16x32 grow box, will my plants outgrow it?

BarstadBuds

im restricted for space right now and i have used a rubbermaid bin for a grow box, i have tinfoil on the sides and 1 CFL right now.

I have two bagseed plants currently growing in the box theyve made it to about 4-5 inches now.

my question is will these plants eventually outgrow the box?
if they will what can i do to stop that from happening?

Ps im not sure if there indoor or outdoor seeds
and this is my firstgrow

im restricted for space right now and i have used a rubbermaid bin for a grow box, i have tinfoil on the sides and 1 CFL right now.

I have two bagseed plants currently growing in the box theyve made it to about 4-5 inches now.

my question is will these plants eventually outgrow the box?
if they will what can i do to stop that from happening?

Ps im not sure if there indoor or outdoor seeds
and this is my firstgrow

2 plants is fine. size wise. how much light?
overgrow the box...it can happen..Low stress train, FIM,supercrop,pinch...whatever you want
hydro?

just one energy saving CFL right now
I was thinking of trying the FIM technique or maybe LST, but like i said first grow kinda sketching about playing with the plants to much.

i also have two fans in the box by the way.

and its not hydro.

2 plants is fine. size wise. how much light?
overgrow the box...it can happen..Low stress train, FIM,supercrop,pinch...whatever you want
hydro?

Will it take a lot of work to do those methods?

and also i have the one plant in a large yogurt container about 6 inches tall and the other plant in a margarine container about 3 inches tall both have about 3 inch width, will these pots be large enough to grow a plant right through to harvest?

thanks for the help!!

well, you kinda got everything working agianst you, you could probly get somthing. but it wont be much. for a bit more punch, id say use a galon jug of milk, cut around at like the bottom of the handle. but its kinda like trying to put 10lbs of sugar in a 5lb bag. id say to try and add at least 3 more lights so you have a bit more lumens. think about cutting down to one plant, belive it or not, in your situation one plant would probly be more efficeient than trying to maintain 2.

and no, size controlling methods are fairly easy, i could bet you can find out all about them on this site.

well, you kinda got everything working agianst you, you could probly get somthing. but it wont be much. for a bit more punch, id say use a galon jug of milk, cut around at like the bottom of the handle. but its kinda like trying to put 10lbs of sugar in a 5lb bag. id say to try and add at least 3 more lights so you have a bit more lumens. think about cutting down to one plant, belive it or not, in your situation one plant would probly be more efficeient than trying to maintain 2.

and no, size controlling methods are fairly easy, i could bet you can find out all about them on this site.

Okay thanks again for the help, i was thinking about eventually switching to one plant once i figure out if i have one female or two or maybe even to males, if i do come out with two i may take the smaller one outside for the rest of the summer.

ill put the plant in a milk jug like you suggested and im gunna work on getting some lights

2675.jpg

3568.jpg

both of these plants have been on veg for just over a month now, there starting to outgrow the box like i figured they would. so i have a few options now i could wait a few weeks till may 24 and throw them outside for the summer, or i could move them to a larger space somewhere in my room.

BTW these plants have been grown with one 12 watt CFL im low on cash and still waiting to get a bit better of a light setup.

and also after a month of veg and at the size you see her do you think they would be ready to start flowering?

and id also appreciate some advice on ways to improve the grow.

you can start flowering at any time really, it just depends on how big you want to wind up.

Your plants are small and a bit spindly from lack of light, but they're nice and green and doing OK otherwise.

Anything you can do to get them more light and transplant to larger containers will help you grow them bigger.

For the flowering cycle, you're going to need more light or your buds will be really small.

congrats on getting them this far ;)

you can start flowering at any time really, it just depends on how big you want to wind up.

Your plants are small and a bit spindly from lack of light, but they're nice and green and doing OK otherwise.

Anything you can do to get them more light and transplant to larger containers will help you grow them bigger.

For the flowering cycle, you're going to need more light or your buds will be really small.

congrats on getting them this far ;)

okay thanks for the advice, the congrats on the grow means a lot considering all my buddies have been laughing at my attempt.:thanks:

the plants are still growing under 18 hours light 6 dark, but i the newer leaves coming out of the top of the plant seem all spindley and wavey, very very deformed compared to the other leafs, also the leaves from the bottom up seem to be slowly turning yellow then dieing, any idea on what that could be cause from?

and do you think if i move these outside they will suffer to much shock and die? i feel with more space for the roots to grow and way better light they may turn out fine

you're welcome!

ask your buddies to show you their plants ;)

leaf issues probably caused by insufficient light.

If you move them outside, do it gradually so they can adjust to it without burning.

just for a few minutes at first, then an hour, etc., and I think they will be fine ;)

I had people laugh at me until they started giving me their $ & begging for more. Topping, pruning, FIM. will increase root growth & u do not have the size for it. Check out the stinkbud tech. My roots are huge & prob. 3' long in a 3" by 3" space
Aeroponics

Back
Top Bottom