Automaria II (First Grow)

jwb87

Hey guys n gals,

Its finally begun.

Base - Soil
Strain - Automaria II
Temperature - 74-80 degrees
RH - 48-52%
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow, Bloom (Eventually, not added yet)
Light Schedule - 24/0 (Whole way, unless otherwise suggested)

Heres the first two (out of four seeds) that have dropped in my cup of water.

First_Seeds.jpg

Put 4 seeds in a cup of water, which is PH balanced to 6.0 at my local pet store.
Two of the 4 dropped so I put them into rockwool cubes so far. Once I see some growth I will transfer to their final resting place.

Any and ALL feedback will be muuuuch appreciated, I really dont wanna mess this up! Thanks all!!

P.S. Please excuse the lack of formality inside the box, was getting late and just threw my base together (my old hydro res, and a harley davidson wall plaque) but will be cleaned up in the next few days!

Ok, that was two days ago.

All 4 rockwool cubes are under the light now, 24/0.

Been watering them twice a day (before and after work, not much else I can do).

Should I peek inside one to look for any growth?

Did I mess up by not going to the paper towel method after sinking them in a cup of water??

Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks!!

Girlfriend got cold last night and shut the AC off.
Box got to 92 overnight with doors closed :sorry: But im hoping they're alright.
Peeked inside all rockwool cubes and all 4 have split their shells and a smaaaall tap is emerging.

So I need to come up with a good soil FAST.

Congrats 87! Go spend some money on a nice soil like fox farms or coco! Don't do what I did the first time and buy local retail soil! Alot of bugs and gnats! Don't forget your perlite! And super thrive! You have an axhaust fan taking air out of that box right?

Congrats 87! Go spend some money on a nice soil like fox farms or coco! Don't do what I did the first time and buy local retail soil! Alot of bugs and gnats! Don't forget your perlite! And super thrive! You have an axhaust fan taking air out of that box right?

Thanks allot Canna!!!

I have an Agway about 30 min away which carries FaFarn or something. Someone had suggested it on the forums, kind of a cheaper FoxFarms to my knowledge, but the same league??

As for Perlite & Super Thrive I hadnt gotten any, and wasnt planning on it for this first grow, but maybe I should do a little more research.

In the pic above you can see I currently have two PC fans, the one on the Right is my intake, and lefthand is exhaust. Keeps temps around 76-82 depending. I also already have two slots cut out in the upper part of my cab to include another intake/exhaust combo once the light starts raising up.

At todays afternoon watering I peeked inside the rockwool and see the shell being pushed off the plant.
E-Day.jpg

When/should I transplant to soil?? And then when do I start introducing the nutes? Whats throwing me off is that its an Autoflowering plant, so the timing for nutes is shorter (I would assume).

Heres where we're at now:
Updated_Setup.jpg

Sorry for the sheeyat cell phone pics.

Again as always, any input/feedback/constructive criticisms MUCH appreciated.

For Nutes this is what I got:
Nutes32.jpg

Hope its ok? :helpsmilie:

Getting ready for transplant to the soil and trying to figure out my nute feeding schedule.

Looked at AN's website and trying to decide how much of each, or all 3 I should add for a 2 gallon pot.

Thanks!

(for the calculator I was using a 2 gal pot, under Grow Micro Bloom setting, and 8 weeks)

At todays afternoon watering, 3 of the 4 lost their shells.

One has me a little worried, as she tipped over, tap root and all the other day, she wasnt rooted in, so I just tucked her back, but shes still trying to push that shell off, shes a fighter!

Also picked up some 3 gallon feeder pots that I believe I will use, still gotta get the soil ASAP, maybe tomorrow when I go to cash in all my copper wire...

As for starting nutes, Ive been reading about starting to add 1/4 strength around the 4th set of leaves for normal plants. Would the 4th set apply to autoflowers?? Was planning to start with 1/8 strength (however much that'll be), just not 100% sure when I should start. Thanks!

And added a 8" fan, I believe. Just some small round black fan and threw it in the box for now to keep temps even cooler (77F and decreasing).

No matter how crappy my day is, just watering these little rockwool cubes brightens my day, I could lay there with the door open and just watch them grow all day :green_heart:

Welcome Pilot,

Thanks for your concern.

To my understanding & research autoflowers do not require it. but again if someone can give me a reason TO introduce a night schedule before the hack then I will.

it is my undersdtanding that autos go straight to a 12/12 light schedule from the start?

this is what Im kind of going by.

Overflower auto plants?

So far Ive had my girls under 24/0 for over a week, and they're spreading open for that light.

But It wouldn't be anything for me to throw on a timer.

Thanks again for the help!

ok correction, to the best of my knowledge they say the best is like u had stated 24/0 or 20/4 off but that up to you. sorry that was my fault, cause i have seen several ppl doing 12/12 from seed and thought that was the way to go. ill be watching ur grow gl my friend......:peace:

ok correction, to the best of my knowledge they say the best is like u had stated 24/0 or 20/4 off but that up to you. sorry that was my fault, cause i have seen several ppl doing 12/12 from seed and thought that was the way to go. ill be watching ur grow gl my friend......:peace:

Thanks allot for the help! I may look into changing the schedule towards the end. Glad to have you along!
:thanks:

As for feeding so far Ive been looking at these two schedules

Nutes

and

Nutes

:morenutes:

Some people will put regular (not autoflower) strains under straight 12/12 lighting in order to get small plants similar in size to autoflower strains.

jwb87,

:popcorn: I'll stop in from time to time and see how things go. :cheer: for ya.

Some people will put regular (not autoflower) strains under straight 12/12 lighting in order to get small plants similar in size to autoflower strains.

jwb87,

:popcorn: I'll stop in from time to time and see how things go. :cheer: for ya.

Awesome, glad to have you aboard :high-five:

I have two other regular seeds that were freebies, a purple haze and gigabud, that I was planning to grow inbetween ordering my next AF's, and Ill probably have to try that light schedule. Also research LST a little more!

1 week in since seeds were dropped in water

Sprouts9.jpg

3 seeds seem to be doing great!

1 runt may not make it. Still had its shell on today, and when I went to check and see if it would fall off with some help the whole plant just pulled through the rockwool. :oops:

It only has the taproot, no branching roots yet, so I tucked it into a brand new rockwool cube deep down, fingers crossed she'll make it though :trance:

Back
Top Bottom