What's wrong with bagseed? Speak up!

Thanks WMD, for once I am ahead of you. No reflectors, yet, but I have a 26W hanging 4" above my, now 4 plants (found 2 more taproots this morning)
will find the reflectors and pick up another bulb this week.
thanks again for all the help, I'm diggin' this

Good to hear that my friend, you are definitely headed in the right direction, I have been using that method to germinate seeds for years and it never fails, keep an eye on them and I am sure you will find more germinated seeds in the next day or so, If you have any questions feel free to ask as I am happy to help...:goodluck:...:roorrip:

Hey everyone! I am getting ready to take on a bagseed project, and it seems there is a lot of negative, or non-interested type information out there on bagseed.

What is everyone's experience? I thought there was a thread on here about bagseed bud pics and whatnot, but can't seem to find it now.

I have it figured, as far as genetics go, it's all a tossup, for the most part, unless you have it figured out, and have a lab-type setting...it seems unrealistic to narrow down things as the breeders do. I dunno, maybe I am lazy!

Anyhow. Bagseed people! SPeak up! :tokin:

-Go

I really have nothing bad to say about bag seed a friiend of mine would grow out bag seed from everything he ever got and to tell the truth the seed from wicked bud was always wicked but sometimes hermied and the seed that came from mexican schwag and mediocre bud was always better when grown by someone who cared and at times we got some just F#$%ing Incredible bud especially from the mexican weed as they do have wicked landraces down there but they dont care about seed or really taking proper care of it so the product we see is usually schwag but it can be wicked when grown properly,

Last night a buddy got some dope and it look like crap. I would not smoke it. This is why growing your own is a good idea, except for the laws.

In 2 months I will have some good dope. I am running low on my last harvest of bagseeds. 2oz left. Time to make the donuts....

My cured bagseed harvast is so smooth and has a strong effects. Experimenting is so damn exciting.

In my last journal (on another site) I was working through a learning curve to make High Pressure Aero (HPA) work (IT DOES!).

I did not want to experiment with expensive seeds, as my first HPA grow I lost a lot of expensive babies: the survivor was worth it, so I saw the promise of HPA, but needed to study more and grow again.

I had a stash of hundreds of seeds that I kept from decades ago. Virtually all I stated germinated! Turns out most were Sativa dominant. This makes sense as they were grown outdoors with no restrictions. Under HPA conditions, they quickly outgrew my indoor space. Too late to LST very much. However, at the end of the day, I got lots of amazing comments on taste and quality of head.

Appparently experiences with bagseed vary. I hear a lot of negative stuff but my first grow was with bagseed and it turned out amazing. I still don't know what the strain was but I think it was ak48. Try it out!

I'm in late to this one, as usual. I'm starting my current grow with 15 bagseeds from decent mids. They're going to end up as a base for future seed stock, I hope for a ripping male to cross with a Grapefruit variety. Tonight showed 13/15 germinated and above the media - I lowered the 63w LED over them and will grow them out in 2l hempy with coco and OC+.

600W_Coco:Hempy_-_74.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_75.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_76.jpg

GO GO BAGSEED! :cheer: :cheer:

Nothin' wrong with bagseed. All of today's big name strains started out as bagseed from somewhere. Just pick a weed with a high you like and good potency.

If you know a guy who sells "good" regs,you're on the right track. Tell him what kind of buzz you like and to call you when he's got something along those lines.

Mexican and Colombian weed,the regs we see the most in the Southeast are still mostly landrace sativas. Jamaican,which is common as regs in central/south Florida,is by and large full of Dutch genetics these days. It's a shame as old time Jamaican had a loose jointed body high combined with a laugh you butt off head high that other weeds of it's time lacked. On the other hand it can be fun to see what pops up in a Jamaican bagseed grow.

The very lightly seeded mids that come from the West Coast are usually hybrids,you never know what you're going to get growing them out,but that's part of the fun. They can pop hermies as many of 'em started out as clones

If you're growing indoors,you might want to go 12/12 from seed with Mexican and Colombian seed so you don't run out of headroom.

To produce seed,do a small guerilla grow outdoors,do a few spots w/ 4-5 plants planted very close together so it looks like ditchweed to rippers and cops. You don't have to check on them after they're established,except to nab a couple of colas in the fall. All you need is one clump w/ a single female to produce all the seeds you need.

Good luck.

I have to agree I just finished up a crop of what turned out to be pure strain sativa's as they went well over 130 days in flower but as I found out these long flowering sativa's have a tendency to hermaphrodite at the end of flower which mine did.

So I have decided to turn 756g of bud although seeded into hash from which I hope I am able to yield 2.5oz+ from the processing.

The True Joy of Bag Seeds!

I am not growing now, sucks I know. I have grown some damn fine weed. Weed I was proud of. My father grew dope in the 70's. Him and my uncle roy had a 2 car garage painted flat white with flouro's hanging from the sealing and 5 gallon buckets with soil and plants started from seeds BAG SEEDS from the best they had smoked at the time. I still remember that grow, larger than anything I have done( I am a personal use grower) but so very cool. Even though I was 6 years old I still knew it was cool. All the plants in rows spaced so far apart( nobody thought canopy then) and pictures of plants and buds cut from hightimes magazine on the walls..it looked like something from an oliver stone film..My dad "Dave" my uncle " Kush" ( cushman was his last name, and their friends Stone, Web, Skeeter and Roach made a colorful group.

My dad and my uncle grew some OK weed, esp for the homegrown of the day. Of course homegrown had a stigma back then and it prolly earned it. The weed I have grown even though from "bag seeds" has been much better with bigger buds( from HID lights) and likely better genetics out of the bag to boot.

I have mostly grown sativas( I am from texas and we get a lot of mexican sativas here) even though indoor and I like them. That's what pop grew after all. A few years before he died my uncle( having long since abandoned growing for a straight job) saw my small grow and was impressed. Of course I was proud beyond belief at his approval. A few weeks later he gave me a few bag seeds he himself had been saving. Next crop I planted the beans and up popped 4 darling ladies of a short indica/kush variety. I flowered it in with my sativas under a second light( had to be lower) and had a lower yielding but damn potent plant. I cloned them and grew them for while, planning at some point to cross them with the mexican sativas I was growing and breed my own strain. I had to shut the grow down for reasons beyond the scope of this story, and they where lost forever.

A few years later my uncle died of cancer before his time. I loved him and he was and is missed by many. Later in life he had began traveling to mexico staying for months at a time, planning to retire there and certainly smoking those mexican sativas and meeting a nice mexican lady. I will certainly breed a strain one day a cross between a trippy giant sativa and a squat kush plant from halfway across the world. When I do, I will remember my uncle, things he taught me about growing, hash making, tincture, etc.. I will remember his nickname "Cush" from the string short plants he loved so much( and his last name) and I will be sad he never got to burn a bowl of the strain our family grew...but I think I'll call it..Uncle Roy

Hey everyone! I am getting ready to take on a bagseed project, and it seems there is a lot of negative, or non-interested type information out there on bagseed.

What is everyone's experience? I thought there was a thread on here about bagseed bud pics and whatnot, but can't seem to find it now.

I have it figured, as far as genetics go, it's all a tossup, for the most part, unless you have it figured out, and have a lab-type setting...it seems unrealistic to narrow down things as the breeders do. I dunno, maybe I am lazy!

Anyhow. Bagseed people! SPeak up! :tokin:

-Go

If you are talking about just tossing some out in the back garden and seeing what pops up, thats fine, BUT!...

Growing a plant from seed takes a TON of work and A LOT of time, in addition to the $$ for nutes and other stuff. The last thing I want to do is waste all that on a plant that I don't know anything about, has a dubious lineage to begin with and may likely be male.

Nah... I much prefer to focus on growing strains that I already know are quality and will produce bud of the highest potency and density. These days I have been learning more and more about clones. Buying strains I like as clones and cloning my own seed raised plants that have impressed me.

Bottom line... Life's too short for Bag Seed! :roorrip:

I have 4 seeds that I found in an oz that I obtained recently. It was very nice smoke. I'm gonna plant these someday and see what I get. I hope that I get stuff as good as it's source.

I'm working on my first grow ever right now. Right now I'm growing from seed bank seed. I have grown out a male and female of 2 different strains. I put the males outdoors until they matured enuff to produce pollen. I then clipped off a few male flowers of each plant putting into separate ziplock bags. I hope that I actually got enuff pollen. The pollen pods(or whatever you call them) were mostly still closed and not releasing pollen yet. I attempted to pollenate 1 bud on each of the females with pollen from her respective male using a Q-tip. I say "attempted" because I'm not sure that I actually got any pollen on the Q-tips. I couldn't see any. But then my eyes ain't as good as they used to be. I've marked the bud sites with a twistie tie. I'm hoping to get seeds so that I can grow these again in the future as I have no seeds left of one strain and only one of the other. I do have clones of the females though. :high-five:

I've also got 4 feminized W.W. seeds from a Dutch seed bank. I had 10 but I gave 2 away and managed to kill 3 somehow before they ever broke the surface of the soil. One was just a bad seed (cracked). The 2 I gave away are happily growing with a friend. I've decided to wait until I have more experience before I try to grow the 4 I have left. They were kinda expensive.

So, yeah I kinda went off topic, sorta. The first paragraph is about bag seed tho. I wish that I had started out with just bag seed. They're a hell of a lot cheaper.

I have 4 seeds that I found in an oz that I obtained recently. It was very nice smoke. I'm gonna plant these someday and see what I get. I hope that I get stuff as good as it's source.

I'm working on my first grow ever right now. Right now I'm growing from seed bank seed. I have grown out a male and female of 2 different strains. I put the males outdoors until they matured enuff to produce pollen. I then clipped off a few male flowers of each plant putting into separate ziplock bags. I hope that I actually got enuff pollen. The pollen pods(or whatever you call them) were mostly still closed and not releasing pollen yet. I attempted to pollenate 1 bud on each of the females with pollen from her respective male using a Q-tip. I say "attempted" because I'm not sure that I actually got any pollen on the Q-tips. I couldn't see any. But then my eyes ain't as good as they used to be. I've marked the bud sites with a twistie tie. I'm hoping to get seeds so that I can grow these again in the future as I have no seeds left of one strain and only one of the other. I do have clones of the females though. :high-five:

sounds great. I'm sure you have plenty of pollen, only takes a tiny bit. I think most people dilute it with something before they brush it onto any females.

Good Luck!

there is absoulutly nothing "wrong" with bag seeds you just never know what your going to get some of the best strains the world has ever seen have bin born from crossing bag seeds and growers making there own genetics that way. i say go for it do a few diffrent pllants clone them flower them keep the best mothers growing then bread them with the best male you preduced grow the seeds keep the best plant and then bread ti with your male agine and POOF you have your own strain! happy growing

I have personaly grown, breeded and cloned some bagseed plants....still have a bunch of seeds left. After 16 plants three died in veg prob my fault and only three came out male. I have had some good yields not great and the potency varied. Overall it was a good investment all my work led to free marijuana for two years running now.

Re: What's wrong with Bagseed? Speak Up! . . . Mmmm - BagSeed

I joined this site because (with few exceptions) the other members on the other site which I belong to were S L O W to respond to my desperate pleas for advice, leaving me to outsource (mostly to THIS site) my quest for knowledge . . .
. . . A N D (of greatest importance to me) . . .
. . . this site has the most extensive data on, & the highest percentage of BagSeed Aficionados :thanks: :circle-of-love:

This is my first indoor grow, & I'm using two (2) varieties of bagseeds. I plan to keep on using them, as well. (I MAY buy some regular [non-feminized/non-auto] in order to get some males [ G A S P !!! ] to cross-pollinate)

My only rules are:
1) I don't spend a ton of $$$ on MJ ($70-$150/oz. - depending on quality), but I DO NOT smoke garbage, therefore the WORST quality end product that I'll harvest will be a slightly better version of the decent mids which I started with.

2) I look for a better-than-average high from buds which are packed with seeds (preferably lots of immature seeds, too). This tells me that it is a higher-end strain with a decent genetic lineage. (It was thrown in a 12 billion acre field, ignored for the entirety of it's growing life, chopped down en masse, partially dried in the field, then bricked-up & trucked away before being properly cured. Someone did not care for this stuff at all, yet it still manages to do the job well [for what it is ]. Mass commercial and cartel growers KNOW that they will not be tenderly caring for their crop, but they still want to maximize profits. The only way to do that is to start with a decent strain.)

3) I plant more than one (1) variety just in case (you never know what pollinated your decent mids - COULD be real trash - NOT likely but definitely possible). I'm only doing two (2) types now due to limited initial space. Next grow will include at least five (5) varieties (color, odor, buzz quality/intensity, & other physical/psychoactive characteristics are well documented as it is consumed & the description kept with those specific seeds).

4) Keep detailed written/visual records of growth style and buzz characteristics so you know if its worth growing again or could be crossed with a different strain to make it a new variety with more desirable traits . . . or if it's just trash

I've grown from the bag since the '80s.Most farmers I know/knew did as well. The one exception was a pure Afghan Sativa whose seeds were purchased in Holland in the late '60s (Dyn-O-Mite - made me puke & hallucinate the first time ) Other than that, we all grew bagseed, picked the best & hardiest varieties, & crossed 'em. Now there are some strains which are only available in my locality that F A R out-perform most of the Name-Brands that I've sampled.

Bagseed is also FREE (you're obviously buying buds, not seeds). That's another reason to go ahead and practice, practice, practice with Ye' Olde Bagseed. You WILL get experience, & you may also get a BIG surprise

On a related note, I just scored some local, gourmet seeds: HeartBreak Kid - (something to do with pro wrestling - I'm not sure what). It's been around for quite a while, but not 'til after I had left the area. The original name (according to legend - from agri-legends, though) was HillBilly Kush (a pure Hindu-Kush area hash-plant crossed with a local potent Sativa dominant strain). It was then re-named HillBilly Killer ('cuz it was killer strong - no HillBillies actually died due to consumption - as far as I know ). The person who gave it to me is trustworthy & claims to have kept the strain pure. Although crosses were made, the seeds I have SHOULD be the original HBK genetics. Y A Y !!! I CANT WAIT !!!

Back to the topic: bagseeds are great to perfect your techniques, & the results may just pop the top off of your skull Happy Growing, Everyone - no matter what it is

I'll throw up a few pics to let y'all see where I'm at with this grow.

I guess I'll have to reply again to get the rest of my pics up.

I'll take all the help/feedback that I can get. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom