1 month old plant with soggy lower leaves - Help!

CaRboNeS87

Hi,
This is my first grow, and my plant has soggy lower leaves. Can somebody please help me. My soil is miracle grow seed starting potting mix 0.0 - 0.01 - 0.0. I only give it water, about every second day, when the soil starts drying up. I'm using two 300w 4100k cfl's producing 3500 lumens each, and one 42w 5000k cfl producing 2700 lumens. Here are photos of my set up and plant. Please help ! Thanks .

Set_up8.jpg
Plant_240.jpg
Plant89.jpg

Re: 1 month old plant with soggy lower leaves.. Help !

Your lights can be way closer. Probably about a foot above the tops is good. Use the back of your hand to feel where it starts to get warm as you get closer to the light and keep the tops just under that. You said you wait until the soil starts to dry up. In the picture the soil looks very moist as you had probably just watered but it kind of looks like over watering to me but I could be wrong. Sometimes I'll stick a finger about an inch down into the soil away from the plant to check moisture. If it is moist then the watering can wait. Do you have any air flow going in there?

Looks like over watering to me and alittle to much nutes for them small girls They can do just fine on water until they get 4 too 5 nodes. Let the soil dry out some and they should bounce back.

your only really using 160w you should go for more like 250/400w if you up grade to big grow cfls you can have 900w with 3 bulbs all you need is the cords (you need mogle socket) $15 each or hoods $25/50 cheap ones the 300w bulbs are about $90/110 after tax/shipping but they last a year that's 3 grows and they have wider light spectrum's than HPS for some frosty buds.

Hi,
This is my first grow, and my plant has soggy lower leaves. Can somebody please help me. My soil is miracle grow seed starting potting mix 0.0 - 0.01 - 0.0. I only give it water, about every second day, when the soil starts drying up. I'm using two 300w 4100k cfl's producing 3500 lumens each, and one 42w 5000k cfl producing 2700 lumens. Here are photos of my set up and plant. Please help ! Thanks .

Set_up8.jpg
Plant_240.jpg
Plant89.jpg

it looks like your off to a good start

Thanks for all the replies ! I have a small circular fan blowing right on it ! And the plant is currently on water only ! I haven't started the nutes yet ! I'll try letting dry a bit see if it will bounce back ! Any good tips for choosing a good soil.. I'm getting ready to transplant it to a bigger pot !?

I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest and love it. I see many people on here doing crazy mixes and ammendments to their soil but I think FFOF is perfect right out of the bag. I also use Fox Farms nutrients which you shouldnt need for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom