Theoroij's Indoor Soil Mixed Strains Grow Journal

theoroij

Hi everyone!

This is my first grow and I'm very excited!

What strain is it? - 2x skunk#1, 3x white haze automatic, all feminized.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? - skunk#1 35% sativa / 65% indica, white haze 50%/50%
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? skunk in veg, white haze not out of the soil yet
If in Veg... For how long? skunk 1 week veg, white haze seeds in soil for 2 days.

Indoor or outdoor? indoor, grow box, 175cm/68" height, 150cm/60" width, 75cm/30" depth.
Soil or Hydro? - soil
If soil... what is in your mix? - campo sana universal soil + 20% or so perlite
If soil... What size pot? - skunks 5 gal, 1 white haze 5 gal, 2 white haze 1 gal.

Size of light? - 3x 120cm/47" osram fluora fluorescent tubes in a movable fixture.
Light schedule? - 18/6

Is it aircooled? - passive air in, active filter out made with a tupperware, pc fan and regular charcoal (I'll find out later it's effectiveness...
Temp of Room/cab? - 25Cº/77Fº "day", 20Cº/68Fº "night"
RH of Room/cab? - is this humidity? if so not tested yet but water drops gather on the walls...
PH of media or res? - not tested
Any Pests ? - no
How often are you watering? - when top soil is dry
Type and strength of ferts used? - none used except those in soil.

I understand that the automatic white hazes will be shorter so I'll adjust height accordingly and/or use CFL's bulbs.

I don't have any photos yet as I don't have anything to take photos with, will have in a few days.
I do have a timelapse running since day 2 out of the soil for one of the skunks:

[video=dailymotion;x2aqmca][/video]

The fluorescent tubes are full spectrum so I'll probably need more white light for veg right?

osram_fluora.jpg

Thank you! :rollit:

Followed user Beato's advice and lowered the light fixture a bit more..

Temperature's were getting too low so I built a cheap heater with an opaque tin can and an incandescent 50W bulb, regulated at 25W, the tin can is irradiating some heat which for now is enough to bring temps back up to 25Cº/77Fº. I ordered a digital thermometer/controller so in the future the can will be turned on/off by the device according to temperature. Don't know if 50W will be enough for the colder winter days but we'll see...

Also ordered a cheap digital humidity meter so I can know for sure the RH % which should be quite high now.

I still need to test my tap water PH, the water company says it should be between 7.1 and 7.8... I have some rain water outside, maybe I should use that to water the plants?

For now all is well, they seem fine and there's good growth every day. One of the sisters is growing bigger and faster then the other, I'm thinking that's because the slower one (the one in the video) is getting less light, she's closer to the end of the fluorescent tubes or maybe just genetics, I don't know...

[video=dailymotion;x2avlr3][/video]

:thanks:

Also, definitely yes to the RH meters and thermometers (can't have too many of those in my opinion) and I love the regulator for your can fan and the RH meter to talk to each other - great idea! A good handheld pH/TDS/temp/conductivity combo meter is a must have if one can afford one in IMHO Using rainwater is optimal IMHO but I would still test it. If it ever snows here this winter (which normally we have about 2 ft. by now but today barely a dusting) I'm going to melt yard snow in trash cans in the garage for garden water.
Great strains you have chosen too and I look forward to following your gro and journal. TThanks again for sharing.

:thumb:

Thank you for your comments!

As I expected those 50W aren't capable of heating the place to 25Cº/77Fº anymore so I'm using a electric air heater which also lowers humidity a bit, the heater only turns on in the dark period and is set to minimum power 200W. Still waiting on the RH meter and ph strip tests... Meanwhile been watering with bottled water with ph of 6.0 and tap water, should be an average of 6.5 or so... When I get the strips I'll test the rain water. Never seen/touched snow...

2 of 3 of my auto's never sprouted and the one that did, well I don't think it's healthy... I sent a mail to the company from which I bought the seeds and they'll be sending me 3 free of charge :)

I added more light, bought 6 23W cfl, 3 are 3500K and the other 3 6500K, I placed them about 3 inches/7.6CM from the plants and the next day one of them was showing signs of heat stress (curled up and inside), doubled the distance and added side fans blowing air in between the lamps and the plants, the leaves are straight again but some of the tips turned yellow/brown. I'm not using 2 lamps for now, already using 200W of light, can't afford much more...

More nutrients? The soil already has nutrients, compo sana universal... That's one question I have actually, when to give nuts?
Also, I topped the bigger plant, just nipped the main shoot, I want them bushy so I can better use the light.

update on the timelapse,

[video=dailymotion;x2bnmjb][/video]

:thanks: :Namaste:

Hey :yahoo:

@exile19 I will not be topping my autos, just the regular skunks...

Some pictures:

setup:
IMG_239511.JPG

The bigger/wider skunk, from side and top 28 days:
IMG_240615.JPG
IMG_241013.JPG

The taller skunk, from side and top, also the top I did, 28 days:
IMG_240813.JPG

IMG_241111.JPG

IMG_240913.JPG

The white haze autos have sprouted about 2 days ago...

In the last 4 hour of the light cycle I have been seeing leaf drooping, mostly at the top of plant. From what I read it might be low O2 which makes it impossible for the plants to metabolize any more light so they drop the leafs to conserve energy... ? I've placed the lights further away for 1 cycle and the same happened so it's not heat... I've also increased the speed on the outtake fan but no effect either, maybe the the filter/fan doesn't allow for adequate air flow even at max speed... I'll be building another filter, a bigger one and test it out, a little smell is escaping, especially since I increased the fan speed.

Thanks
:)

Hi!

Update on the timelapse:
[video=dailymotion;x2d7289][/video]

Pictures:

-Baby white haze auto:
IMG_71555.JPG

-Both skunks #1 at 37 days
IMG_71524.JPG

-Wider skunk#1 sister at 37 days
IMG_71415.JPG

-Taller skunk#1 sister at 37 days
IMG_71404.JPG

-Signs of too much N?? Small claw in 2 or 3 leaves... I never gave them any nutes besides what's in the soil (compo sana universal)
IMG_71484.JPG

I've switched to 12/12 at 35 days and maybe I should give them some flower nutes? But it would have to be 0 N since one of the plants appears to have too much N...
I'll look in the store...

That's it! Can't wait!
:)

Update:

64days-35veg-29flowering

Bud #1:
IMG_46387.JPG

Bud #2:
IMG_46287.JPG

Skunk #1 from top/side:
IMG_46415.JPG

Both skunks #1 inside growbox:
IMG_46477.JPG

I plucked all the (I think they were) male flowers I saw, about 5 or 6 in one plant and 2 on the other.

One of the skunks has a few lower leaves turning yellow and falling, I'm thinking it can be low nitrogen, magnesium or just the plant disposing of the leaves that don't get light... I'm watering with universal fertilizer 5-5-5 npk because that's what I had at home, with about 25% less concentration than what's recommended on the bottle. The rest of the leaves look great.

So...

78 days total - 35veg - 43flwr - almost done!

some nice pictures:

bud shots:
IMG_74802.JPG
IMG_75042.JPG
IMG_75051.JPG
IMG_74842.JPG
IMG_74852.JPG

IMG_74981.JPG
IMG_74832.JPG

All the plants, white haze autos in the front:
IMG_75091.JPG

One of the auto white hazes:
IMG_7511.JPG

I was having odor problems, I replaced the charcoal in the filter for new and used more small pieces allowing for less air flow and increased smell absorption. For now the house doesn't smell except for the room where the growbox is.

Male flowers still grow and I keep removing them, I noticed a few of them too late so I'll be having some seeds for sure, they'll have the hermaphrodite gene though, unless they were just stressed...

Now... when to harvest?

Hey Dutty Panty! I've been checking your journal's and WOW, big awesome pro looking jungle! :trance:

Don't know what you read of my journal but I have 4 plants, 2 autos and 2 skunks#1, the skunks are nearing harvest... Can you give me your experienced opinion on how much more time they'll need?

Thanks! :)

Closeup of the better focused macro:
closeup.PNG

Looking real close how many days in bloom? Have you already been flushing

It has been 45 days since the switch from 18 hours of light to 12, in the website they say 45-50 days of flowering... I didn't flush, I just stopped the nutes which were very low concentration... I was afraid I'd burn them because the soil is pre-fertilized. And you know first time, I'm a noob.

Back
Top Bottom