Stinky!

NCDude

Say, what is the connection between the smell of budding weed and it's potency? Sometimes I'll grow something different now and then, but I've been growing the same strain for a few years. I don't know it's name, someone gave me some clones a while back, and I've been growing it since. For a couple of years it was real STINKY! But lately, is not.

I wonder if it looses it's punch after a few generations?

NCDude, Hi! That's a really interesting question. Any plant that is cloned looses it's "hybrid vigor" with the first generation clone. If you are cloning from the same mother, you should have the exact same weed as previously from that mother. But each time you clone the clone.... it's my opinion that it gets weaker with each go. So.. is it true that a clone is an exact copy of the mother? I think the answer is NO because you no longer have that hybrid vigor. Whether or not the actual potency of the smoke is decreased over generations.... let us know when you get your smoke goin'! :) If smell does equal potency, I can't wait for the stuff that's stinkin' up my whole house to finish... and it's not even in flower yet! lol :peace:

I second that and I'll say even more, there's no direct correlation between trichomes production or bud size and potency!

My girls dont exactly give off a tremdous odor, but once touched ur left with stink fingers !! As long as my bud is solid and trichs a plenty, im usually getting a good smoke.. I have had same strains grown but each had different high. Some left an after taste n stayed around for while, other was smooth but nice heavy high. I changed nutes n soil so maybe that helped it reach an ok smoke..
Hope all grows well.. Smokemup

I have read quite a few studies that suggest that the terpenes that affect fragrance can be responsible for the character profile of the medicinal affect of the t.h.c. certain terpenes can balance out the negative affects of the t.h.c. If I can find the article, I will post it here.

Back
Top Bottom