Why are my plants producing lime green to yellow new growth?

Rolltid3

420 Member
It starts on new growth and never gets better. Can't figure it out! It has no spots on any leaves and doesn't start at the bottom as nitrogen or magnesium would. Growth has all but stopped. Do they need fed more? Is it the light? First run with new light..
IMG_20200305_155133.jpg
IMG_20200305_155133.jpg

Coco/perlite
600 watt HPS 15-18 inches
GH trio, instead of 6/9 use 2/3 dilute to 600ppm twice a day
2 plants in 3 gallon/2 in 5 gallon
All are effected

Sorry, double posted the same pic.
Here is another
IMG_20200305_155107.jpg

Sorry, double posted the same pic.
Here is another
IMG_20200305_155107.jpg
What are you ph'ing your water? Have you checked the run off for ph issues? Looks under fed from here. Do you have an under shot of the stem and branches? Hahaha, I got more questions than answers for ya.

Do you feed to run off? Is your pH somewhere around 5.8? Sure looks like a N deficiency to me. I'm thinking your pH is off & the plant isn't up-taking the Nitrogen. Different Nutrients are used by the plant at different pH levels. You might be out of range for a good N uptake.
Not the light. You wouldn't get yellowing leaves on bottom if it were the light. Only on the top.

What are you ph'ing your water? Have you checked the run off for ph issues? Looks under fed from here. Do you have an under shot of the stem and branches? Hahaha, I got more questions than answers for ya.
Haha.... And I'll happily answer them all!!
pH 5.8-6.2 it comes back with in a digit either way. Pics coming

Do you feed to run off? Is your pH somewhere around 5.8? Sure looks like a N deficiency to me. I'm thinking your pH is off & the plant isn't up-taking the Nitrogen. Different Nutrients are used by the plant at different pH levels. You might be out of range for a good N uptake.
Not the light. You wouldn't get yellowing leaves on bottom if it were the light. Only on the top.
Thank you!
pH 5.8-6.2(allow it to fluctuate)
600ppm in/300-400 out
Is that a sign to up ppm(feed more)?

Haha.... And I'll happily answer them all!!
pH 5.8-6.2 it comes back with in a digit either way. Pics coming
Using a pen? If so have you calibrated it lately? And this what you feed at or that's what the run off is as well?

I was thinking N also, however it didn't start at the bottom?

Using a pen? If so have you calibrated it lately? And this what you feed at or that's what the run off is as well?
Yes, sir,i use a pen. Since this has been going on, I calibrate daily.
Yes, my pH stays in range in and out

I would up the ppm as I can see no other reason for it other than it needs more. The only other thing that comes to mind is it's getting root bound & needs bigger pots. You said you feed twice a day (Same as I do). I'm guessing you feed every time & never use just water.

I would up the ppm as I can see no other reason for it other than it needs more. The only other thing that comes to mind is it's getting root bound & needs bigger pots. You said you feed twice a day (Same as I do). I'm guessing you feed every time & never use just water.

Yes, sir, i never use water only. I usually feed, feed, then depends on the run off... Fed again or light fertigation or water and cal mag.
I'm OK doing the 2 micro/3 bloom instead of 6/9?

But it is in the new growth. What does the GH recommend you be feeding them at this point in their lives?
I'm unsure. I usually run it at 1/4-1/2 strength from someone else's chart i seen here. I decided to try the Lucas thing...
However, seen no since in using 6/9 when all I do is dilute it to the 600ppm. So, I start with 2/3 and dilute from there. Same ratio..

Your feed is a little low, go ahead and bump it up. Or add another irrigation cycle, they're eating faster than you're feeding them.
Thanks for your input!!
The question I've been asking myself is, am I OK at the 2 micro/3 bloom ratio?

Thank you, everyone!!
Makes me feel a WHOLE lot better. Especially, since we're all on the same page...
I just watered at 700 also added 1/2 tsp of grow, see if that will help.
I'll update

I have had this happen before where the new growth was fading and growth stopped.
In this scenario my run off had a much higher pH so it was obvious I was locked out.

I flushed my plants 3x their pot size with a super dilute mix of a&b and zym and resumed normal feeds.

I actually feed pretty high ec's so part of my weekly plan is to flush my plants every Friday with a dilute mix of my normal feed and also have a dry day on Sunday.

Good luck and hopefully my experience or weekly plan helps at all.

Back
Top Bottom