Which UVB lights to get?

I’ve been researching UVB lights in the 280-300nm wavelength and wanna try for my next run anyone have any cheap suggestions for bulbs and fixtures? I’ve been looking at reptile terrarium lights but not sure what to get?

I’ve been researching UVB lights in the 280-300nm wavelength and wanna try for my next run anyone have any cheap suggestions for bulbs and fixtures? I’ve been looking at reptile terrarium lights but not sure what to get?

they won't have enough power. there are some puck style led uv and far red supplementals you can get in higher power.

maybe hit up some of the sponsors. @Elevated Lighting Company may have something. possible @NextLight has an offering as well.

... anyone have any cheap suggestions for bulbs and fixtures? I’ve been looking at reptile terrarium lights but not sure what to get?
The older I get the less I like buying "cheap" cause that often means "cheap" results.;)

I would be thinking that the reptile & terrarium lights will end up costing just as much or more than the equivalent coverage over a grow area. Most of them are designed to fit the openings of reptile terrariums which limits their footprint over the grow space and often ending up meaning that two are needed instead of one specialized grow light with the same light specs.

The older I get the less I like buying "cheap" cause that often means "cheap" results.;)

I would be thinking that the reptile & terrarium lights will end up costing just as much or more than the equivalent coverage over a grow area. Most of them are designed to fit the openings of reptile terrariums which limits their footprint over the grow space and often ending up meaning that two are needed instead of one specialized grow light with the same light specs.

most don't have the throw either. it takes a bit of kick to get penetration.

Anyone have any cheap suggestions on getting some UVB lights for four 4’x5’ boxes, getting bulbs in the 280-30nm wavelength? Ive read reptile terrarium lights work but not sure which ones are the best?
:welcome: to the forum @Hell Awaits :passitleft:

All the reading I've done says it's not worth it...yep, :rofl: I spent a whole 30 seconds on the topic :reading420magazine: either get some LEDs or some old school HIDs...I run HIDs in my flower tent, and LEDs in my veg closet...I used to grow with CFLs but it took about 50 bulbs to grow a decent plant, and in the end wasn't worth it :rofl:

weren't we here already ?

Thanks

This one I found looks pretty awesome. Check out the Migro UVB 310 at migrolight dot com. They also do amazing research videos and light reviews Migro on youtube

This one I found looks pretty awesome. Check out the Migro UVB 310 at migrolight dot com. They also do amazing research videos and light reviews Migro on youtube
I bought that 1 thanks, hopefully be setting that up soon. I’ll put it above 1 box and test it out, if there is some noticeable difference I’ll get 3 more.

I bought that 1 thanks, hopefully be setting that up soon. I’ll put it above 1 box and test it out, if there is some noticeable difference I’ll get 3 more.

Let me know how it works for you. What is your plan with it? I want to incorporate about 2 hours of UV right in the middle of the 12 hour light cycle to mimic high noon intense sun.

Like all forms of radiation, UV rays are hazardous to human health
yeah but...it's bound to do good shit to plants right?!
....Like all forms of radiation, UV rays are hazardous to...you know what, nevermind.. yeah go buy the fkn light dude

Which UVB light to choose? None of them.

Cannabis Inflorescence Yield and Cannabinoid Concentration Are Not Increased With Exposure to Short-Wavelength Ultraviolet-B Radiation

The present study suggests that using UV radiation as a production tool did not lead to any commercially relevant benefits to cannabis yield or inflorescence secondary metabolite composition. It decreased THC, yield, terpenes and cannabinoids.
The original poster has not logged in since the last week of June. Not sure if he or she will ever get the info in the link.

Only reason for using UVB light that I came up with was doing damage to the insects that might be detrimental to the plant.

After 3 weeks or so I gave up when it did not seem to be worth it. Went back to using Neem or other sprays for Mites.

Back
Top Bottom