Design Phase

Snoop429

Hello,

I'm just getting everything planed out for my first indoor grow and looking for a few pointers.

SOIL GROW

Strain -indica or hybrid (something around 3')
# of Plants - start with 10 fem seeds
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage -
Bucket Size -
Lights - will probably go with the Mars 11 900w
Nutrients - General Organics
Medium -
PPM -
PH -
RH -
Room Temperature -
Solution Temperature -
Room Square Footage - 4x3x5
Pests - None Known

1.The room will be set up under the stairs to the basement. It will be inside a storage room thats already there. I just need to put a couple walls up for the sides. I was going to line everything with vapor barrier to help keep moisture in that area then cover it with Mylar for a shine.

2. I was thinking of using a tarp zipper for the door or getting some Velcro to keep the grow door closed and sealed. the storage room isnt 100% dark with the doors closed at this point but I cant see my hand in front of my face so not to bad.

3. Ventilation, The room is currently 16c (I guess i should be using Fahrenheit? 61f) it moves a little between 61 and 64.5. I was going to use a 4" Charcoal filter with a control switch to vent out (60 cubic feet). Originally was going to vent it into the storage room but im concerned it could eventually cause problems in the grow room with the air just getting drawn back in. Might cut a hole in the wall and add a small furnace vent near the floor to send it into the basement. Im not sure if i need to add a cold air intake (also 4") or if enough air would naturally be sucked in?

4. I was going to use soil. I tried using a soil-less mix on some of my outdoor plants this year (tomatoes, hot peppers) but had better results in the soil. Could have easily been i wasn't using nutrients often enough. Figure stick with what I know and can try other ways later. I have looked at a few mixes on here but open to suggestions on a recipe.

5. Lighting- as much as i would like to have the best LED that's out there I just really need one that will produce well and is big enough for my space. I figure the Mars 11 900W should do fine for now and let me learn a few things before I spend the big dollars. I dreamed about the Dominator 2 last night. My gut says yes but the wallet says no.

I think that's it for now. I feel like im on the right track and just need to get started. Im out of town for a bit so it will have wait a bit longer. Any comments are appreciated.

Peace :peace:

I know im a day late but lots of love for any Vets out there Canadian or American

Most likely u need a cold air intake, it needs to be 33% larger than outlet/.
DEF o nthe Charcoal filter. pipe it into a chimney or run a pipe up somewhere above teh roof line by 4 feet.
that will blow all the smells up high & dilute + disperse it all over for blocks around.
Slag

you will need 3 separate areas . one for seedlings, growth and flowering. in that tight area. you might get 4-5 plants. what i suggest is this. have one area blocked off for seedlings this will be high humidity area. SECOND AREA. growth stage no more than 40% \H and flowering stage would be around 60% . that way you can move one to another spot and keep moving as they grow. steady flow. is key. and that is not alot area when you do that. why i say 4-5 plants. min. plus do it right. and you gain more than you think.

i have one area. but i do this. i have one plant now on 12/12, and 3 in the same tent. 1 just got into mature and 2 seedlings. when that one is into flowering which want be long . ill take the lights to 10 hrs. to premote flowering while other adult plant is still flowering also. that keep 2 adult plants going same time one 3-4 weeks behind other one the seedlings will have to go out of it to another area till i get adult leaves. so far its doing fine. no problems at all. by time the big plant gets to harvest i will still have min 10 hrs on the other one. but oh forgot one thing. i take mine out and put into darkness for 24-36 hours before each stage. that tells the plant. Hey light is not there. i must flower now. so you can do what you want just do it smartly. think plants. it works well. all they want do is grow. you have to provide them with tools only.

one bad catch. adding more plants. u got have another spot. 3 total. one can be small. but you got have that growth and flowering area. dont do like me scratch and claw to make room. so make the room now. you will be glad you did.

Thanks for the tips.

I haven't picked up any seeds yet. Stopped in a store up the Street that had a decent selection. Will grab something that wont grow to large and rated for beginners.

I do have more space in the same area. Adding a spot for Seedlings and growth wont to be too difficult. I was thinking that would be smart way to set things up but will cost a bit more to get everything rolling.

I think the biggest issue with the space is where to run the exhaust without there being tubing hanging from the ceiling. I'll need to double check but I feel that i don't have a chimney on the roof and my furnace out take is blowing into the back yard 2-3' off the ground. The dryer vent could be an option but then im dealing with the meter man smelling it. But because Im using a charcoal filter and its a relatively small area would there still be an odor?

Change of plans.

-I decided to go with a 4x4x6.5 (104cf) tent. This will give a more space and cost wise is similar to adding Mylar and plywood to storage area. I still my use this space for a vedg room but time will tell.

-My light is on the way (Mars2 900w)

-Planing on a 6" inline fan (482cfm) w/carbon filter for getting the air out and a 6" for intake (250cfm) (not sure what you call them but very basic looks like a piece of pipe with a fan in the middle) Both of these will be hooked up to a control so a can turn them down. I'v seen in some of the journals that they have another fan to blow air over and under the light and another down low for air flow. That seems to make sense but i do have a few questions.

In order to create a negative pressure does the intake or outlet need to be moving more air? Slag says 33% increase on the intake but Iv also read someone using a 6" on the outlet and only a 4" on the intake. Im under the impression that these fans will run 24h/day.

Im guessing what I will do is run the outtake around 25% this would clear the room every minute and then adjust the intake so the tent pulls the walls in a little but creating the negative pressure. Does this sound correct?

Are the 6" overkill? i figure its better to have more then not enough

Originally I was going to buy 4" fans but upgrading to 6" will only cost about $75 more including the bigger filter. I'll be getting my tent and fans locally some time this week.

Thanks

I believe with a 4x4x6.5 (104cf) tent you will have space for 4-5 3-5 gallon size pots and saucers in your grow tent. To run negative pressure in your tent a passive air intake, a 6" inline exhaust fan and carbon filter is all that is required. You want the size of your intake air ventilation to be at least 33% greater size then the active exhaust system ducting if possible when constructing a grow area. A plastic flap can be taped over any stick on tarp zippers to prevent light leaks. I do not recommend placing plants into darkness when transitioning to flower, The only plant I gave a 48 hour darkness period before flower changed to a male cannabis plant. You want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% for flowering. You want a minimum of 5x air exchange per hours in your grow area. You will also require a circulation fan for your grow area.

(Click on the photograph for a direct link to the product)

I am using a Titan Controls Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller in my grow areas to regulate the temperature. I have the daytime temperature set at 80° Fahrenheit and nighttime at the minimum setting to allow proper air circulation.

Titan Controls® Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller - Perfect Gardens

KingJohnC's Green Sun LED Lights Znet4 Aeroponic Indoor Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Here is a Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer that is in use in several of my Grow Journal and Reviews

https://sunlightsupply.com Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer

The Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer can control a fan, either a humidifier or dehumidifier and control CO2.

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae and bacteria for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

https://www.hydro-organics.com earth juice rooters mycorrhizae

Pro-Mix HP has 1 species of mycorrhizae added, I add 10 others species of mycorrhizae and more of the strain already contained in Pro-Mix HP. When I transplant my plants to larger size pots I use 1 teaspoon per 1 gallon size pot and 2-3 teaspoons per 3 gallon size pot of additional mycorrhizae granules.

Here are some New Member start links for you to familiarize yourself with that may help you

New Member Start Links

Frequently Asked Questions

Website Help & Feedback

Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

420 Guidelines FAQ's

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

The Basics Of Plant Lighting

Finished Plants 100% LED Grown

420 Product Reviews

How To Add Links To Signatures

420 Magazine ® FAQ

What is reputation?
Setting and Profile Features

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

What Reflective Materials Can I Use For My Grow Room?

Guide To Identifying Your Pests

How can I transplant my plant into a bigger pot?

Nutes: What To Use & How To Use Them Tutorial

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Here are links to my current Grow Journal and Reviews

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Green Sun LED Lights Znet4 Aeroponic Indoor Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

Back
Top Bottom