Woohoo! Look what I found

DezmondG

Well we were cleaning up the house and the wife came across this for me :)
I thought for sure we threw these out a loooooong time ago. These seeds are very very old school. I was given these to me from an older gentleman that was mentoring me on knife making. He told me they are from the 70’s. I do believe him as well. Now the question is how should I go about trying to see if they are any good? Old school weed is the best :).
EDE3B50C-3566-42F9-8414-B4DD28314C58.jpeg

I would float a few of them in 5:1 water/h2o2 (3%) overnight. If they still float the next day, even after agitation, they are generally no good. But I bet you get more viable seeds than not!
Ohhhhhh I soooooo hope so. I loved old school weed. Fingers crossed I get some good ones. Maybe a male and female and I will make some more seeds. Or try the CS method and get fem seeds :)

Nice, there's a thread somewhere here of a person germinating some very old seeds. They got some to sprout on their own but ended up using some GA3 to help germinate.

Sounds like you need to do a pheno hunt and look for some keepers. Then followed by some open pollination.

Back
Top Bottom