What's wrong with bagseed? Speak up!

Well, there are 2 bagseeds and 3 White Rhinos in bud mode.

I got 6oz from my last bagseed harvest. I let the harvest crop cure for 2 weeks. I got a roller coaster ride in 6 jars. Tonight I am on jar #4; smooth, relaxing, everything is going to be aright attitude.

I got about 500 bagseeds and only 4 White Rhino seeds left. I hope I can get a male White Rhino this time around to keep the genetics.

MY 1ST BAGSEED(1 OF EM) GOING RIGHT NOW..SEE IF I CAN GET SOME MORE ON
0814000804.jpg

Yea they get about 4-5 hours of sun then i throw em back under the lights- just 3 100watt full spectrum reg bulbs in some wide light dishes, works pretty good at least for now.

Re: made in?

Maybe we should start lobbying for growers and sellers to have labels on their merchandise like all other manufactures do, lol
Everything else we buy has where its made and whats in it. Would hurt for a some grower to throw a "product of" sticker on the zip loc? and a ingredients label, like ThaiHaze x Skunk? Let us know what the heck we are smoking. Might as well throw an best if used by date on there also.:rofl:

:yahoo::rofl: thats some funny shit sorry for the pun but it is the way he says it lmfao :yahoo::rofl::laugh:

oh and here is a pic of my lil bagseed baby she is 4 weeks out the dirt so far and she is 8" long in LST grow
9-22-10_3_.jpg
9-22-10_14_.jpg

Hey Nasty, I thought that up when I was straight. You can't imagine what goes on between these two ears when I'm all buzzed up.

yea i could just imagine my mind races when im blazed to lol i luv it and it helps wit my back pain to :tokin:

more bizarre thoughts

Posted this elsewhere didn't get any responses, so I'll try here:

Is post growth blending of cured buds the same high as growing a cross/hybrid of the same strains?
Example: If you grew a skunk plant and a northern light plant, then you cured them. Mixed a bud of each and rolled one up and smoked it, Would it have the same high as smoking a joint of a skunk x northernlight hybrid?
I grew some bag seed indoor last grow. 4 plants from same bag with 4 slightly different looks and highs, from stoned to heady. Also grew a plant outdoor from different bag seeds with a very nice mellow high. I mixed a piece of 5 different buds together and wow, totally different more intense smoke.

I would like to toss in a question at this point. What am I doing wrong?
This is my first attempt at growing my own and I am using bagseed, but I cannot get any to germinate. I am using the pre-soak method, room temp water, ceramic cup w/ saucer cover. I'm on my second round of 10-12 seeds, both unsuccessful after 72 hrs.

Monty
Are you using paper towels on the saucer? There are some good posts on here about starting seeds in the growing section
Soak in cup for 12-24 hrs, then on a plate between wet paper towels, cover with another dish or plastic bag, keep checking every day.
I started 4 year old bag seeds that way this year. Not a good germination rate 4 out of 12, but healthy sprouts. Also started some seeds for a friend this year from a bud he just got and had 10 out of 10 sprouts. I guess the fresher the better.

I had a problem with my Northern Lights that I bought. The first 5 i tried didnt sprout at all. The next five i tried 4 out of 5 barely cracked open, then it took 4 days in the towels to grow about 1/4 inch and another week in peat pots before they popped out of the dirt. I was ready to toss them thinking they were dead. 6 weeks later they are doing fine. By the way Nirvana made good on their seeds and sent me 5 more. Great company to buy from.

Where in Mexico are you from?

Hey Monty, as Hash Hound mentioned, freshness definitely plays a role. You also need to make sure you are using mature seeds. You want a seed that is firm. It shouldn't squish easily when squeezed between your fingertips with mild to medium pressure. Also, the seeds should be some shade of brown. Usually the darker the better but there are always exceptions. A green seed is a dead giveaway the seed is not mature and will probably not germinate. Seeds that do best are harvested from bud that is past its prime. Not bad bud, rather bud that was harvested after the peak of ripeness (roughly 50/50 amber trichs).

Disclaimer: I am currently currently enjoying some bagseed bounty with over a year of cure. very nice. Now I'm gonna watch sitcoms and eat a chocolate frosty! Ain't life grand!:goodluck::headbanger::woohoo:

I would like to toss in a question at this point. What am I doing wrong?
This is my first attempt at growing my own and I am using bagseed, but I cannot get any to germinate. I am using the pre-soak method, room temp water, ceramic cup w/ saucer cover. I'm on my second round of 10-12 seeds, both unsuccessful after 72 hrs.

i have had the best results by planting straight in to the soil.

I use the paper towel method since the spout will show without wasting time with soil or plugs with bad seeds. I germinate 6 to 10 seeds at a time, place the good spouts in my AeroGarden. After a month, I take 2 clones from each, place one set in the flower room in soil for a couple of weeks to determine sex. Then I setup the hydro drip system to grow.

I don't have room for a mother plant so I flower the original plant and grow the female clones for 8 weeks.

I get a chance to experiment with seeds from difference sources. I keep a male from time to time for pollen. I keep very strong fast growing males pollen. I brush on pollen to one branch of a flower plant to get seeds.

When I get a sativa, I use Bushmaster to limit the height. Sativa plants take a long time to flower. I sometimes take pollen from a male indica and make seeds from the sativa or via versa. I like the unknown results and experimenting.

I would love to order seeds, but I can't risk it. I love reefer, it help me sleep and control stress, but it is not worth jail or fines. Honestly, the price of seeds online are too expensive to risk lose in transit.

Thanks for all the input, as I said, this is my first attempt and a lot of what is talked about here is way over my head. That's why I come here to educate myself.
I got the idea of soaking here: How do I germinate seeds?
I have placed the seeds between wet paper towels and keeping them in the dark. Will keep updating my progress... or lack thereof.

"Disclaimer: I am currently currently enjoying some bagseed bounty with over a year of cure. very nice. Now I'm gonna watch sitcoms and eat a chocolate frosty! Ain't life grand!"

LOL... yes it is!

Thanks for all the input, as I said, this is my first attempt and a lot of what is talked about here is way over my head. That's why I come here to educate myself.
I got the idea of soaking here: How do I germinate seeds?
I have placed the seeds between wet paper towels and keeping them in the dark. Will keep updating my progress... or lack thereof.

"Disclaimer: I am currently currently enjoying some bagseed bounty with over a year of cure. very nice. Now I'm gonna watch sitcoms and eat a chocolate frosty! Ain't life grand!"

LOL... yes it is!
Take about 3 nice heavy weight paper towels and fold them up then fold the towels in half, Now wet the towels until they are nice and damp but not soaked, you do not want to be able to squeeze water out of them, now open the towels were they are folded in half and spread your seeds out on one side of the fold now close the fold and take the paper towels and place them in a ziplock baggy and seal it and place in a warm spot , open the bag and check daily you should have sprouts within 24 hours to 48 hours...:goodluck:...:roorrip:

WE HAVE GERMINATION!!!!
I took the dozen or so seeds out of the pre-soak and followed WMD's instruction and got 2 taproots this morning. I put those 2 in small, plastic yogurt cups with tiny gravel in the bottom for drainage and good potting soil, about 1/2 in deep.
Going to try and find a fluorescent light fixture today, for when they break the surface. This really is more fascinating than just reading about it.

Sorry I haven't paid much attention to this thread guys! Keep things going! I am lurking just not participating at the moment!

Keep it green guys!!!

-Go

WE HAVE GERMINATION!!!!
I took the dozen or so seeds out of the pre-soak and followed WMD's instruction and got 2 taproots this morning. I put those 2 in small, plastic yogurt cups with tiny gravel in the bottom for drainage and good potting soil, about 1/2 in deep.
Going to try and find a fluorescent light fixture today, for when they break the surface. This really is more fascinating than just reading about it.

Congratulations on your germination. Just wanted to give you a little tip on lighting , fluorescent lighting will work just fine but if you can find it get a regular light fixture such as a clip on shop light with the aluminum shade, then get a screw in Y adapter so you can run two bulbs in it and get two 26watt compact fluorescent bulbs and run them in it, you can keep those bulbs right at the top of the plants maybe about 4 inches away and your plants will stay nice and squat. Using the CFL's will be cheaper on your electric than running the regular tubes and they take up less space and in my opinion they grow a better plant. Just to let you know buy the daylight bulbs as they are excellent for vegetative growth...:goodluck:...:roorrip:

Congratulations on your germination. Just wanted to give you a little tip on lighting , fluorescent lighting will work just fine but if you can find it get a regular light fixture such as a clip on shop light with the aluminum shade, then get a screw in Y adapter so you can run two bulbs in it and get two 26watt compact fluorescent bulbs and run them in it, you can keep those bulbs right at the top of the plants maybe about 4 inches away and your plants will stay nice and squat. Using the CFL's will be cheaper on your electric than running the regular tubes and they take up less space and in my opinion they grow a better plant. Just to let you know buy the daylight bulbs as they are excellent for vegetative growth...:goodluck:...:roorrip:

Thanks WMD, for once I am ahead of you. No reflectors, yet, but I have a 26W hanging 4" above my, now 4 plants (found 2 more taproots this morning)
will find the reflectors and pick up another bulb this week.
thanks again for all the help, I'm diggin' this

Back
Top Bottom