14 days old do they look okay?

Steveo123

420 Member
Hi all , im new to growing and to this group , ive 4 plants on grow 14 days old , germinated this seeds using the paper towel method then into small tubs then once sprouted i put them into big tubs (i now know this was a mistake) anyway watered until it came out of bottom , im using a 600w hps light on for 18hrs any help would be appreciated ,

Attachments

• 20200228_184858.jpg
    20200228_184858.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • 20200228_184856.jpg
    20200228_184856.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
  • 20200228_184854.jpg
    20200228_184854.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
A little small IMO, but it doesn’t matter aslong as they are healthy. I would have put them in SOLO cups for a little while, then transplant when the leafs out grow the rim.
as for watering, at that stage they won’t need much. I wouldn’t water to run off.
You should also take pictures under “natural light” it’ll help members get a better look.
what’s medium are you growing in?
Temp?
RH?
just some info to help paint a better picture of the growing environment!
-CD

Hi thanks for the reply , okay so medium as i know it is a tent 1.2m x 1.2m x2m , 600w hps light , a small fan whixh i have low blowing seedlings , temp is stable around 80° im doing light om for 18rs light is around 5ft from plants , il take some better pics tomoz when its light , they seem healthy nice colour etc just dont seem to have moved for last 7 or so days ? Again thanks for advice

Okay, and what about humidity? By medium I meant what are you growing in, as in soil mixture.
Again as long as they are healthy that’s what matters. They probably are establishing a root system in that ginormous pot. Once that’s established they’ll most likely take off in growth.
Too big of a pot will slow down growth as plants will focus on root growth before foliage growth.

my humblest opinion,, very underfed because of improper feeding which means improper watering. the pic from Canadadoes is spot on if not exceptional growth for 15 days

cheers and karma sent friend

Okay, so you are growing in coco. Im not a hydro guy. I’m pretty sure that it’s inert. So one would assume you should be feeding nutrients right away in small doses. I also think that you are supposed to keep it moist. I’m sure someone will be along soon to help with this one.
What are you pH’ing your water to?

yes, as above,, i am not coco either but know watering can be several times a day for younguns,, and feeding, as stated, in 1/4 strength or a bit less.

tons of coco help on here, with super results,,

cheers

Both the soil an feed (not given yet)
im using same coco and feed mate and these are right u should of kept them in smaller pots just till they got some gd roots i often let mine stay in a small pot for a gd few weeks often getting root bound then when u put them in a bigger pot they will jus take off but u must feed from day dot just use a lighter dose dnt be putting the 40ml per 10ltrs what it says on the bottle i dnt go that high when im fully grown and in flower

im using same coco and feed mate and these are right u should of kept them in smaller pots just till they got some gd roots i often let mine stay in a small pot for a gd few weeks often getting root bound then when u put them in a bigger pot they will jus take off but u must feed from day dot just use a lighter dose dnt be putting the 40ml per 10ltrs what it says on the bottle i dnt go that high when im fully grown and in flower
Yeah i already no a few mistakes now lol , do u think its worth continuing with these then ? Il feed tomoz if so , i think i was too much of an eager beaver haha

yh man its a plant it wants to live just dnt go mad on the strength of feed try 1ml per ltr till they get abit bigger also what other canna products u using and have u got a ppm meter dnt forget to correct the ph and dnt use too cold of water keep it around 20 :thumb: :thumb:

dnt go mad with the amount of water either and if u have already soaked them and had run off, let them dry out a bit then water a lil bit dnt really need run of untill they get bigger and roots coming out bottom of pot,get your self some canna cure aswell its a pest control plus foliar feed, spray it on the leafs keeps them nice and healthy ive just got some because of bugs thrips, prevention better than cure use one a week. u should also check out there other line of products some are expensive but worth it, anyway gd luck mate and theres always someone here to help u jus dnt take everyones advice as gd advice do some research and read between the lines, after all its your plants that will suffer so dnt just jump sit bk relax and work it out knowledge is power and its only as complicated as u want it to be :yummy:

That 600 watt is drying the soil to dry ya need to hydrate the soil the roots will find it hard to move in the dye soil rehydrating your soil is different then watering if that makes sense that’s what’s slowing your growth but rember it’s only a opinion but it’s a damb good one lolthat pot is big but ya only have to water around her with no more then 250 mill of water every 3or 4 days let the soil look dry for a little while before you water again as she grows up water as need

Both the soil an feed (not given yet)
Hi all, I'm doing my first coco grow. 70-30 coco, perlite mix, GH nutes. Giixer 1000w full spectrum LED. 19 days from sprout. Been feeding mine since the second leaves were out, although diluted for a time. Started in solos, moved to 2litre and will end up in 3gallon fabric pots. Am learning a whole bunch here -Thank you!
20200303_102817.jpg
20200303_102736.jpg

Back
Top Bottom