Is there a way to increase potency?

The stem splitting, temp manipulation, extended dark period, etc... all these techniques are like @multiVortex said, ‘sprinkles on top.’ ...and that’s at best. At worst, they could potentially be a detriment to a plant in a less than idea environment.

Actually, I wasn't referring to any of those methods. I use a few other bumps that knock it up several percentage points in the long run. Not only on buds, but the sugar leaves as well. Better trim isn't a bad thing what so ever. ;)

Actually, I wasn't referring to any of those methods. I use a few other bumps that knock it up several percentage points in the long run. Not only on buds, but the sugar leaves as well. Better trim isn't a bad thing what so ever. ;)

What methods were you referring to? That’s alright through, the message remains the same. Healthy plants will always be the most potent.

What methods were you referring to? That’s alright through, the message remains the same. Healthy plants will always be the most potent.

Correct. Healthy plants have to come first.

I wasn't going to get into it, as this thread really should be targeted more towards healthy plants first. However, one is terpene boosters (mentioned already, and I use it all the way through.) I've used Terpinator recently (bud candy before that) and I have seen a difference in the long run. I understand some haven't, but it's worked for me. I may go back to the bud candy, but maybe not. I'll have to see when the time comes to restock.

Another method I use is UVB in the last 3 or 4 weeks of flowering. The big picture is basically the plant uses thc like we would use sunscreen. More trichs, thc, etc.

Correct. Healthy plants have to come first.

I wasn't going to get into it, as this thread really should be targeted more towards healthy plants first. However, one is terpene boosters (mentioned already, and I use it all the way through.) I've used Terpinator recently (bud candy before that) and I have seen a difference in the long run. I understand some haven't, but it's worked for me. I may go back to the bud candy, but maybe not. I'll have to see when the time comes to restock.

Another method I use is UVB in the last 3 or 4 weeks of flowering. The big picture is basically the plant uses thc like we would use sunscreen. More trichs, thc, etc.
some use just the "blue" spectrum the last 3-4 days before harvest to improve trichomes. ect , believe a company called LUMIGROW (Professional LED) has adjustable light spectrums red= flower, ect use Bud Candy with good results Advnced Nutrients is a good line have use Bud Blood and Bud Ignitor and Big Bud hadearly bud site development using these + bud size - Advanced now makes a organic big bud also 3 part "PH" perfect is good

some use just the "blue" spectrum the last 3-4 days before harvest to improve trichomes. ect , believe a company called LUMIGROW (Professional LED) has adjustable light spectrums red= flower, ect use Bud Candy with good results Advnced Nutrients is a good line have use Bud Blood and Bud Ignitor and Big Bud hadearly bud site development using these + bud size - Advanced now makes a organic big bud also 3 part "PH" perfect is good

I'm kinda so so on AN stuff, honestly. Some of their products aren't bad, some are just kinda meh. Kind of like some of their "information" articles. Some good, some meh, some are bullshit and just to drive you to their products.

Their pH "perfect" stuff isn't all that, either. I've had a pH with it well into the mid 7's, and mixed up just like they say to. Not necessarily just the base nutes, but some of the additives that are supposed to be compatible... yeah, not so much.

Jeebus.
I doubt I spend maybe $25

That's about what it's costs me for my RDWC. My other two setups are significantly less than that at $10 and $2.50 respectively. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

How do you distinguish between the positive effects of each if you use them both together?

Each on their own? Good question. I have yet to run just the UVB on it’s own. But I have seen a difference between without it, and with it on. Not a drastic difference, but enough that it’s worth the 24w per strip to run.

Of course I don’t have access to labs at will or super stringent scientific methods with supporting theories and test tubes, but I do the best with what I got. ;)

Each on their own? Good question. I have yet to run just the UVB on it’s own. But I have seen a difference between without it, and with it on. Not a drastic difference, but enough that it’s worth the 24w per strip to run.

Of course I don’t have access to labs at will or super stringent scientific methods with supporting theories and test tubes, but I do the best with what I got. ;)
I meant how can you tell what benefit is from the UVB and what is from the supplements if you run them at the same time? I've read growers who tout the benefits of Bud Explosion or Sweet Candy, but then they're also are running new lights and added CO2. No way to know where the benefits come from which makes it difficult to recommend one to other growers.

If you pay this kind of money for seeds, it is expected that you know what you are doing. If there was a definite problem with the seeds, you would be able to communicate that to them, and I am sure there would be no problem with getting you satisfied. I have not had any problem with high end seeds. I can't provide links because that would not be fair to our sponsors, but i bet if you searched you could find the seed bank that I am looking at for Black Congolese seeds. A 10 pack of regulars will cost me $160. The product will be amazing. Another one I want from them, landrace strains of course, is Vietnamese Laughing Grass.... 5 regular seeds for $140. You do have to pay for top shelf...
You can get top shelf without getting robbed tho. Or should be able to.

You can get top shelf without getting robbed tho. Or should be able to.
point me to where, (without providing links) because I am always looking. Frankly though, If I have to pay $160 for 10 high quality seeds that I know are going to produce and that I am going to be able to breed to produce more seeds, I don't really feel ripped off. When buying Feminized seeds, I do feel a little taken advantage of sometimes... got to admit.

point me to where, (without providing links) because I am always looking. Frankly though, If I have to pay $160 for 10 high quality seeds that I know are going to produce and that I am going to be able to breed to produce more seeds, I don't really feel ripped off. When buying Feminized seeds, I do feel a little taken advantage of sometimes... got to admit.
160 for 10 is a lot better than these people talking 55 for one. Thats insane.

Can you please have a look at my thread in plant pics? I wanted to ask your opinion on the pics posted there. Thanks!

I meant how can you tell what benefit is from the UVB and what is from the supplements if you run them at the same time? I've read growers who tout the benefits of Bud Explosion or Sweet Candy, but then they're also are running new lights and added CO2. No way to know where the benefits come from which makes it difficult to recommend one to other growers.
I’m trying to test that right now. My last Tan. Dream plant (harvested late March) was fed with MC only, and I flushed it. It Was nice to look at but the smoke was honestly just ok. This TD I’m currently growing is under the same lights but also gets a full dose of Sweet Candy, terpinator, no flushing, and will see 3 days of drought at the end. Also tried backbuilding, and Quadlined this one as opposed to the previous grow. After seeing the benefits of NOT flushing, I will never do the meaningless end of life bro science flush again. Will be interesting to test the results in the coming weeks.

Ohhhhhhh.

The supplements get the kick going early for more/denser trichs, oil production enhancement for terps, etc. more foundation/building block kinda stuff.

UV at the end brings out just a little bit more at the end. Kind of lime a finishing product.

I know what they're supposed to be for. I don't think you understand what I'm saying so I'll leave it alone.

How do I know which product is doing what, or anything?

I’ve run without, with a supplement, and with a supplement and uv. That’s all I got to compare with.

With the supplement I could see a difference in the amount of frost.

With UVB exposure, I saw a slight potency increase in the exposed flower as compared to a non-exposed flower. (Two different Blue Dream tops.)

The UVB is a recent addition, and this is only my 4th run with it. It does seem to work though. Again, it’s not going to turn chicken shit into chicken salad, but it seems to take pretty good chicken salad up a notch.

Back
Top Bottom