Your favourite desktop vaporiser?

I found some good discussions by googling reddit threads. There is always the option to get the base model like the stainless 'M' and see what you think, and upgrade to whatever later. There is various wooden style stems but not sure about cleaning those. From what I could work out on the metal ones is that people often mentioned that they were happy on upgrading to a titanium models (Omnivap or Simrell Vortex). You're right about the druggie look of heating it with a torch, that is unfortunate. However induction heaters remove that problem from the equation.
I remain impressed with the quality of the hit and total extraction from such a small chamber which makes it really economical if trying to make your stash last, not a problem for me at the moment and nor do I imagine a concern of your's either.

I stopped buying less advanced models of whatever a long time ago. If I buy something cheap I always end up buying one of the more expensive model as well in the end anyway. So, now I make sure I don't have to buy double again by trying to get a good one to start with.
And you're right, It doesn't really concern me if it's economical to my stash or not since my love for growing makes me grow more than I could possibly consume.

What's your purpose/motivation for that? Still coughing and want to be able to pass it through some hot water in order to humidify the hit, or...?

I'm also considering a bubbler.
I went from smoking loads of joints to vaping and I still cough. It could be the Volcano, or more likely the fact that I vape or smoke all day long. The hot dry air irritates my throat and lungs and I cough a lot. I've heard some vaporisers are better than others with regard to this, and I'd love to find the mildest way for me to inhale my weed. One thing I've noticed is that the removal of tobacco in my joints have made a massive improvement to my coughing. I also use an active carbon filter with all my joints - another massive improvement. And recently I started rolling my joints with the carbon filter AND a paper/carton tip to further cool the smoke - it's awesome!

The hot dry air irritates my throat and lungs and I cough a lot. I've heard some vaporisers are better than others with regard to this, and I'd love to find the mildest way for me to inhale my weed. One thing I've noticed is that the removal of tobacco in my joints have made a massive improvement to my coughing. I also use an active carbon filter with all my joints - another massive improvement. And recently I started rolling my joints with the carbon filter AND a paper/carton tip to further cool the smoke - it's awesome!
Throat irritation from vaping is annoying, it is making me think about a bong/bubbler to soften the vapor.

Best part of the extreme q is squeezing that hash out of the whip

On the Volcano I get some amazing wax when cleaning the mouth piece for the balloon. This stuff is the most potent extract I've seen so far. And the top part of the valve collects some sticky stuff, too, but this is less potent.

Throat irritation from vaping is annoying, it is making me think about a bong/bubbler to soften the vapor.

I've tried sucking my balloons through a normal water bong, and there is an improvement of the smoothness of the vapour. But too much hassle to use the way I used it by just holding the balloon mouthpiece against the bowl of the bong. I only used it a few times, since then I've used the bong for the occasional smoke session to bring tears to my eyes.

OP are you aware they re-released the volcano? I figure maybe not since you'd still be on warranty if you had one. The new one heats up faster and has a whip attachment as well as the traditional valve. Seems like it would be pretty easy to match the whip to the diameter of a water pipe. I think it's a genius improvement since I agree one of the biggest issues is the dry vapor.

I've had my digital for over 10 years now. Worth every penny in my opinion. They made higher quality valves back then though, mine still looks and works like new. The new replacements do feel pretty cheap. I'm a little worried the new volcano will be lower quality than the original but It'll still be my next upgrade if the OG ever dies.

OP are you aware they re-released the volcano? I figure maybe not since you'd still be on warranty if you had one. The new one heats up faster and has a whip attachment as well as the traditional valve. Seems like it would be pretty easy to match the whip to the diameter of a water pipe. I think it's a genius improvement since I agree one of the biggest issues is the dry vapor.

I've had my digital for over 10 years now. Worth every penny in my opinion. They made higher quality valves back then though, mine still looks and works like new. The new replacements do feel pretty cheap. I'm a little worried the new volcano will be lower quality than the original but It'll still be my next upgrade if the OG ever dies.

Yes, I've seen the new release. I was expecting something more different from a new version. Also, the new one is even more expensive than the Digital was. Heating time doesn't worry me much since it's on almost all day, but I wouldn't mind the whip.

I've also been very happy with my Digital but since I now must fork out some cash anyway I figured there must be something better on the market after so many years.

Back
Top Bottom