First Grow - Auto-Flowering Dominant Sativa - Indoor LED

Lunazul

Hi all!!

I'm a newbie grower, currently growing my first plant, she is a Grass-O-Matic Haze GOM Autoflowering Feminised, the genetics are: SSHaze (MR.NICE) x Lowryder # 2.

I am growing it in a closet with 2 led bulbs special for plant growing... I germinated the seeds and planted it on October 30, which makes her 8 weeks old and in her 3rd week of flowering... It seems to be growing quite well got very tall and has lots of white hairs, I have kept a 24 hour light cycle.

I started out with 2 seedlings but one just stopped growing while the other one thrived so I kept that one.

Here are some pictures:

Germination
image16860.jpg

2 days after planting it (November 1):
image16861.jpg

November 10 (1 weeks and a half after germination):
image16859.jpg

November 18:
image16862.jpg

November 27:
image16863.jpg

December 3 (preflowering started):
image16864.jpg

December 11 flowering second week:
image16858.jpg

December 26 flowering 3 and a half weeks:
image16867.jpg
image16866.jpg
image16865.jpg

As you can see its frosting up a bit but I would LOVE input from more experienced growers since I have absolutely no experience and this is my first try!

Thank you all and hope you are having some great holidays!! ;)

looking good...what kind of LED are you using?

Hi thank you so much!! I'm using 2 lights: 6w 90-250V Parus brand.

Specs are:

E27(Bulb type) – 6W
Base type: E27
LED: 1W x 5, Hi-Power PG LED
Power consumption: 6.2 Watt
Input voltage: AC100~245V, 50/60Hz
LED Wavelength: Blue(430nm),White(470nm), Red(660nm)
3 color combination(BBWRR, BBWWW, WWWRR, RRRBB, BBBRR…)
Life time: Over 50,000 Hr
Light angle: 45 °

Just as general information I have used almost no nutes in the flowering phase cause I saw some bad reaction to them in the leaves so I have been flushing with only water... I wonder how my lady is looking for her age? Any ideas or messages will be very appreciated!!

Hard to say anything, such a big plant with 2 x6W LED is unbelievable.

Most Autos finish about 8-10weeks so she is behind schedule, for the lack of light I guess.

Nutes is try and error, always start with max 1/2 strengths and Autos often need less in general.
Yours could also use less to no nutes because of week lights.

So start with 1/4 nutes and see how she reacts, let her go as long as possible to see some buds.

I also recommend some better LED lights like Mars Reflector 48x3 / 96x3 or 100x3W you can find them in the sponsor area.
These are some descent light for a fair price, don't buy cheaper than that its just waste of money.

Hard to say anything, such a big plant with 2 x6W LED is unbelievable.

Most Autos finish about 8-10weeks so she is behind schedule, for the lack of light I guess.

Nutes is try and error, always start with max 1/2 strengths and Autos often need less in general.
Yours could also use less to no nutes because of week lights.

So start with 1/4 nutes and see how she reacts, let her go as long as possible to see some buds.

I also recommend some better LED lights like Mars Reflector 48x3 / 96x3 or 100x3W you can find them in the sponsor area.
These are some descent light for a fair price, don't buy cheaper than that its just waste of money.

Thank you so much for your answer i suspected there was something wrong cause I did feel it was lagging behind, I live in a small town where it is very difficult to get proper lights like the ones you pointed out, do you think if I combine the 2 led lights I already have with a fluorescent tube that would be enough?

Again thank you so much and I will also start giving some nutes little by little and report back...

These lights you can order and they send you via DHL, FedEx ....

I have no experience with Tubes other than for veg but I think it works but better look for some CFL with Flower spectrum or take 4-5 more of that you have.

These lights you can order and they send you via DHL, FedEx ....

I have no experience with Tubes other than for veg but I think it works but better look for some CFL with Flower spectrum or take 4-5 more of that you have.

Thank you so much I will definitely order the led kit, but since I want my little lady to thrive and delivery might take a while I'll run out tomorrow and get some warm light cfl's.... I have no idea how she grew so tall with such little light but I'm glad she did and I truly hope I'm still in time to save the crop!

I'll keep you posted and again thank you!!! :D

I'm with him looks pretty outstanding for only 2 lights. And @darkgrow, considering purchasing the Mars II 400w. Have you used it? If so how does it do

I have a Reflector 48x3 and some cheap 100x3.
Still like the Reflector but the cheap 100x3 was more a waste of money.

I never had a Mars II, I was just before buy one 400 or 700 but then I decide to go more serious and bought a Platinum 450.
And I love it, if you have to look at every $ Mars is good but Platinum gets more Light / PAR out of every watts it uses and is cooler.

If you want to do it for longer the Platinum gives better results and pay for it self with the savings on the power bill.
Power is very expensive where I live and I plan for 3/4 lights.

I saw many journals with Mars II witch has good results but also many step up to Platinum recently and not one regret it.
Platinum is the cheapest of the top league LED, it is not to much more and a P 300 witch have the same real watts like a Mars II 400.
Gives out easy 2x PAR witch is the useable light plants can see.
And you get a 5% discount if you are a 420 member, plenty Platinum journal's here and most had a Mars before.

Cool cool hey lunazul where did you get your lights? Tried looking em up and found nothin; I think I'm pretty set on getting the marsII but im still curious as to where you got your 2 led lights

Hey Smithy!! I live up in Scandinavia so it's super hard to find good lamps and I just went to the plant store and bought growth lamps I think it's a Swedish brand but I mean I'm just realizing that they are quite crappy since the wattage is super low and I have no idea how my plant grew as much with so little light.

Probably the fact that I had a 24 hour schedule and white walls on it helped a bit but I just ordered the Mars reflector 48x3 and have just set up 4 11watt/600lumen cfls to help her out until I get the led panel, I think it's worth investing in better lights cause although my plant is looking pretty it's also going super slow :p.

Hope this helped!! I'll be uploading some pics of the updated setup in a few! :)

UPDATE!

I have ordered now the Mars reflector 48x3 and can't wait to get it but in the meantime, I went to the hardware store and bought 4 more fixtures with 4 warm light cfls they are 11 watts/600 lumen each and spread them out so all the flowers (which are many more than I had really noticed) could get some light. I also put some aluminum foil on the closet doors and got a small fan to keep air circulating and humidity down... I live in a super cold place so she has a little heater to keep her warm and happy as well.

I have kept a cycle of 24 hour lights but after reading a bit I see that most plants react better to some darkness so I will try switching to an 18/6 light cycle....

I would appreciate any comments!!!! In fact encourage them! ;)

Some pics:

image16881.jpg
image16882.jpg

Thank you all!

That will help and looks much better.

And that is a great set up and the 48 x 3 fits perfect in there.
18/6 is also better, the good thing is if they are behind schedule they just take longer to finish.

The Reflector has 2 switches with Veg and Bloom on/off in veg just use Veg it takes 60W and the more blue spectrum helps with get tighter nodespaching .
On normal plants use just veg until 5-7 day before switch to 12/12 on Autos the first 2 weeks.
Then put both on veg + bloom it takes about 90W on full spectrum you can still us your other light like you do now.

Have a look if/ where you can get some Cal-Mag many plants need some under LED

That will help and looks much better.

And that is a great set up and the 48 x 3 fits perfect in there.
18/6 is also better, the good thing is if they are behind schedule they just take longer to finish.

The Reflector has 2 switches with Veg and Bloom on/off in veg just use Veg it takes 60W and the more blue spectrum helps with get tighter nodespaching .
On normal plants use just veg until 5-7 day before switch to 12/12 on Autos the first 2 weeks.
Then put both on veg + bloom it takes about 90W on full spectrum you can still us your other light like you do now.

Have a look if/ where you can get some Cal-Mag many plants need some under LED

I really can't thank you enough! I can't wait to get my new led lights! I realize now I was making a huge mistake with my lights, I hope she will do much better and as soon as I get my new led light I will update as well! I hope to start germinating a new seed when this one is about to be done, but I wanna have only one at a time cause I have a small space. I will look into getting cal/mag supplements here or ordering them online.:)

I will update with pictures and I hope the buds start fattening up a bit. :)

You can try as hard as you want you have to do some mistakes.
I had 5 Autos with my first run and just a 48x3, should have chop 3 but tried all 5 so I got nearly nothing out at the end.
Second was much better.

Don't expect to much out of this, I would just pop an other on right now and put it in there.
So you don't waste to much time and as long they are little you can grow this one out.
That thing there will be 5-10g dry max.

Hello again!!!

I had to pay extra 25 dollars for my Mars reflector (living so far makes it mega expensive to ship things to me) but tomorrow it will be sent and I'm quite excited about it!!

I have now switched the light cycle to 18/6 and with the extra light, I think she is happier I have also started with a bit of nutes I'm using a fertilizer high in phosphorus and using half the dosage indicated.

Picture time!

image16953.jpg

Seems that its coming along better!! But I'm still concerned that although the top ones are looking better some of the bottom ones are quite airy and don't seem to be putting up weight... Is this normal can you harvest different flowers at different times or will this ones be lost?

image16954.jpg

Thank you for your answers!!!!

Back
Top Bottom