12/12 lighting for autoflowers

Certain auto flowering plants do well under 12/12 usually it will tell in the bio when picking that seed/strain out. I tried last grow and it killed the yield.
I just switched my tent over to 12/12 for my photo plants the other day but I still have 1 auto in that tent. I'm sure the yield will be fine because it's been under 20/4 for the last 2 months.
How old is your auto?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi Wannagrow,

I grow only autos. In my personal experience, yield is dramatically effected by the size of the plant at 21-28 days above soil. Mine usually start shooting out white hairs at about day 21. If the plants are large at this point, I generally pull 3-3.5 oz per plant (using 2.5 gallon fabric with FFOF). If they are small, the yield is dismal (1-1.5 oz). The pic attached is my last run at 21 days. The plant in the right front position is a 21 day old Early Miss.

At 21 days, my largest plants are always the ones I started out under CFL and Fluoros. These types of lights I can place 2" from the leaves and it won't harm them.

IMG_026460.JPG
IMG_026261.JPG

i am currently growing 4 NL autos, and i made the mistake to switch to 12/12 as someone mentioned a few days before on a similar post that I made.

I can see now why my babies they are not getting fatter...
As the guy said, we should gradually increase the light hours back to 18/6

I will do this by increasing for 45 minutes the light cycle every other day

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

i am currently growing 4 NL autos, and i made the mistake to switch to 12/12 as someone mentioned a few days before on a similar post that I made.

I can see now why my babies they are not getting fatter...
As the guy said, we should gradually increase the light hours back to 18/6

I will do this by increasing for 45 minutes the light cycle every other day

It can often be helpful to start a grow journal. You can also subscribe and follow other journals. This is a good way to meet growers and invite them to help on your grow.
When I first started growing, I would panic alot and worry. I checked on my plants dozens of times per day. After going through a few grows, it becomes much easier and less nervous.

I followed the grow at the link below and was very luck to end up with a Plant of the Month on my very first harvest. You will find your own style but it can be very helpful to follow a successful system until you have more experience.

Bongtastic's Beginner's Guide to Autoflowering Cannabis

Thank you Schtiggy
I will definitely check it out.
If u have more specific links that you think are really helpful i could use them ..

Back
Top Bottom