Noob that needs help?

noobthatnever

So I'm growing in a 4x4 tent with 2 600watt led and 4 plants! Wonder woman, white widow, blackjack, and ak48. I've done a lot of research but still feel im not prepared enough to know what my plants need. Im growing in super soil with a perlite and vermiculit median. My wonder woman shot out like a canon and i immediately got some 40watt cfl lights and put it right on her and did the hand test to make sure it wasn't too hot. I think there is something wrong with my white widow, if anyone can tell me what they might think is the problem. I use filtered water with a ph of 6.4 and a ppm of 134. My humidity is between 60 and 70. They sprouted 3 days ago.
420-magazine-mobile1328116281.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1248472631.jpg
420-magazine-mobile65619338.jpg
420-magazine-mobile484485421.jpg
420-magazine-mobile512193261.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

For three days it's not a bad start, like mondstern says it could be a slow grower (different strains ) have you looked at each types information like growing temps etc? When you planning on switching to led?

Maybe its a slow grower. Not so sure at this phase. Whats your future lighting plan?

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I have 2 600 watt led ready to go just waiting a little longer. Im afraid they're to little and they might suffer from light burn.

For three days it's not a bad start, like mondstern says it could be a slow grower (different strains ) have you looked at each types information like growing temps etc? When you planning on switching to led?

The thing is my white widow was the second one to sprout and it sprouted deformed with only 1 node and one of the cotyledons was folded all the way down and the other was yellow and it looked deformed. These are all nirvana strains.
420-magazine-mobile28618738.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1479784540.jpg
420-magazine-mobile659445983.jpg
also im not sure when to water them. I see condensation but i haven't watered them in 3 days. I heard with seedlings everyone over waters them so i dont want to be that guy but i fighting the urge everyday.

whats in the cup with the perlite? you would have been better to allow the seedling to root in the cube first. Just water as it dries out. Dont keep wet but not so dry that it wilts. And just small amounts of water 10ml on the cube is enough for now, add some root stimulator and or great white mycorrhizae to the water to get those roots started nice and strong.

whats in the cup with the perlite? you would have been better to allow the seedling to root in the cube first. Just water as it dries out. Dont keep wet but not so dry that it wilts. And just small amounts of water 10ml on the cube is enough for now, add some root stimulator and or great white mycorrhizae to the water to get those roots started nice and strong.
Im using a super soil organic mix at the bottom of the cup and the rest is perlite and vermiculit substrate at a 3 to 1 ratio. I transplanted them when they sprouted but next time I'll wait until the cube is completely rooted. First time grower so i got exited lol

super soil will probably be too strong for young seedlings, expect trouble when the tap root reaches the soil. what size pots are you going to flower in? You want the cube rooted then transplant into a light soil with low NPK or coco coir. By potting into the perlite vermiculite mix youve started them in hydro medium then put super soil at the bottom, that doesnt make sense to me. If you are growing in perlite/vermiculite mix then transplant to that, if growing in soil transplant to that etc.

super soil will probably be too strong for young seedlings, expect trouble when the tap root reaches the soil. what size pots are you going to flower in? You want the cube rooted then transplant into a light soil with low NPK or coco coir. By potting into the perlite vermiculite mix youve started them in hydro medium then put super soil at the bottom, that doesnt make sense to me. If you are growing in perlite/vermiculite mix then transplant to that, if growing in soil transplant to that etc.
Im going to be transplanting them into a 5 gallon fabric pot and in my area i only have miracle grow and dont trust the soil. I kind of ran out of money towards the end. All i had was the 20 pounds of super soil and read that i only needed a growing medium in between the super soil and the plant so i said why not vermiculit and perlite. I read when it needs the nutrients it would get it from the super soil at the bottom and all i had to do was water it with ph of 6.2 to 6.8. 5 pounds of super soil should be good for 3 months of growing. <br />
<br />

@Cultivator saw your post hope everything is okay with your surgery and such a bummer what happened to your plants. I'm glad i have such an experience person helping me with my grow.

Im not sure how well this method will work. Ive never tried it so maybe it will turn out fine but even when the roots reach the super soil they will have had no nutes and still be real small seedlings, i think they might burn but only time will tell.

id put LEDs on as soon as they got a set of leaves on.

Update added 10ml of water to each plant and turned on 1 led 600 watt at a height of 57inches and will start to lower it gradually.
420-magazine-mobile333025074.jpg

make sure you are adding calmag when running LEDS.
I filter my tap water which should already have calmag. Ppm before filter is 334 and after is 135. I'll keep an eye on this and will still document everything as i go along.

should or does? you will still need to add calmag i guarantee it, LEDS have heavy calmag requirement. As soon as you see any purpling or spots on leaves get it added mate.
Will do and thank you so much for your help, i really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom