Xorbex's Pro-Mix Cali OG Kush x Haze 2019

Xorbex

420 Member
This is my very first grow and journal. Some of it will just be little notes in short form but I will attempt to record as much as possible. I am learning as I go and am ok with failure but striving for success.

The tent was tested out with other spices/vegetables and for the first week spent time with the weed plants. As the weed matures it will be all alone.

Some of the pictures are of early setup and things have been tweaked up to today. The grow started on March 19, 2019.

First lets start out with the equipment.
3x Crop King Seeds strain "Cali OG Kush x Haze (Sativa)" aka "CaliH"
48" x 48" x 80" grow tent
2x 1000W cheapo amazon LED lights
4" carbon filtered 193cfm exhaust fan
2x 8' - 4" ducting
Humidifier
Ceramic heater
Digital PH meter
Various Pots
Pro Mix HP
Flora Gro
Flora Bloom
Soil PH/Temp/Moisture meter
Digital RH/Clock/Temp meter
7.0PH Buffer (to calibrate the PH meter)
6" Hurricane Clip on Fan

March 19

Started germination, put 3 seeds of CaliH into a small cup filled with room temperature spring water. Should be ready for plate and paper towel in 14-18hrs

March 20

After 17.5 hrs in the bowl the seeds were poured with the water to a plate with 3 pieces of paper towel folder in half. Then covered by folding in half again, excess water was drained then it was placed into a closet. Checked the paper towel every 6hrs and moistened as needed

March 21

Seeds starting to show signs of life. Looks like all 3 have popped.

March 22

Got a nice little surprise today with the beauty tap roots. Busy day ahead :)
Pro Mix moistened with a mixture of 1gal to 1/4tsp of flora gro. Planted seeds with the taproot down with the top of the seeds 1/4" ish beneath the soil. Pro mix very lightly packed, watered until signs of water leaking out the bottom of the clear party cups. Plants sat in sunlight while I readied the tent. Tent now has a filtered 4" intake and a humidifier was added. Lights were placed 18" away from the tops of the cups.

March 23

Double whammy surprise!!! Back to back days, first the tap roots now the seedlings are sprouting. Only 4 days since the start of the germination process.

Today the maintenance was to completely remove all lights from electronics. Added some wet towels and the 6" clip fan today to combat low RH of 30-35% (turns out to be a bad meter so I purchased another one)

March 24-29

Not a whole lot of action other than general maintenance and logging of temps. Noticed new growth today on CaliH. Looks to be creating a new node. Temps seem to fluctuate between 72-82 and humidity between 48-55. Going to put the humidifier on high and see what happens. Plants are starting to use up all the water and will need to be fed in a day or so. Roots are now showing in the containers.

Hi Xorbex. Congratulations on your first grow. I’ll follow along and help out if I can if that’s ok.I’m not sure that clear cups are a good idea,as roots really don’t like light. it does however make the roots easy to see.

Hi Xorbex. Congratulations on your first grow. I’ll follow along and help out if I can if that’s ok.I’m not sure that clear cups are a good idea,as roots really don’t like light. it does however make the roots easy to see.
That's what I thought but read of people using clear cups with no issues. The rest of the pots are a solid colour. I will gladly take any advice.

So feed every alternate watering?
It probably wouldn’t hurt to hold off a bit, but if you feel you have to, then use minuscule amounts. Many more plants are killed or damaged by overfeeding than not feeding. If you switch to darker cups be sure to put holes in the bottom of them for drainage

So feed every alternate watering?
this is what I do but only after the plant is about 20-30 days old I look for about 5 nodes or dying cotyledons before feeding. and I agree with Old Fart put holes in a darker cup but don't transplant put the clear cup into the dark cup so you can pull it out to look at roots and decide best time to up pot

That looks and sounds perfect you are using from what I read on google a soil-less media so you don't want it getting bone dry just like 92-94% dry. The reason for this is when the roots can not easily find moisture they will go looking for moisture but if it gets to dry then the root hairs don't enjoy it that much so a good wet dry cycle is all you want to do.

just a tip to possibly get more attention, most people don't enjoy looking at blurple pictures it is hard to see the things people like to look at. If you can try to get some white light on your ladies even just for her photoshoot really makes a difference. looking great though :woohoo:

March 30 - April 1

After the fresh drink they had there has been a decent growth spurt in increase of size on the first node leaves. Temps aren't as stable as I would like, heater is set to 79 with temps reaching 84 at times when the heater kicks in, and as low as 72 while waiting to kick in. Humidifier is set to high and needs filling twice daily but it keeps RH between 60 and 70 mainly around 70. So far the fan and humidifier are working fairly well. As temps warm up outside here the heater should not be needed for much longer as I know its messing with the humidity. Fingers crossed!

Will be picking up some cal-mag and possibly PH up and down in the next few days. Any recommendations?

Hi Xorbex. Plants look great. Perhaps with the cal mag it might be good idea to use the same product line as your nutes. I usually like to up pot my seedlings when the leaves get out to the edge of the cups to keep them from getting too root bound.

April 2 - 4 (13 Days in Soil)

I'm starting to feel like mad scientist. The amount of information that I am absorbing is definitely insane to say the least. I can't wait to get a few more grows under my belt.

Ok, now time for the updates:
- Watered today with nute/cal-mag/ph down @ 6.0PH (soil was relatively dry)
- Collected run off and all 3 plants were 6.2PH
- The last cpl days it seems the leaves are developing but very little stem growth. They are also slightly drooping and almost touching the soil. Color looks fantastic and the aroma OMG it's just starting to have a scent and when standing over all 3 it is absolute heaven.
- Lights are @ 16" and no evidence of damage.

} Pics correspond top to bottom

Back
Top Bottom