1 Gal Hempy Blue Cheese Tent Grow

So you think i should see how they react to proper feeding regimen and correct RH% levels before i make the desicion to transplant into soil>

If you think you'd like to put them in soil...do it now! Soil is alot less rushed when you percieve an issue. If you put em in soil, put em in the best soil you can get! Water em in and don't do anything for a few days, the roots are going into a different environment and will need to adjust to it. NO feed at first, they may burn a little hitting fresh hot soil, no problem. Go through the motions...check the ph of your water.........if you have well water....good, if you have chlorinated water, let it sit for a coupla hours then ph it. When your Ph test comes out acceptable..........forget Ph! Your soil will buffer any slight Ph issues that might arise from your water or nute regimen. All your enviromental issues should always be maintained.........after you've done your best to get these within acceptable parameters ( at least acceptable) you strive to keep them there. OK, you got that......any issues, well lemme see, it's not my soil, it's not my envireonment, it's not my water..............I move on to technique and method....too much or too little water? is my light in a perfect position? Do I have good circulation and ventilation? Do your best at all this and you can do nothing but succeed....I promise! Get that Rh up to 50-70% for veg, 40-50 For flower.....lotsa fans.....always blowing....all plants getting movement....at least as the fan sweeps if using oscillating ones. Try it out....all that........and BAM! You got it!

Ok after re-assessing my situation this morning i am not going to transplant into soil. If my media is staying to saturated then i simply need to feed it like a soil. This means i want minimal run off when watering.

The plant will no longer wick water up from the res in the containers to the roots. I will just hand feed with the proper amount of water so that it absorbs into the vermiculite.

Ive been doing alot of research and looking at pics of over watered plants and i am 95% sure thats the problem here, the droopy leaves that almost start to resemble a "canoe" shape.

I stick my finger in the media and it is very damp. So i drained all the water out of the containers and im going to just let them dry up for a day.

My BPN 2 part bluemaxx came in today. After the media drys out im going to start them on 10-10ml/gal.

I have a bottle of Cal/mg i bought from BPN as well, im using R/o water. Do i even need it? would it hurt to use it even if i dont have a cal/mg deficency?

also i have a bottle of HYGROZME but i have no idea how to use it, or even if need to. Any pointers on that?

And thanks for all the advice , tips, and pointers so far guys, its really helping out so far.

reverse osmosis water has little dissolved minerals in it. you will need to supplement with calcium and magnesium. you could add hygrozyme as a root treatment if you like, it is mostly for treating damaged root systems and reservoir slime.

So i made up a gal of nutrient water used the following amounts of...

BPN Blue Max A - 10ml
BPN Blue Max B - 10ml
BPN Cal/Mag - 10ml
SNS VEG Supp. - 28ml
pH Down - Just a pinch

I calibrated my hand held pH meter and checked the pH of the nutrient solution, was at a solid 5.7pH.

I then plugged in my 24/7 nutrient monitor and calibrated the PPM/TDS meter, then stuck it in the nutrient water and it read 0900 PPM

I realize this is a little high but my babies are already in there 3rd week of veg and getting very light green.

I watered the hempy containers with roughly 9 floz of nutrient water each.

They were still a little saggy but seemed to perk up a tiny bit since this afternoon, i dunno maybe im just being hopeful.

Temps are staying very happy High of 89*F and a low of 70*F

Thats all for now will report back soon!

Happy 420
DSCF2785.JPG

Happy 420 everybody!

Quick update, i think draining the hempy containers and watering with nutrient water seemed to perk up the leaves a little bit.

The lower foliage on both plants is starting to die, Im assuming this is normal if it wasnt getting fed right, the new growth looks ok, its just the stuff underneath that is really pale light green.

I tied down #1 some more, the rest seem to be growing a little bit every day.

DSCF27861.JPG

DSCF27871.JPG
DSCF2788.JPG
DSCF27991.JPG
DSCF27981.JPG

DSCF27891.JPG
DSCF27901.JPG
DSCF27971.JPG

DSCF2791.JPG
DSCF2792.JPG
DSCF2796.JPG

And the White Rhino plant that is growing very slow, its stem is very weak, and the new growth seems UN-uniformed, like i said before, im not giving up hope yet.

DSCF27931.JPG
DSCF2794.JPG
DSCF27951.JPG

Tent Temps
DSCF28002.JPG

humidifier should be here monday.

I also ordered a 4''x4''x6'' "WYE" duct connector, so i can vent my tent exhaust out the same hole that my portable a/c vents out to. That way there will be no extra duct work visible to the outside, just looks like my a/c vent.

peace guys hope you have a happy and safe 420!

poked my head in the tent just a second ago and.........

Everything is looking AWESOME! Noticeable new growth and everything is nice and perky!

Im thinkin they were very hungry for some nutrient water and to let them dry out a bit.

Im so happy this is a great 420 gift! Ate an edible and smoked a nice joint with hash oil whilst at work, now its time to break out the dabs!

I am glad that things are going well for you my friend.

After looking over your journal, I came across this statement you made:

As i am probably not going to update with any pictures, please bare with me if i have to explain something through the text.

Love the pictures that you are posting. So much easier to see things. :thumb:

Ok the edges of my leaves are curling upwards, and the old bottom leaves are pale greenish yellow and starting to get little brownish spots on them (seem to be dead plant matter), while the new growth is green on the outer edges of the leaves but pale greenish yellow on the inner part of the leaves, no brownish spots at all.

Ive been doing a bit of searching i thinks its N deficiency. Maybe i just am not giving them enough nutrients, i really havnt watered them that much since i let them dry out.

Im going to try and give them 8 fl oz twice a day, draining out what ever is left in the bottom of the containers before i water. Then ill give them a flush in a few days just to make sure theres no build up.

Heres some pics

DSCF28011.JPG
DSCF28022.JPG
DSCF28032.JPG
DSCF2804.JPG

DSCF2805.JPG
DSCF2806.JPG
DSCF2807.JPG
DSCF28081.JPG

DSCF28101.JPG
DSCF28112.JPG
DSCF28122.JPG

White Rhino
DSCF2813.JPG
DSCF2814.JPG
DSCF2815.JPG

Tent Temps
DSCF2816.JPG

Humidifier should be here tomorrow, then my wye duct connector in the next few days, Im just hoping that every thing stays ok.

Im thinking that the plants were getting over watered at first because i was filling up the entire hempy bucket while it had a small root system and was over saturating the roots, but now that they have grown down to the bottom of the res and are starting to get side shoots i can probably start filling the res back up like normal.

:thanks: for checking in if your subbed and :welcome: if you are just tuning in!:love:

Oh yeah i got a 10,000BTU portable a/c to cool down the room that the tent is in, doing a tremendous job at cooling down the room very fast, im glad hiker put that bug in my ear about a larger unit.

You're welcome and I apologize. :rofl:

Ok after re-assessing my situation this morning i am not going to transplant into soil. If my media is staying to saturated then i simply need to feed it like a soil. This means i want minimal run off when watering.

The plant will no longer wick water up from the res in the containers to the roots. I will just hand feed with the proper amount of water so that it absorbs into the vermiculite.

Ive been doing alot of research and looking at pics of over watered plants and i am 95% sure thats the problem here, the droopy leaves that almost start to resemble a "canoe" shape.

I stick my finger in the media and it is very damp. So i drained all the water out of the containers and im going to just let them dry up for a day.

I have a bottle of Cal/mg i bought from BPN as well, im using R/o water. Do i even need it? would it hurt to use it even if i dont have a cal/mg deficency?

also i have a bottle of HYGROZME but i have no idea how to use it, or even if need to. Any pointers on that?

I agree with your diagnosis as well. That plant looked waterlogged to me as well. I usually associate spots on leaves with a Ca deficiency before N, but that paleing does look more like N def. I didn't see spots in your pictures.

They actually look great except the one with the yellowing leaf. If you are more comfortable with soil, go to soil. There must be something you thought you would gain by trying your soilless mix, so as long as you're willing to give up on that benefit, go with what works for you. It needs to be fun, not endless stress. :Namaste:

I like what you're planning for the ventilation. Hopefully the Y works OK. As long as it doesn't make resistance for the AC, and neither of the exhausts over power each other and backdraft. Does your portable AC only have one hose? If so, a double exhaust on your window won't look odd. That's real common with portable AC's.

You're welcome and I apologize. :rofl:

I agree with your diagnosis as well. That plant looked waterlogged to me as well. I usually associate spots on leaves with a Ca deficiency before N, but that paleing does look more like N def. I didn't see spots in your pictures.

They actually look great except the one with the yellowing leaf. If you are more comfortable with soil, go to soil. There must be something you thought you would gain by trying your soilless mix, so as long as you're willing to give up on that benefit, go with what works for you. It needs to be fun, not endless stress. :Namaste:

I like what you're planning for the ventilation. Hopefully the Y works OK. As long as it doesn't make resistance for the AC, and neither of the exhausts over power each other and backdraft. Does your portable AC only have one hose? If so, a double exhaust on your window won't look odd. That's real common with portable AC's.

I dont really know if i diagnosed my plant correctly , ill have to take some close up pictures of the spots im talking about, theres not many maybe like one or two but some of them are like in the center of the leaf some of them on the edges, almost looks like nute burn but im not sure.

Despite all that they seem like they are actually growing very fast, almost every day i see new internode growth

#1 All the internode growth is growing good, the very middle of the new leaves are kinda yellow not sure if this is something to be concerned about

DSCF2828.JPG
DSCF2827.JPG
DSCF28261.JPG

DSCF2823.JPG
DSCF2824.JPG
DSCF2825.JPG

DSCF2820.JPG
DSCF2821.JPG
DSCF2822.JPG

White Rhino
DSCF2817.JPG
DSCF2818.JPG
DSCF2819.JPG

Group shot and Temp/Humidity Gauge
DSCF2829.JPG
DSCF2830.JPG

When the new growth yellows like that, that usually just means it growing quickly. Basically the vascular system of the plant is growing too, but it's being maxed out and all the new growth it's supplying is barely getting enough. You can try bumping up N, but it may not help and you could burn them. If you do add more, make it a tiny amount. I wouldn't worry about it right now, but if it continues, you may want to do something.

Ok heres a few things that are a concern right now,

I was talkin about the spots here and there on the lower leaves, and what looks like nute burn on some of the tips of the leaves, here are some pics of the things that concerned me most, not sure if any one has some second opinions on them please chime in.

DSCF2846.JPG
DSCF2845.JPG
DSCF2844.JPG
DSCF2839.JPG
DSCF28351.JPG
DSCF2834.JPG

and this is some weird un uniform new growth happening on #2 on the youngest part of the plant, where the new node is growing, leaves are kind weird is that something to be concerned about?

DSCF28381.JPG

Also, i got a humidifier but it does absolutely nothing with the exhaust fan running. But i need the exhaust fan running 24/7 and even on the lowest fan speed on the controller it still sucks the moister right out of the tent.

I tested it out and turned the inline fan off and the humidity went right up, but of course my temps started to get real hot so i turned the fan back on and down went the humidity again.

How do i keep my humidity up if i need to run an exhaust at all times>?

Ok now for the plant shots

i pinched and bent the stalk today to super crop it, this one is growing the best, it has the biggest leaves, the only thing is when i topped the plant i dont think i cut it far enough down and it just re grew its single top. SInce i am LSTing im going to focus the energy on the internodes any ways.

DSCF2832.JPG
DSCF2833.JPG

#2 is looking pretty good too but has that weird new node growth right on the very top

DSCF2836.JPG
DSCF28372.JPG

#3 was the smallest out of the BC but its def catching up.

DSCF28401.JPG
DSCF28411.JPG

White Rhino is doing ok, kind of getting a little pale green on the lower growth, but the nodes are nice and tight

DSCF2842.JPG
DSCF2843.JPG
DSCF2847.JPG

Res Monitor( plain water yes i know its hard and thats from the r/o system i think the filters may need to be changed) and Inside tent temp/humidity gauge

DSCF2848.JPG

Space between light and plants ( i can literally touch the cool tube as long as the inline fan is suckin air over the bulb)

DSCF2850.JPG

Group shot, and overall shots

DSCF2849.JPG
DSCF28511.JPG
DSCF2852.JPG

Thanks for checkin in peace!

Can you put the fan on a timer and only have it run part of the time?
Is it an option to put the humidifier just outside your intake? Let the fan draw in the moister air.

Only one of those leaves looked like anything to worry about. It's the yellower one that looks like a bottom leaf. Even that I probably wouldn't react to. I think you already bumped up your nutes since you saw that leaf, so I would't do anything else right away.

That new growth looks fine to me. They do that sometimes as a reaction to some sort of stress. Had you just done some LST or something? I've mostly seen that when it's trying to grow up against something else, but not always.

They all look great to me. Try not to stress too much about them. :Namaste:

quick update

everything looks ok, plants are growing fast, roots have hit the bottom of the res.

Made a new batch of nutrient water

bluemax part 1 - 5ml

blue max part 2 - 5ml

SNS veg a supplement - 25ml

BPN Cal/Mag - 5ml

Hygrozyme - 8ml

Mixed all that into 1 gal of 6.2pH water which brought my monitor to this

DSCF2856.JPG

Now heres my "Kill-a-watt" meter that is showing me how many watts my entire grow is currently pulling, and this is how many kw/h i have been running since i started.

DSCF2858.JPG
DSCF2859.JPG

Temps and humidity, humidity is staying up over 30%RH thanks to the humidifier, ideally id like it to be higher but ill take what i can get.

DSCF2855.JPG

and last but def not least, heres a shot of the babies i took about 8 hours ago.

DSCF2857.JPG

alright im outski thanks for checkin in

I'm fine with 30%. I know folks like 50%, but I'd rather have it drier, especially in flower. As long as you supply adequate water for the plant to uptake, it should be fine.

I like the killawatt thing. I never realized those had a counter that tracked total usage. Neat! I'm not sure I wanna know my total power usage though. :biglaugh:

Plants look great man. :thumb:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom