Two Girls - One Bucket

Weston

Hey,

So I planted a couple Northern Lights Autos about a week ago. I thought the seeds were bad because they hadn't broke soil in around 4 days. So I decided to have a poke around. I found a seedling just sat sideways in the soil about 2cm under. It had no seed and no root. Was just sort of tiny and curled up. Cotyledon leaves and a nub of a root. I left it where I found it but was not expecting it to survive... so I threw another NL seed into that same bucket.

About 3 days after throwing the second seed in, I now have two NL seedlings sprouted within around 2cm from one another. Immediate search results on the matter were mostly negative. They would be root bound and fight for nutrients/water etc. But also other information claiming two or more plants can thrive in the same pot. Some going as far as to claim they would help each other and share nutrients.

Essentially, two NL Autos sprouted within 2cm of each other in a single 12ltr fabric pot. They are around 2-3 days old at this point. No fan leaves. What should I do? I basically just want to hear some opinions on what the best course of action is...

I also have a second 12ltr pot that may or may not contain a viable seedling. I could try and move one of the duo to this pot. Though I've no idea where their roots are at this point. And It's entirely possible I may end up with another dual plant pot if the original seedling is still on it's way to the top.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers.

You won't be able to separate them. Up-pot them to a double-sized pot when they get rootbound. That will give each one room to spread its roots. It's OK if they are close together.

You didn't say if they were fems, tho, so watch out for one of them growing balls and trying to do the deed with the other one. :rofl:

Hey,

They are feminized lol (hopefully). One of the two has shot up and is doing well but the other is tiny and pretty much at soil level. I'll just let them do their thing for now. Will possibly re-pot them at some point. Will require a lot of intervention most likely to ensure they both continue to get equal light. Don't mind one being a dwarf though it's all a bonus anyway.

DSC0018814.JPG
DSC0020118.JPG

Disagree AK.

At this stage the "roots" are about the size of the plant above ground. So, easy to separate.

Get a big spoon, and move one of them. Do it now.

When I start seeds, I usually put three of them in one small pot, and move them as and if they sprout. It's not too late with these girls, yet.

~ Auggie ~

Either move 'em immediately, or just grow them out together.

Major PITA, you definitely know how to leave a man without options...

A sentence worth of a finest oracle :)

:rofl: thank you you made me smile again :) :circle-of-love:

We threw a bag seed in a solo cup.. little and almost white.. didn't think it was going to sprout.. but ..what the heck... have the soil.. so we figured... lets see..
anyways it sprouted and within less than 48 hrs 4cm and healthy thick stem.. it got re potted the next day and is growing just fine :love:

Disagree AK.

At this stage the "roots" are about the size of the plant above ground. So, easy to separate.

Get a big spoon, and move one of them. Do it now.

When I start seeds, I usually put three of them in one small pot, and move them as and if they sprout. It's not too late with these girls, yet.

~ Auggie ~

Exactly what Auggie said ...

Keith

I don't like the idea of uprooting one of them at this point. Auto's are supposed to shoot a root straight to the bottom of the pot. Pretty sure I'd kill it. Think I'll just leave em to it and work with them as best I can.

I also only have a two pot stealth grow going at the moment. And the other pot has a EasyBud (White Indica x Ruderalis) in it.

DSC0021116.JPG
DSC0021014.JPG
DSC0021414.JPG

Back
Top Bottom