Which LED lights!

...well thank you...

...maybe I should have gone with that brand but I am not dissatisfied yet... (grin)

...I am trying to figger the cumputer thingie on the Intelligent Gros... (doh)

I've gone all out and am running 2300w of the Mars IIs in a 5x5 tent. 4 x 400w, and 1 x 700w.

The reason? Well, the fact is that it's all about the draw at the plug, and they pull just over 1kw, which is the recommended size HPS light for that space.

Believe the marketing hype at your peril, you need about 35-50 watts per square foot (at the plug), and even with 2300w of TopLEDs, i'm still only at 44w per square foot.

And don't believe what they say about coverage either. The new 1600w Mars II will be very lucky if it covers a 4x4. Personally (obviously) i think more of the lesser powered units is a far better option.

LEDs at present are simply about keeping temps down, all the rest of the hype is just that....hype. If you think you're going top get 3gpw, and stronger weed...well, you'll be disappointed, whichever unit you choose.

Just my two cents :)

...I know this, which is why I am trying to stuff as many watts into my tent as my budget will allow...

...I must say that I am feeling a good bit less special aboot my special pricing, but the Intelligent Gro lights are a good value in watts per $$$ compared to some LED lights...

...the 810 watt units are $1100...they draw 600 watts...

...well thank you...

...maybe I should have gone with that brand but I am not dissatisfied yet... (grin)

...I am trying to figger the cumputer thingie on the Intelligent Gros... (doh)

I'm having a great grow so far with the Gen 2 Intelligent Gro's....

There is info on the website on how to use the controller...

I also made a video that may help..

I've gone all out and am running 2300w of the Mars IIs in a 5x5 tent. 4 x 400w, and 1 x 700w.

The reason? Well, the fact is that it's all about the draw at the plug, and they pull just over 1kw, which is the recommended size HPS light for that space.

Believe the marketing hype at your peril, you need about 35-50 watts per square foot (at the plug), and even with 2300w of TopLEDs, i'm still only at 44w per square foot.

And don't believe what they say about coverage either. The new 1600w Mars II will be very lucky if it covers a 4x4. Personally (obviously) i think more of the lesser powered units is a far better option.

LEDs at present are simply about keeping temps down, all the rest of the hype is just that....hype. If you think you're going top get 3gpw, and stronger weed...well, you'll be disappointed, whichever unit you choose.

Just my two cents :)
My opinion is this..

Plant lighting should be determined by DLI or Daily light integral. Each plant has different requirement. For instance Cannabis even has different light requirements depending on the longevity of the day. For instance in flowering since the plant only receives 12 hours of light, the PPFD has to be 500umol-700umol for optimal plant development, however, if the plant is in veg and receiving 18 hours of light the requirement drops down to only 380Umol and if you are running a 24/0 schedule then it drops even further to 255. From what I read, most major commercial agricultural facilities use DLI when determining the proper lighting. Now does this mean you can't get buds with less light...no..but for optimal growth, yes.. cannabis I believe has a light compensation point at around 62umol, meaning that at this measurement or higher, photosynthesis begins..

So by knowing what I mentioned, this is the most accurate way that I know when determining what is the proper light for your grow area. Obviously the company should be supplying a footprint readout with Umol/Par readings with their products but overall this seems to be how most horticulture lighting experts seek lighting requirements. Once you know the light requirement for your plants, you can look at the Par/umol charts and see what light is optimal for your plant, and grow area. Then there is no guesswork at all needed.. :)

...thank you Sara but I am thinking I don't want any lights at this point...

...I don't have what I need to to what I want so fuk it...

...well, through a weird transmorgification of events I have decided to eschew LED lighting in favor on induction lights...

...perhaps not a plasma light per se but we are going with Tesla...

...as a far as I know no one has done exactly what I will be trying...

...I am trying to have my cake and eat it too...

...hopefully the Argo Max 400 watt induction light with the new Pure PAR Grow Lamp will make supplimetation with red LEDS or small HPS lights unessesary...

...I don't think anyone has done a grow with these yet...

...I have three in a 4x8 tent and note some thermal issues on a hot day...an AC unit has that sorted...

...I am starting 12 seeds and figure to finish maybe 8 plants...growing in soiless medium in 5 gallon bags using roots organics and soul synthetic fertilizers...3 x 7 SCROG...

3 x LSD
3 x Pure Kush
3 x Y Griega
2 x White Widow auto
1 x Mataro Blue

...ya know...fuk LEDs...I am scoping plasma lights...

...specifically the Rocket plasma light...

...the spectrum and user replaceable lamp make it the current choice in it's price range. ..imho...

I went down that path several yrs ago ,created light fluffy strectched shit contacted the manufacturer and was told they are only meant for supplementary lighting

Back
Top Bottom