Why is she droopy? Tips are pointed downwards, I want her to be perky

Nutes can stain roots at times.

Oh most certainly they can. I get that entirely. These nutes didn’t until I put hygrozyme in. I should have taken a picture of that water. It was gross looking. Didn’t look like a great place for roots to be swimming. Rotten swamp water is my best description lol

Lol I know I've had sludge before, it's no joke.

It wasn’t slimy or sludgy at all. Just had sediment in the bottom and particles floating. Looked grosser than it was probably. I guess it was the broken down stuff from the hygrozyme working. Just not a fan of the overall look. I’d rather have a clearer water/whiter rootzone. Then Id know if the colour is bad

Residues... This is what can happen with incorrect mixing of nutrient, they are incompatible, mix a&b together and watch..maybe hygrozyme reacts to another chemical, could look at order when each should be diluted and mixed...

Hopefully the hygrozyme was the offender

I’m pretty convinced that it was. The hygrozyme is brown and all the particles were dark brown and the sediment was dark brown.

Residues... This is what can happen with incorrect mixing of nutrient, they are incompatible, mix a&b together and watch..maybe hygrozyme reacts to another chemical, could look at order when each should be diluted and mixed...

Ya I think the hygrozyme was fighting with a nutrient I used. Maybe the verokelp. Something was going on cause my ph was going up an entire point in a days time probably. I kept it out of this res. Just ph checked it and it’s 5.89 with 229ppm. Keeping the ppm a bit lower until my second plant grows a little more.

You can see the root colour isn’t white like I’d like but I’m sure it’s stain and not rot. They smell fine. Like I’d imagine roots should smell.

Attachments

• 7C733934-EBFF-4359-81F9-2ED35E1789A1.jpeg
    7C733934-EBFF-4359-81F9-2ED35E1789A1.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 99182E60-30AD-4231-A105-410B2DDD043C.jpeg
    99182E60-30AD-4231-A105-410B2DDD043C.jpeg
    575.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 64FA53B5-F3E4-4185-A864-78C96DE2A116.jpeg
    64FA53B5-F3E4-4185-A864-78C96DE2A116.jpeg
    519.2 KB · Views: 28
  • C7DDEF0E-7F82-4F4D-BB9F-B305B6D041A5.jpeg
    C7DDEF0E-7F82-4F4D-BB9F-B305B6D041A5.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 38D12D3B-CF7D-4670-9A43-E46C170EF4EA.jpeg
    38D12D3B-CF7D-4670-9A43-E46C170EF4EA.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 28
Yes and no. Depends who's and where you buy them from.. I mainly grow Mr Nice seeds.. mango haze, the same seed packet can cost anywhere from $115 -$250 from a seedbank and I pay between $30-$50 at their auctions..

Yes and no. Depends who's and where you buy them from.. I mainly grow Mr Nice seeds.. mango haze, the same seed packet can cost anywhere from $115 -$250 from a seedbank and I pay between $30-$50 at their auctions..

Local auction or online? Never heard of a seed auction before lol

Ph is jumping like crazy. I’m going to Rez change tomorrow which is way early but this is nuts. Was 5.7 earlier and it’s already at 6.1. I’ll check before I go to bed and lower it to 5.5 and I’ll probably wake up to it at 6.5 lol only thing I did differently was hygrozyme so bye bye to that stuff.

It smells and looks like rum lol. Plus you gotta use 10ml per gallon which is pretty high. I’ll order some z9 tomorrow too I guess. Was waiting to hear back if it’s ok to run z7/z9 with hydroguard
Yes @Chris Scorpio swears by it. Correct Chris ?

I've ran hydroguard and z7 together, worked great

Z7 or z9 are a must for sure, and or hydroguard

All proven products by many here on the forum

Edit
When I started DWC many experts, well I'd say experts, said to run both z7 and hydroguard together.
My Rez temps always where around 80deg or more, never had an issue at all

Ph is still rising without the hygrozyme. Not really sure why. Gonna keep an eye on it today.

So in that chart if my water level is stable and ppm stable but ph is rising it says ph buffers probably raising ph.

What does it mean by ph buffers?

Any other explanation? First res was fine but I didn’t have roots swimming. Now that the roots are swimming it seems to be raising ph. I can obviously keep ph’ing it but that isn’t the proper idea of it. It should be stable. I’m using the grow, micro, calmag and verokelp from Remo and hydroguard with General hydroponics ph up/down

Whats ec doing?

Ppm is still climbing so I know the plants aren’t using as much nutes as water. I can add to that with just ph water no nutes. Ph was 5.9 so it didn’t jump maybe it mellowed out now

Ph was only 5.95 now so I believe my ph problems are done now. Thank god lol

What are your guys thoughts on genetics? You think it’s worth spending big money on seeds? Let’s say the difference between $100 seeds or $50 seeds? Worth twice the price?

I can say in house genetics is worth it for sure I mean I can’t tell you how well they grow. And successful germ rates and all but the quality I had buffalato damn fire

Ph is still rising without the hygrozyme. Not really sure why. Gonna keep an eye on it today.

So in that chart if my water level is stable and ppm stable but ph is rising it says ph buffers probably raising ph.

What does it mean by ph buffers?

Any other explanation? First res was fine but I didn’t have roots swimming. Now that the roots are swimming it seems to be raising ph. I can obviously keep ph’ing it but that isn’t the proper idea of it. It should be stable. I’m using the grow, micro, calmag and verokelp from Remo and hydroguard with General hydroponics ph up/down
Are you ph ing after everything is added ?

Back
Top Bottom