Why is she droopy? Tips are pointed downwards, I want her to be perky

Give them time they will take off, the bigger plant is a lighter green than I would expect it to be. I would add a little more grow nutes that may perk them up. They won't get "wet feet" in hydro, they're getting plenty of oxygen so they're good. Let me see your 50w cobs ok?

They are citizen clu048 1212 3500k 90cri running at 1400mA. You want a picture of the chip on the heat sink? Running or not running? Lol this pic was the day I got the frame back from the welding shop and installed the heat sinks. If you want a pic of them running I can go take one from the lit side just not sure how it will come out. I’ll go put some nutes in while I’m at it.

Attachments

• B467FD15-D816-4252-AC1D-9118D222F3D9.jpeg
    B467FD15-D816-4252-AC1D-9118D222F3D9.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 41
The water has all the small foamy like bubbles cause I added hygrozyme on top of the hydroguard. Hygrozyme was just added today. Ppm was around 180-200 last res, today I changed it out and it’s only at like 80 right now.

I’m not experienced in hydro or DWC at all but in this photo with the net pot and tote it looks like your water levels are pretty high.

From what I’ve read and my understanding you want about 2” from the bottom of the net pot to the water surface.

I may be wayyyyyy wrong here so someone please correct me if I am!

Maybe @Chris Scorpio would be able to chime in

Yes you want a space between the water and the net pot. Bubbles will splash water up onto the net pot. Lights look good, me likey!

Thanks. They were relatively easy to put together and wire up. Might have made the frame bigger than I needed but I’ll have very good coverage of my 3x3. The water level is lower than the pots and it’s only the splash effects getting to the pots. Whether it’s too much splash I don’t know. It was for a bit cause my rooters were water logged that’s why my one plant is lagging behind so badly (I figure) so I raised the rapid rooter and lowered the water. I’ll try to get a picture of the level the best I can with the lid on.

Maybe turn off all but one airstone, don't need a lot for one plant.

Well I’m hoping to have 2 if this other one picks up the pace lol.

These are probably the best shot I can get of water levels under the net pots

Pumped up ppm to 240 and ph is 5.8-5.9

A451DAAC-6117-4C31-A6FE-B83F0E1E9A93.jpeg
D1B3E1BC-088F-4E4D-B132-434D0B6A1EE4.jpeg

I also closed off the air valves a little to lessen the bubbles and turbulence.

image.jpg

Well I’m hoping to have 2 if this other one picks up the pace lol.

These are probably the best shot I can get of water levels under the net pots

Pumped up ppm to 240 and ph is 5.8-5.9

A451DAAC-6117-4C31-A6FE-B83F0E1E9A93.jpeg
D1B3E1BC-088F-4E4D-B132-434D0B6A1EE4.jpeg

I also closed off the air valves a little to lessen the bubbles and turbulence.

image.jpg
Look at flying skull z7 great stuff to add to dwc you can thank me later bro

Look at flying skull z7 great stuff to add to dwc you can thank me later bro

They don’t offer z7 in Canada but apparently there is a z9 in Canada from flying skull. I’m sure something in z7 is banned in Canada so they made a Canadian version. Look at it, I’m pretty sure it’s the same thing.

I’ll get it for next grow. Seems like you don’t have to use much at all in comparison to hygrozyme. Does it take the place of hydroguard? Cause that 1L was t cheap.

They don’t offer z7 in Canada but apparently there is a z9 in Canada from flying skull. I’m sure something in z7 is banned in Canada so they made a Canadian version. Look at it, I’m pretty sure it’s the same thing.

I’ll get it for next grow. Seems like you don’t have to use much at all in comparison to hygrozyme. Does it take the place of hydroguard? Cause that 1L was t cheap.
Okay cool I have a buddy actually sending me some z9 to try ., I ran out of z7 had for too long through it out. Didn’t smell like it used to lol

Yeah you could get away with just z7 or z9

I used like 1-2 ml per week in coco pretty sure when res change just replace add it first before anything though.

Could it be an air quality issue or something? Air pump runs hot could it be a problem. I have a different air pump I could swap easily. Might give it a try in a day or two. I read that the start of root rot makes them droopy and such but I can’t see that being an issue this early. I might even test the cfls out again just to rule out a lighting issue. I can’t see why they would be having a problem with the cobs but I want to rule everything out.

Okay cool I have a buddy actually sending me some z9 to try ., I ran out of z7 had for too long through it out. Didn’t smell like it used to lol

Yeah you could get away with just z7 or z9

I used like 1-2 ml per week in coco pretty sure when res change just replace add it first before anything though.

Yeah I intent on buying z9 but I don’t want to just let the hygrozyme and hydroguard go to waste. Wish I seen z9 existed cause I couldn’t find affordable z7 in Canada.

I switched the air pump cause that thing was pumpin hot air out, the pump was hot the valves were warm and the air tubes were warm, the other pump would have been sufficient but I bought a bigger one. Will be useful if I go to buckets but whatever I’ve got a spare. I also tossed the cfls back up. See if they look any perkier tomorrow.

Figured they aren’t going to cause any harm switching as a test.

Yeah I know people like their res temps around 70f bout all I know for dwc lol

Yeah I know people like their res temps around 70f bout all I know for dwc lol

Lol fair enough. I don’t even know much about it, it’s a learning process for me. My res is well within the good range. I believe it’s mid to high 60s.

I swapped to the cfls and smaller air pump and it looks better today. Now I’m not sure which one was the problem so I kept the smaller much quieter air pump hooked up and I turned the cobs back on but higher up. It could have been heat/light stress as I had the thermometer/hygrometer on the top of the tote and it was reading 80f under the lights. Or it could have been the low quality air that the other pump was sending to the res. If it starts getting droopy again, well then I’m going to look into a t5 or t8 ballast and lights for the start of veg.

It was still growing under the cobs even with the droopyness I would just like to eliminate any stress the plants are enduring. I figured it wasn’t going to be an easy grow. I’ve learned quite a bit so far in the way of germing seeds and getting them to pop looking good.

Now I’m on to the next stage of learning, getting them to veg from seedling. One is going good. The other one was a struggle and still is but I remain hopeful.

If dwc is causing issues I may swap to coco for next time just to get a grow under my belt. I still think I can master the dwc just need practice.

Im in coco learning it myself !!

But keep us posted . Wonder if @EastCoastGhost might know a thing here

Ghost you mind checking this dudes stuff out ? Wait that sounded wrong !

Well you know pay it forward my man:passitleft:

Check underneathe see if you pest. Even bring a loupe or magnifying glass to see white spots which is mites

Or could me nothing. Those are very first set really

Check underneathe see if you pest. Even bring a loupe or magnifying glass to see white spots which is mites

Or could me nothing. Those are very first set really

I’m leaning towards a possible calcium issue but I don’t know enough and don’t want to add Andy if not needed. I’ll check it out later. Ph was high this morning so could be a result of that.

Back
Top Bottom