Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 619ster's First Grow: Pure Royal Kush July 2010

619ster's First Grow: Pure Royal Kush July 2010

Well, after reading many journals and being intrigued with the 420mag community, I have decided to start a journal of my own. Originally was only planning on doing a grow with no journal and just lurk around seeking info. But with all the positive support I have seen on this site, I think a journal will help me get the very best out of my grows as I learn and experiment. I still have much to get in order before I can give full details of my grows as I am still in process of completing my grow room, but nonetheless I started on the grow already and surpassed my expectations and still running strong. I will post pics leading up to what I now have going on and let you all see the progress for yourself. All tips, suggestions, comments and ideas are welcome. More details coming as well as pics.

Re: 619ster's first grow: Pure Royal Kush July 2010

High 619ster!

We are glad you decided to start a journal! Not only is it a lot of fun to be able to show off the fruits of your labor but it also makes asking for help a lot easier when we can see what you have been doing and how the plants are looking! I for one am eager to see what you have going on over there! You have me waiting on the edge of my seat in anticipation for your photos!

Best wishes and good vibes for you and your garden!

Welcome.

The community is what got me. I'm registered to several forums, but I rarely visit the others these days and then only to clean up some posts and replies. I think this is the best learning forum of them all.

I'm looking forward to following your grow.

I was uploading pictures are saw you uploaded some too. So I went hunting for this post since I knew it was your first journal. Glad you got it up going.

Bookmarked.
    My 1st grow (Finished 9/11/10):
    The many adventures of Bag Seed and The Clone Twins.
    2nd thru 4th grow: Trainwreck & Noah's Ark

Thanks all for dropping by. As u can see I'm still in the process of getting everything in order. And I'm still learning posting pics n uploading n all that. But journal is well under way. Peace!

Well here we go! Time for the details of my grow as of now. Like I said it is ever changing, and I'm still in the process of establishing my designated grow space. So details of grow now, will be different in a week or two. The strain I am growing is a Indica dominant hybrid consisting of Pure Kush crossed with Royal Kush. Right now I am using 6 inch net pots with Hydroton as my medium. I used a regular Sterlite tub/tote as the res. Cut holes in the lid myself and placed net pots side by side. Using a dual outlet air pump and two small airstones for aeration. Nutrients being used are General Hydroponics Flora Series (Lucas Formula 0-5-10, will move up to 0-8-16 when I get my new light). Lighting as of now is cfl warm whites 2700K (about 150 watts) since I am now flowering. During veg I was using daylight cfl 6500K (26-100 watts) starting with one bulb and adding more as growth increased. Currently I am expecting my Spectra 180 LED lamp from ------------ as I expect to save energy, and dont want to deal with heat issues. If theres anything I am missing or if theres anything anybody would like to know feel free to ask. Pictures coming!

I grew from seed and did not really expect to make it this far so no seedling pics. Seeds were not feminized. Here is my fresh setup once seedlings vegged for a week n a half or so. I sprouted from rockwool, then just burried it in the hydroton rockwool n all.

As you can see, one of them is a monster compared to the other. IDK why but growth has always exploded from the one nearest the wall. Maybe mother plant characteristics?

And they're off!! I vegged for about 35 days total. all pics are about 3-5 days apart. Pretty nice growth rate for my first try at hydro huh? At least I seem to think

Got a lil tired of watching the other plant outgrow the other so I decided to experiment on the smaller one. My first topping attempt. and a few different shots n angles

And maybe you might notice one of my fan leaves a bit hacked up. Yes, the inevitable happened.... dropped a lamp on my girls. Felt like a numbnuts, but after reading more journals I realized it happens to us all lol

Heres a quick pic of the mainstem. Big as my finger! Picture is from about a week ago

More pics in no particular order, all these are about a week before I began 12/12

Actually top n bottom pic are a bit older, n the two middle ones are more recent. Reffering to pics above

And here is the most recent pics of my emerging forest. Foliage getting dense. 12/12 lighting is now underway. Can't wait to see flowers! I'll be dumbfounded if any turn out to be males. But everything about em screams females!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast