Cherma Medical Cannabis Grow

Cherma

Strain:Sweet Tooth (Clones) & Sweet Tooth x Skunk seed
Location: 1st Northern most point of the US from the Equator or the furthest South in US.
Indoors and Outdoors:
Lighting: 1 400w mh - 1 600w hps Veg only
(2-4ft CW flourescent @ 160w clones)
Intake: 4" Vortex inline
Exhaust: 6" Occ. Vortex Inline
Cycle Veg: 18/6
Flower Cycle Varies Outdoors: 2-4 ft deep soil beds.
Soil Pro Mix 3.8 Cu Ft Bales: Mix 32oz Hydrated Lime, 32oz Bat Guano Sea weed mix. Veg only: Flower Arena add: Crushed lava, Mac Nut compost, Neem,Lime, K Mag, Garden Compost. Banana Mulch.
Fertilzers Veg: FF Grow Big, Earth Juice Grow, Liquid Sea Weed,Fish Emulsion
Fertilizers Bud: FF Big Bud, EJ Bud, Wood ash Guano, Bone Meal, K Mag,
Clone solutions: Earth Juice Root stock, and EJ Gel dip. Rock Wool medium.
Containers: 1 gal - 5 gal progressive change out.
Veg room size: 8'L x 4'W x 8'H Mylar walls and floor
Watering: Natural Fed Mountain Spring Water
Altitude: 1000 ft above sea level
Humidity average outdoors: 65% until a deluge and spring hit then expect high 80's low 90s
Temperature outdoors: High 80-85 Low70-62 (Varies per season) has dropped to 57 one time in last 7 years.
Indoor Temp: 85 High 73 Low; Humidity controled naturally at 50-65%
The intent and purpose of sharing is a pure pleasure to do so, as many years ago when I began my path of growing and using cannabis, it was to seek the best of what I can do. I was mentored in the Mid 1970's In Hawaii by The doc. An alumni of Harvard with a degree in biology 67'. My other mentor was a returned Veteran of Viet Nam 3 tours as a Boonie Rat, Recon. Arriving here in 1975 I was on a mission and a quest as I had just been acquainted with Cannabis from Hawaii the year before in 1974, Thanks RZ & PW. My first actual Growing was accomplished on the slopes of Hualalai in 1976. I still have the had written journals. Strain, soil conditions, fertilizer mixes. Being always mentored in organic gardening or as close to,from the start I have rarely used any other method.
I believe in the Right of Free speech and am grateful to be able to be a part of this great website. This would not be possible without some hard longtime dedication by many.

IMG_0298lo.JPG

A Clean veg room to start with. Floors, walls, ceilings scrubbed, fans, filters cleaned. Clorox Clean.

IMG_1435lo400mh_600hps.JPG

Lighting for veg room

IMG_0313lo.JPG

IMG_0290lowith_seed_starts_14_days.JPG

IMG_0530lo_seed_starts_1_week_under_400wmh.JPG

Mostly a seed shot showing progress after 1 week under 1KW lights

IMG_0327lo.JPG

6 Sweet Tooth Clones, 3 Ak47 x Wr clones: 15 Sweet Tooth x Skunk Seeds starts. app 5 week old clones 2-3 weeks old seed starts.

1-2 weeks under a full 1000 w

IMG_0575lo.JPG

3-4 weeks under 1000w

IMG_1398lovegroomreadytoclone.JPG
Room of Vegging Clones and Seed starts 5-7 weeks after start to go to the flowering arena.

IMG_1441lo_mothers_day_to_flower_arena.JPG

Ladies waiting to be taken to the flower arena

Next will be the trip taking cuttings for the next crop,transplanting the above mothers and seed starts, sexing the plants, as well as following the flowering stages in the next 60 days.

Man have i been waiting for this. Count me in.

And count me on the harvest party.

Getting my plane tickets right now.
You are an inspiration to us soil growers and i cant wait to watch these ladies flower.

Good luck! (i know you don't need it though)
And best of luck.

IMG_1511lo_slide_out_of_5_gal_cont_note_thumb_in_center_hole_pulling_container_away.JPG

Sliding 5 gal container from plant

IMG_1494lo_bottom_of_healthy_root_system_5_gal_clone.JPG

Healthy Root System 5 gal

IMG_1515lo_planting_st_x_wr_5_week_from_seed_into_flower_arena.JPG

Transplanting into Flower Bed Day 1

IMG_1524lo_st_x_wr_4_wahines_2_weeks_5_undecided_new.JPG

Sweet Tooth x Skunk in Flowering bed 4 females 2 weeks into flower - 5 new un sexed plants day 1 in flower bed, all the same strain from a May 8th 2008 crop

Oh this is truly excellent. :thanks: for sharing your valuable organic growing experience. :peace:

Very very healthy root ball.

I think it's great how you are capturing instructional shots that aren't normally displayed in the journals I've read. (IE removing plants from buckets etc)

A picture is worth 1,000 words and there are a lot of things I've had to guess at because I just couldn't find good pictures of it.

Good Luck and Happy Growing!

:grinjoint:

Thanks DD, I appreciate that,let me know what else I can help show via pictures and knowledge. I have noticed many umongst us here who have great and valid questions on certain topics, that have to do with the " who, what where when & why's" of growing.
I did not get a decent camera until 4-5 weeks ago, and am having some fun now.

Thanks DD, I appreciate that,let me know what else I can help show via pictures and knowledge. I have noticed many umongst us here who have great and valid questions on certain topics, that have to do with the " who, what where when & why's" of growing.
I did not get a decent camera until 4-5 weeks ago, and am having some fun now.

I love looking at growing plants as much as the next guy, and it seems that's what everyone loves showing off. (including me!)

However I would have really loved to have seen step by steps on some things which were probably pictured in the Everything you need to know about growing marijuana thread at some point, but the pics no longer exist.

IE Step by Step pictorials on the FIM, Supercropping and pruning would be nice. I think I've got the basics down now for super cropping but I am a little nervous about FIMing.

Also pruning - at the stage my plants are in, I am really not sure what to cut off if anything. When you are ready to prune your plants (if that's something you even think is worthwhile) I think it'd be helpful to show before and after pics, highlighting the sections of the plants you think should be cut off.

Those are a few that I can think of off the top of my head. But I am sure there have been at least a dozen other uncertainties I've come across in my journey. Anytime there is a process involved in maintaining your plants, I think a pictorial would greatly benefit any of the newbie growers on this site and the newbie growers of the future. Believe me, I know maintaining a journal in itself can be a lot of work let alone creating pictorials.

Growing outdoors is something I really want to try, but I live in a city and that's just not going to happen unless I go guerrilla somewhere else.

I remember the first time I read Torco's outdoor grow, I can't believe you can have plants taller than a 1 story home! :adore: I am just totally blown away by the outdoor super yields. I am sure yours will be just as incredible and I can't wait to watch!

Once again thanks for sharing your invaluable experience with the rest of us. It's the many folks just like you on this site that make the greatest resource for anyone trying to grow a little medicine. :grinjoint:

:thanks:

:thanks: Back to my journal here tomorrow with updates and pictures. It was hell week, Laptop down and no coconut signal out here sucks at times. But hey, Lucky we Live Hawaii.:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom