First Grow - Auto Assassin

chuck1718

Hello chuck here new to this forum and growning cannabis period. I have ordered some Auto Assassin seeds currently waiting for them to ship. I plan on growing in my own mixed soil and have also ordered some red wigglers and have my bin setup. This is going to be a cfl grow in a flat white closet this is the only space so I can not expand. I have two hang lights with 50 true watt cfl also have a lamp for undergrowth if it is need. I am going to trying either the scrog method or the tie down nothing but lst. I have a few questions since this is an auto and light cycle does not need to be changed what temp light should I use normally 6500k for veg 2700k for flowering and also what cycle should i use thinking 18/6 or 16/8 on/off. Also plan on planting in a 3 gal. pot that should be plenty for this plant correct since the normal hieght is between 25-35 inches iirc. Also looking for other grows of this strain I have not found any completedand also how do you post a picture have one on my pc not websites. Thank you for reading commenting helping or whatever else!

hey there I haven't plaved with cfl's but
if im not mistaked bright white on veg and soft white for bloom
you can also use both to get a more full spectrum out of it
theres a bunch of growers with limited space
Casey Jones #2

heres breals journal when he started he used cfl's you might wanna look back in his journals he utilizes a very small space
I think he stepped it up to led's now but he was using cfl's when he started :thumb:

hope this helps

Hey Chuck, welcome to the party that IS 420mag.

I'm running CFLs at the moment and love em. For sprout you want a 26w 6500k sitting 2-3 inches over her head. As she starts shooting nodes, add more bulbs as you need to(6500k) to make sure you get good coverage on all the foliage.

As she develops into a small plant rather than a twig with a few little leaves, really boot up the lumens and possibly add some 2700k into the mix, this will let her bulk up while growing up. As soon as you see pre-flowers(little white hair looking things), smash in even more 2700ks.. But you'l be ready by that stage. ;)

I just made a very cheap CFL light hood from hardware bits and I'm extremely happy with it. Feel free to jump across to my journal(in my signature) and check it out. :)

Good luck bro.

-J.

Thank you both I have a bunch of 13 watt 2700's my whole house is being lighted by that kind. Lets discuss lighting schedule and auto's I've read so much stuff can someone really shed some light on me hehe. I know they will grow with 12/12 16/8 20/4 or just 24 hour light but which is the best. I want to use the least amount of eletric without sacrficing my yeild but I have no problem with a 20/4 light cycle if thats what it needs. Also would you all condone lst or fimming since it is such a low grow time I would hate to mess up the plant.

ive started autos on 18/6 and went to 12/12
I wouldn't go 24 plants do better with some rest there are some things the plant does in night phase that it doesn't do during the day
theres a lot of opinions on this
best to look at people journal and make your own conclusion or try different methods so you know what will work best for you
considering you don't wanna use excess electricity

my first journal in my sig even my current one in the beginning ive grown a couple autos
first one was strictly under flouros.

Ok I will try to find some light cycles and compare thank you hemphog. Would anyone like to suggest another mixture for my soil I have these ings. for soil: steamed bone meal, worm castings (bought off ebay but also ordered some EF to start my own worm bin) blood meal, azomite, kelp meal, and dolomite lime. Also have a couple of bags of horticultural grade sphagnum peat and perlite whats a good reciepe for mixing this up someone suggested this mixture.
50% peat moss

25% perlite

25% EWC

1tbs blood

2tbs bone

2tbs kelp

2tbs azomite

2tbs lime

per gal

Hey Chuck,

I found this useful for Auto info..
Auto flowering schedules

This is useful to have at easy access(just remember it's on the first page of your journal..
Trouble Shooting with pics

and this..
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Re: your lights. I would honestly try to upgrade your bulbs to at least the 25-26w range each. I really think you will struggle with 13w bulbs. I'm running 26s and I'm looking to upgrade(when I can find 40, 50 or 60w CFLs that DON't need a mogul converter..).
Just my opinion..

Grow nice!

-J.

Hey Chuck!

Saw your Journal on the front page and I figured I would input my two cents, and maybe help dispel some confusion.. trust me I know how overwhelming all this info can be, especially considering there are so many options!!

On Lighting:
When using CFL's you need to be much more tentative on adjusting them to your plants growth... The optimal amount of lighting when it comes to CFL's is about 100 (true) watts for Vegetative Growth, and 150 (true) watts for Flowering Growth. During the Vegetative stage, Cannabis plants prefer a Day Light (6500K) spectrum as it promotes vigorous upwards growth and helps imitate early/mid summer days. During the Flowering stage they prefer Soft White (2700k) spectrum as it promotes vigorous Flower growth.

I personally have seven 6500k CFL Bulbs and three 2700k CFL Bulbs, for a mixed spectrum, and I like how my plants act under it. My hood (I built it myself) is 233 (true) watts, and I vegged three plants under it no problem at all... so in my opinion the actual optimal lighting is anywhere from 75-100 (true) watts in Veg.

I haven't flowered under CFL, as I purchased an LED just in time for my first group of ladies, but if I had flowered under CFL's I would have switched to seven 2700k bulbs and three 6500k bulbs.​

On Light Cycles:
Like Chronic mentioned earlier, there is a lot of debate what the "best" light cycle is for Autoflowering Cannabis Plants.... 12/12 and 18/6 are definitely the most popular. I have never grown Autoflowering plants before so I cannot talk from experience, however I am going to Veg mine under my DIY CFL Hood on 18/6 until I see pre-flowers, then I am going to move them under my LED on 11/13.

I only have my theories as to why I think this will be good for my plants, but it makes sense to me that moving an Auto from 18/6 to 11/13 will only increase its vigor and flowering rate.. especially from 233 watts of CFL to 700 watts of LED... We will see!​

My Auto seeds should be here any day now, here is the Journal... Nothing exciting yet, just gave a run down of the grow. I'll let ya know when my seeds get here so we can embark on this adventure together!

Just want to add, that obviously it all comes down to what you want to do in the end, whatever you think is best for your little girls is what you should go for. I'm sure this will turn into an excellent Journal! Hope your beans arrive soon!

IMAG026726.jpg
We are off and growing folks!

Back
Top Bottom