Medium - Clay Pebbles
PPM - 475
PH - 6.0
RH - 40% to 60%
Room Temperature -60 to 90
Solution Temperature -58 to 75
Room Square Footage - 8 (closet)
Pests - None Known

Problem: I have these brown spots im worried about. I have had a few issues a long the way of these. this is kinda my practice attempt to see what problems i might have with my next girls i have germinating now.
I have stressed them somewhat going from soil to hydro transplant at an early age at like 1-2 weeks old, also i have had high PH for a week or more after the transplant but they have bounced back ok i guess since getting the stuff needed to adjust this.

they are now 4 weeks old but i am curious if these spots are due to PH or something else. I have been worried about adjusting the PH too often but i have now decided that ill be adjusting the PH daily if needed from now on. Also one of these girls has 3 fan leafs per node it seems.

The room they are in is not the best environment for them yet. there is no exhaust system yet but the doors are left open because they get too hot without the vent ( will arrive this week ). they have a small fan blowing across them as well.

Top views of 2 plants and close ups of the spots.
Plant #1
20160511_180345.jpg
20160511_180233.jpg
20160511_180226.jpg

Plant #2
20160511_180323.jpg
20160511_180216.jpg
20160511_180204.jpg

I think you'll get more help if you use your photo gallery to add the pictures in your post.
I don't do hydro but it sort of looks like 'P' and/or 'Fe' problem, and maybe some pest damage. Have you looked closely at the bottom of the leaves?

Definitely gonna have to agree with Major Pita here.

Especially on Plant 2, it looks like potassium defeciency. I had a hell of a time last grow dealing with this shit.

What are the NPK values of the nutes you are using? Sorry, I'm too lazy to use google right now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My PH is 6.0
If im reading the bottle right then i have .9% Potassium in part A and .9% in part B of the canna classic vega
Here are some newer photos. They seem to be ok on all the new growth and no signs of spots underneath the leaves or on top but the same leaves have gotten worse. I do think my PH was too high last week. Is this enough potassium in my nutes? .9% dont seem like much.
The red stems plus the spots seem that you guys were right, what is suggested to do now from this point to correct an issue like this.

When is the last time you calibrated your pH pen?

I can't help but look and see a pH issue going on. There is a lot of non-uniform growth and twisting leaves, in addition to the discolored spotting that resembles Phosphorus deficiency. If your pH is much above 6.2ish, then the plant has a difficult time absorbing Phosphorus.

I would calibrate your pen and make sure it isn't the culprit.

well would it be possible that for the first two weeks since i couldnt adjust the ph that it cause these issues, how lond would you say it takes to recover from PH issues cause ive only been monitoring ph around 10 days now and i wasnt very aggressive the first half of that in doing so
its a brand new pen that came with the 4.01 and 6.86 powders to calibrate with and ive tested with them and they read correctly

well would it be possible that for the first two weeks since i couldnt adjust the ph that it cause these issues, how lond would you say it takes to recover from PH issues cause ive only been monitoring ph around 10 days now and i wasnt very aggressive the first half of that in doing so
its a brand new pen that came with the 4.01 and 6.86 powders to calibrate with and ive tested with them and they read correctly

Yes, the twisting and non uniform growth could certainly be due to a previous issue that has since been corrected. I would try and bump your pH down a little though. 5.8 is ideal for hydro set ups.

The discoloration looks like it has gotten worse, so there is still an underlying cause. Are any of your on hand nutrients high in the P value of NPK?

Thought id post an update to the situation.
So i have decided that most likely it was my PH problems so im trying that theory first.
Cleaned res and air stones put in fresh 5.6 PH'd water ( i only have tap 105 ppms )
Added in full strength nutes. Canna Classic Vega A & B, Canazyme, Rhizotonic, and General Hydroponics CalMag
Checked everything and I have 5.8-5.9 PH it was bumping back and forth checked again 20 minutes later same thing bumping between 5.8-5.9 guess that means im somewhere in the 5.88-5.90 range
Should i worry about this? and try to add more PH down to get to 5.8 steady? I ask this because the stuff is so strong one drop could drop me to 5.7 possibly
A check on my ppms i am at 820 ppms

updated photos
The problem seems to have spead up a set of leaves on one of the plants

The other plan dont seem to have spread to others leafs yet but ill be watching

So what i did was just make sure my PH is 5.8 everyday and fed them with full nutes

They seem to be much more happy everyday when i go look at them and nothing has spread or got worse since although things were spreading before this change. I am still not 100% they are fixed I dont really know how to tell except for what they are doing.

Anyway here are some new pics so maybe if anyone has opinions as to if they seem to be getting better or just cant tell yet.

20160516_193322.jpg
20160516_193202.jpg
20160516_193157.jpg
20160516_191944.jpg

Hi, Sticky :wood: (lol)
Hey, I realize this grow is long over, but I couldn't see anywhere where you said what size rez you're using. My 'for what it's worth' comment is that in DWC, your Ph is going to fluctuate all the time. The smaller the rez - the quicker it happens. I would suggest maybe mixing your nutes in a bucket and let the Ph settle as the nutes intermix. Then check Ph after a while. Mix a batch a day early?
I mix up 50 gallons at a time and have an air stone keeping everything well mixed and oxygenated, but I use the same mix for a few different grow styles. My 5 gallon DWC setup runs smoothly, but I know I have a good Ph reading.

Anyway, glad you got it straightened out!
:thumb:

Peace, Andy.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom