likely the weed you grow will be better.

One other note. In the way that brick is grown and compressed and then distributed, lots of bud types can get mixed up. You can have seeds from a couple farmers in a single bag.

fuck the frail shit, bad seed... hmm YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT STRAIN IT COULD BE! nor do u know if its indica or sativa. look at my gallery all bagseeds!
2_weeks_.jpg

2_weeks.jpg

12_weeks_1.jpg

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks to everyone who commented my pics of bagseed plants...and to everyone else who posted their own pics :bravo:...By the way I have since posted a grow journal titled "Product of years of breeding bagseed" so if any of you are inclined to do so drop by and check it out. I would love to hear your opinions on it...:welcome:...:roorrip:

Nice bro Nice!

Thanks again for your contribution....I wish more people would have shared...I kinda wanted this thread to explode...but it's not doing as such!

Thanks again WMD!

Go Green, you need to be patient. I have bag seed photos, but none in flower. People will come. You have to realize that not everyone believes in bag seed for various reasons you you have a select minority that does.

Here's a pic of my bagseed beauty. She was put under low stress training, and grew giant colas reaching for the sun.

I think I'm going to do an indoor bagseed grow next. Since I can't really afford the seedbank right now.

Bagseed is as good as what you put into it. If you care for your plant, she'll reward you back. I got 1 and a half ounces from this girl. My best yield to date.

P1060433a.JPG

Here is a pic of a bagseed that i started first to see if i remembered how to grow after 15 years....lol

04339.jpg

we call it Miss Bagweed (hope its female)
:wood:

It's sad that people speak of bag-seed as if they are a cheap one-time whore. lol

:goodluck: with your grow ke! It's like riding a bike! Just a few more crashes! lol

-Go

It's sad that people speak of bag-seed as if they are a cheap one-time whore. lol

:goodluck: with your grow ke! It's like riding a bike! Just a few more crashes! lol

-Go

All the veterans know that all the seed we buy now originally come from bag seeds. Even if you get some commercial weed that is not that great you could still have some winners in the bag seed. Commercial weed is mishandled, harvest wrong, peed on and transported in tires and gas tanks after being compressed. The genetic diversity in bag seed can range from hemp to mind blowing. Usually if you get a good bag of weed with seeds in it the chances are you will find at least one winner and probably a couple different kinds of winners.

Now that most people are buying Dutch seeds (Jamaicans, Mexicans and maybe even the Colombians are doing it now) for the same reasons that the cash croppers in America are. Only those guys have to transport it internationally and mistreat it to get as much here as they can. They cannot jar up weed at the grow site in Mexico to get nice buds to America. It is the third world there and if a man makes $5 a pound growing it it is better than the 50 cents he would make growing plantain or corn. So they compress it to get it past the check points that the US Government has funded around the roads that lead from the grow locations to get it to the shipping locations. Even in American they are compressing bud in Texas, Arkansas and probably even Appalachia. (I have never had Appalachian weed).

So if a person does what the original breeders (like Rez Dog, Sam the Skunkman, DJ Short and the Haze Brothers) did you can make some killer phenos from any bag seed. I believe you really have to start with the best smoke you can get, and plant as many seeds as you can and you will increase your odds of coming up with a strain that folks spend hundreds of dollars for from one of these celebrities.

One thing about buying seeds from a celebrity.... You do have a fairly consistent and stable line of a med that people want. Again, I just believe most people doing that are not just growing head stash. I know that Rez sells seeds for hundreds of dollars and he crashes his server when he has a seed drop because every cash cropper in California NEEDs to have a have a strain that is sought after, has a reliable and stable flower cycle that is short and a canopy of plants that are all the same height on the first seed run. You throw a bunch of bag seeds in pots and you have good weed, bad weed and plants of varying sizes all under the same lights. If you have plenty of seeds you can just throw down many of them and cull out those that do not meet your criteria during the veg cycle, but then you may also be throwing out your most potent strains.

People buy seeds for reliability and consistency in canopy height, flower cycle and potency. It is for people that do not have time to select their own pheno. Although even with the most expensive seeds you do have like ten plants if they all sprout, half of them male, and that leaves maybe only one female to make a mother from that will be your perfect fit.

I love bag seed, but it is like a box of chocolates.

Yup. I've had 3 grows now. 1 from bag seed, and 2 from the seedbank. I would love to get some nice seeds of strains I love. But we're kind of hit right now as far as money goes. So I think I'll plant 12 bag seeds (the legal limit for us), and hopefully get 4 females. I can only really grow 4 at a time in my little space.

Most comercial strains are ones that produce big yields. Usually an indica, and probably Big Bud, or some Northern Lights, or Skunk hybrid. If you treat them well, they'll turn out great. The only reason they get seeded up is, because they probably had hundreds of plants in a room, and a male or hermi fertilized the crop.

Back
Top Bottom