When do trichomes start appearing?

Mac Lean

Hey, guys!
First time growing... got an auto Vertigo that's been flowering for a couple of weeks now, but the flowers don't smell like anything and I can't see any trychomes on them.
Is this normal? When do trychomes normally start appearing?
Thanks! :peace:

I have a seedling that started showing when it was less than a week old...
DSCN63233.JPG
DSCN63851.JPG
DSCN63152.JPG
DSCN63161.JPG
DSCN63202.JPG

I actually posted a pic in another thread and asked about this being unusual (My first Auto grow) and nobody had any comments...

I bet the auto aspect of the plant has something to do with those tric's showing up so early. Looks very interesting whatever it is

This is my first auto grow so Im not really sure but I would tend to agree with you on this, She started off very slow but in the last couple of day its started its upward journey. I was worried she wasn't going to grow at all, the first couple of days after it sprouted it showed very little growth except for the single first leaves, now she is coming to life!

Another thing about Sparkles, when you look very close at the trichomes they appear to already be cloudy, never saw any clear ones even in the beginning.

As far as I know capitate tricomes appear roughly 2-4 weeks into flowering. There are always tricomes present on the plant even in vegetative growth (these presumably contain terpenes, the reason for the smell when you rub the leaves), but these have no stalks like the ones in flowering. If you have just started flowering I wouldn't worry that you haven't seen any trics yet. at least that is how I understand it. Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom