10 by 10 grow tent

Diyandimitrov

I have my new set up grow tent 10x10 I have 4 hps gavita pro de each one its 4000 btu heat what kind of a AC I need to cool off those ? 20 btu 25 k btu? Any advices ?

Assuming it's an LED, here's the conversion formula: "1W of light = 3.412 btu/hr. Every watt, from every light, ever, follows this rule. 645W of LED generates the same heat as 645W of the next guy's LED. 12,000 btu/hr = 1 ton of cooling". You'll have to do your own conversion (16,000 BTU's)

I would think you would need to take into account the ambient temperature in the room the tent is in.
If its in a garage thats 60⁰ during the day and 35⁰ at night then you might not need anything but a little air movement.
Its in my living room and its not going over 80 f mostly 72 cause I have ac in the house but lets count its 80f the most I wanna be safe

Assuming it's an LED, here's the conversion formula: "1W of light = 3.412 btu/hr. Every watt, from every light, ever, follows this rule. 645W of LED generates the same heat as 645W of the next guy's LED. 12,000 btu/hr = 1 ton of cooling". You'll have to do your own conversion (16,000 BTU's)
My caulculations was thw same cause in humbold nort cal I use 3 ton ac for each 10 lights in my indor and for 36 lighs I was running 12 tons AC and it was easy to keep 70f

I have my new set up grow tent 10x10 I have 4 hps gavita pro de each one its 4000 btu heat what kind of a AC I need to cool off those ? 20 btu 25 k btu? Any advices ?
Run a dedicated air input right through all of the hoods and move all of that heat OUT of the tent to where it can be managed better or totally removed from the area. It would cost a fortune to AC all of those BTUs away.

Run a dedicated air input right through all of the hoods and move all of that heat OUT of the tent to where it can be managed better or totally removed from the area. It would cost a fortune to AC all of those BTUs away.
I wish I can but my gavita De dont have those tube options like the old single ended lights.

In lieu of what Emilya said you could use an intake fan pulling in cooler air into the tent and an exhaust fan removing hot air from the tent. It’s what I do, intake down at the bottom pulling in cool air, exhaust fan at the top pushing out hot air, you could duct the hot air outside. Fans are a lot more economical than a/c. Barring that, if you have central air and a duct/ register nearby. Just run the cold air from the duct to the tent with a exhaust fan to pump out the hot air.

In lieu of what Emilya said you could use an intake fan pulling in cooler air into the tent and an exhaust fan removing hot air from the tent. It’s what I do, intake down at the bottom pulling in cool air, exhaust fan at the top pushing out hot air, you could duct the hot air outside. Fans are a lot more economical than a/c. Barring that, if you have central air and a duct/ register nearby. Just run the cold air from the duct to the tent with a exhaust fan to pump out the hot air.
Im can try but it's a 10by10 with 4 1000 hps I dont think that it will work.maybe will at night when outaide its 40f so that cold air going in shoud be really cold to colled of 4 lights in that small apace but I can try it wont hurt. What temperature u can keep in your caae 75f ? Cause its hight for last 3 weeksof flowering

Im can try but it's a 10by10 with 4 1000 hps I dont think that it will work.maybe will at night when outaide its 40f so that cold air going in shoud be really cold to colled of 4 lights in that small apace but I can try it wont hurt. What temperature u can keep in your caae 75f ? Cause its hight for last 3 weeksof flowering
Im pulling cold air off a garage floor slab that is about 60 degrees, and the garage is unheated. In the winter I can easily keep the temps in the 70-75 degree range. Summer is more difficult , in a hot stretch it can get up into the high 80’s. But in the summer I usually grow outdoors.

Im pulling cold air off a garage floor slab that is about 60 degrees, and the garage is unheated. In the winter I can easily keep the temps in the 70-75 degree range. Summer is more difficult , in a hot stretch it can get up into the high 80’s. But in the summer I usually grow outdoors.
Let me know whats going on with the humidity if in the garage its too humid I I'll intake cold air and hight humidity also. And we want low hiumidity (40 30%)after the 3th week of flowering. Do you use dehiumidyfiers or its stays low by itself? Or how you lowered cause I was thinking about what are you saying but I was wondering how I gonna put the cold air from the outside anf low the hiumidity at the same time?

The humidity never gets above about 40%-50%, except when I water, then it will rise up to about 65% for several hours, but it drops back down quickly. No dehumidifier, when in flower it stays about 40%, I can drop the humidity fast if I open the tent door, the garage is very dry. Cold air holds much less water than warm air.

The humidity never gets above about 40%-50%, except when I water, then it will rise up to about 65% for several hours, but it drops back down quickly. No dehumidifier, when in flower it stays about 40%, I can drop the humidity fast if I open the tent door, the garage is very dry. Cold air holds much less water than warm air.
Do you switch day for night for exemple your lights are off in the day when its hot and they are on when its night and cold outside ?

Another think I wanted to ask you I have gavita double ended and they have boots to 1150 wats and its says they cover 5.5 by 5.5 feet do yo think if I have reflective tent I can cover 10x10 tent with only 2 of those.cause 2 gavitas in max shoud cover 30sq feets but I want your opinion. I think I will pull slightly less lbs if I put 2 gavitas on 1150 instead 4 gavitas on 1000.

I’m running 2 Bestva 2000w (actual draw 385w each) in a 6.5x6.5x7. You’ll need 4 of your lights in a 10x10. My lights are on 20/4 for autos, off at night, but I only run the fans for about 30 minutes once the light go off. My lights are LED, so the don’t generate as much heat at a metal halide light.

Back
Top Bottom