Is there a way to increase potency?

I'm kinda so so on AN stuff, honestly. Some of their products aren't bad, some are just kinda meh. Kind of like some of their "information" articles. Some good, some meh, some are bullshit and just to drive you to their products.

Their pH "perfect" stuff isn't all that, either. I've had a pH with it well into the mid 7's, and mixed up just like they say to. Not necessarily just the base nutes, but some of the additives that are supposed to be compatible... yeah, not so much.
used then (AD) some years ago - if I was to use just one now it would be their organic bid bud

How do I know which product is doing what, or anything?

I’ve run without, with a supplement, and with a supplement and uv. That’s all I got to compare with.

With the supplement I could see a difference in the amount of frost.

With UVB exposure, I saw a slight potency increase in the exposed flower as compared to a non-exposed flower. (Two different Blue Dream tops.)

The UVB is a recent addition, and this is only my 4th run with it. It does seem to work though. Again, it’s not going to turn chicken shit into chicken salad, but it seems to take pretty good chicken salad up a notch.
Do you run UV the last 2 weeks of flower ? or all thru flower ?

Do you run UV the last 2 weeks of flower ? or all thru flower ?

I start using it with about 3 weeks to go. Sometimes plants go a tick longer than you think, so on occasion they may get 4 weeks worth. I run it for an hour, 3x/day.

High All, I've been growing a few years now & I have never asked or heard anyone else make mention of how to increase potency. So I'm wondering if there are any additives that help do this or if it's all strain dependent ? I just haven't been totally satisfied with the potency of the weed I grow. I've grown Barney's Farm, Original Sensible Seeds, Sweet Seeds, Dutch Passion & several others; but pretty much the same results. I usually only buy Indica or Hybrid (Indica Dominant) seeds with over 20% THC. Any suggestions on how to get more potent weed ?
Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds has the most potent genetics I've grown. Last season I grew their Northern Lights xtreme! Holy shit the potency was beautiful! I've also grown other companies with good enough results but for MY money its AMS!

So far my lights have been 2 - 900's, 2 - Mars Hydro TSW 2000's & 2 - Meizhi 600 watt LED's. This grow is with the Next light Mega. So I've had pretty good lighting.
Nutrients I started with were GH (a line up of about 10 products). Then went to Advanced Nutrients & had a line up of about 8 products. Now I've been using Mega Crop v. 3 by itself. The 1st 2 brands are good. Mega Crop gave me my biggest yield but weakest smoke.
Temps, well my very 1st grow I tried a 600 watt HID in a 2' x 4' tent the 1st 6 weeks & temps hit mid 90's so switched to LED's. That was the best weed I ever grew. Fire OG & you could get high 3 times on 1 joint. Since then temps were always 77 - 81 F which isn't all that bad.
RH I usually keep between 55% - 70% during Veg & 35% - 50% during Flower.
This all seems to be very reasonable growing conditions. Not perfect but pretty darn good.
I use a Mic. at Harvest & I wait till 50% Amber or more.
So I'm puzzled why this weed isn't potent. Not sure if it's because I usually stick to the more traditional strains like N.L., OG Kush, Afghan Kush, Gorilla Glue, etc.
I want to buy F1 seeds but nobody seems to say if the seeds are F1, F2, etc.
I'm considering trying Gorilla Seeds .... but not sure the high price means better quality or not. The seeds I'm looking at are $30 - $51 for 1 seed. Every seed I've bought to date ran $8 - $12 ea.
So I'm Leary I'll just be paying more for the same thing. At $51 a seed a joint should put me to sleep twice. I just want to find the most potent Indica Strain available & try growing that.
Anyone know which strain that is ?
Sorry to ramble .... but figured I'd throw out more details.
Ethos genetics is another HOMERUN. they label all the strains on the site for example F1 bx2 n all that jazz

Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds has the most potent genetics I've grown. Last season I grew their Northern Lights xtreme! Holy shit the potency was beautiful! I've also grown other companies with good enough results but for MY money its AMS!
Well that is interesting to hear your opinion. Here in NZ it is a bugger getting seed orders thru successfully. The last 3 years I have grown AMS White Widow XTRM and which may have been a pack of regular instead of feminized as we got some males from it which I used to make more seeds. Last year I used the pollen from a male WWX on an AMS Gorgonzola which has turned out to be my favorite daytime number. Aside from growing an 420 Gorilla Glue Auto I have had no other known bud to compare the AMS to, no idea how it compares with others. I'd love to hear any other experiences on strains from particular breeders that scored really highly in their opinion.

Well that is interesting to hear your opinion. Here in NZ it is a bugger getting seed orders thru successfully. The last 3 years I have grown AMS White Widow XTRM and which may have been a pack of regular instead of feminized as we got some males from it which I used to make more seeds. Last year I used the pollen from a male WWX on an AMS Gorgonzola which has turned out to be my favorite daytime number. Aside from growing an 420 Gorilla Glue Auto I have had no other known bud to compare the AMS to, no idea how it compares with others. I'd love to hear any other experiences on strains from particular breeders that scored really highly in their opinion.
I was very pleased! Super high Thc % 25%-30% I only buy from the ones I've mentioned. Ethos AMS, Dr. SEEDS,. I've grown AMS Durban Pousion with very good results

I've been trying to find a seed bank that did the F1, F2, thing. Thanks !!!

Running Memberberry R2 (Grapefrut pheno) (Skunkberry x Mandatin sunset) by Ethros also Sugar Cane (Platium x Slurricane) have run sugarcane before and I never have seen trichomes cover the whole plant even fan leave the tricome coverage is so much that the buds look like it snowed this sstain is excellent (large yields) and if you are into extraction this plant is a must by In House Genetics

The Nugsmasher mini looks like a great product for personal rosin production I am looking into this personally.
It is a bit of pisser with a name like 'Nugsmasher' for importing into NZ, it's not exactly discrete,:cough: but getting a press is seriously interesting though!

I've been trying to find a seed bank that did the F1, F2, thing. Thanks !!!
ru
check out these banks " D,C. Seed Exchange - Attitude seed (attitude has about 200 breeders) for a list of 1,000 breeders check out Seedfinders.eu ( always use them before i get strains) they have about 18,000 different strains listed - Happy hunting.

Time to start smashing nugs and making concentrates, I’d say.

I really only mess with concentrates nowadays, not much for smoking flower. When I go to the dispensary (ya I know but I’m still going through my first run in 10 years so no home grown yet to smash) I won’t look at concentrates under the 70% combined THC range, I mostly try to stick around the 80% range. I did end up buying a Tree of Life vape cartridge in CO last fall on my way through, like 92 or 95%, friggen ridiculous. I would wake up 4 hours later after a few too many hits.

I know you were probably talking about increasing THC during growing but making concentrates might be the quicker/easier way of doing it if you are looking to get up in the high THC range. I’m not sure how high of a THC level you are looking for but you’ll definitely notice going from 20% to 80% THC vs 20% to 25% or so.
Just can't get the buzz from the vape, was buying some 95% chit, but really find a better effect grinding some 25% to 30% THC flower and bake it into some brownies. I get nothing from store bought eatables, I think they use shake or scraps.

Back
Top Bottom