180W Super Lemon Haze Grow - Lots of Pics!

If it's a tri-foliate plant, as Tortured Soul mentioned, it could do all kinds of weird things.

I had one that grew tri-foliate for a few weeks and then changed to a normal bi-foliate pattern.

On this plant, I couldn't clearly make out the tri-foliate pattern that Tor noted, but I'm thinking he's right, because those plants can do strange things like this.

Here are five pictures showing whats going on with the top of my plant. The best way I could describe it is that its cauliflowering..

Hard to tell with a sport (mutant) as pretty much any odd characteristic could be attributable to genetics.

How close, powerful, and focused is your light setup again? You might try raising it a foot. If you see mad stretching you could drop it 4"-6". But I suspect your amount of stretch will not markedly increase.

On this plant, I couldn't clearly make out the tri-foliate pattern that Tor noted, but I'm thinking he's right, because those plants can do strange things like this.

It definitely is a triploid plant. Look back at post #... Err, forgot it's the internet, lol (bad day). Here, reference his pictures:

DSC005363.JPG

DSC005403.JPG

DSC005624.JPG

DSC005664.JPG

DSC006273.JPG

It's why I wondered about the method the breeder used to create the seeds - although some sativas 30-40 years ago (and probably at many other points in history) were known for producing the occasional misfit.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, plants with this mutation are not universally bad - some food-production crops seem to be more favored by growers when triploid because they might be bigger and faster-growing. Others produce small (sterile) seed which might be considered beneficial to the consumer (easier to eat) or to the entity that holds copyright (GM crops, anyone? :thedoubletake:) since growers must continually purchase new seed. Also some plants are natural triploids (or other polyploids).

But often with cannabis plants the bud produced from such plants has been of poorer quality and/or lesser yield. Enough times that many people chop the sprouts as soon as the three seed-leaves are visible and just germinate another seed. However, as mutations are not cut and dried, this lack of quality is not guaranteed - people just hate to take a (some amount) better-than-even chance that they will be disappointed in some way at harvest time after investing the time and materials to get there.

I had one that grew tri-foliate for a few weeks and then changed to a normal bi-foliate pattern.
It doesn't look like this plant is going to revert. But such is the nature of unstable genetic conditions - they're unstable, lol. There's really no telling what the extra set of chromosomes might actually cause without taking the plant to harvest.

Thanks for re-posting those Tor.

I should have gone alll the way back and looked at those pics. It's very clearly a tri-foliate plant. I would have commented on it if I had been on this ride from the beginning, but I subscribed later on and didn't read through from the get-go.

The one I had that I grew through harvest, whom I called Trippy, turned out quite good. Very sugary buds and smoked just fine. It wasn't the largest or smallest plant in that harvest, but on that grow my containers weren't uniform in size, so that doesn't mean much.

Yeah, all you can do is just grow it out. Should be interesting to see what it does, but it's not a good plant for a grow like this because of the instability issues that Tor commented on.

Glad to read that you had positive results from your mutant. I'm also hoping that the SLH in this thread ends up a winner - it's a nice strain if grown well and taken to maturity by all accounts.

So if im growing a plant with an extra set of chromosomes does that mean that i am basically growing a plant with down syndrome?

Pretty much, but in marijuana, the extra set of chromosomes can sometimes have a positive effect as far as vigor and yield, while in humans, it just causes problems.

This is from Mandala Seeds:

"Trifoliates or triploids are common to cannabis as a plant species. They possess three sets of chromosomes instead of the usual two. Approx. 2% of the population in Mandala strains exhibit this trait. So for every 100 seeds there are max. 2 plants. About 60% of trifoliates turn out to be males. From the females you have 20% with a higher yield than normal (due to the extra node and vigour), 20% are just under average, and the rest are normal performers."

About 60% of trifoliates turn out to be males. From the females you have 20% with a higher yield than normal (due to the extra node and vigour), 20% are just under average, and the rest are normal performers."

So we all have our fingers crossed for being in the good 20% bracket. :goodluck:

Oh and look on the bright side, that strange top cola instead of being cylindrical it might end up being one great big solid fist shaped bud. Got to stay positive. :)

............... And Hopefull.

A bit like buying a lotto ticket. :goodluck:

This grow looks awesome! :yahoo:

Looks like that GLH is way better than HGL, atleast on vegging stage.
I would love to see comparison between those lights to prove my claim. :yummy:

This grow looks awesome! :yahoo:

Looks like that GLH is way better than HGL, atleast on vegging stage.
I would love to see comparison between those lights to prove my claim. :yummy:

Yeah, no joke... I have been trying to get one going between the two but Mike never responds to my emails or pm's. I dont think he likes me...

But yeah, when mike was talking to me still all he did was talk shit on hgl and all hgl does is talk shit on him. so as a consumer it kinda sux listening to them go back and forth.

But yeah, when mike was talking to me still all he did was talk shit on hgl and all hgl does is talk shit on him. so as a consumer it kinda sux listening to them go back and forth.

Yes I would also like to see one the GLH 180w lights at the cost of $475 go up against one of the HGL 205w units at the cost of $700. I think this would make for a great test IMO...

Yeah, no joke... I have been trying to get one going between the two but Mike never responds to my emails or pm's. I dont think he likes me...

But yeah, when mike was talking to me still all he did was talk shit on hgl and all hgl does is talk shit on him. so as a consumer it kinda sucks listening to them go back and forth.

I wish i would have read this first before i just sent you the pm.

At the time you asked me for the heads up things came up and i couldn't get you a free panel. Kinda funny how you asked me for a free panel but you paid for the hgl and ps led's.

All I did was talk shit about hgl? Hey buddy that was months ago and you asked my opinion and I gave it to you and that was that. I don't know why you feel the need to over over exaggerate what the truth is.

but whatever life goes on and I aint mad atcha..

I wish i would have read this first before i just sent you the pm.

At the time you asked me for the heads up things came up and i couldn't get you a free panel. Kinda funny how you asked me for a free panel but you paid for the hgl and ps led's.

All I did was talk shit about hgl? Hey buddy that was months ago and you asked my opinion and I gave it to you and that was that. I don't know why you feel the need to over over exaggerate what the truth is.

but whatever life goes on and I aint mad atcha..

Paid absolutely nothing for the Jumbo 180w which is what I was asked to refer to it as since they are not sponsors here. The 205w from HydroGrow LED was accompanied by a 126w that I paid a total of $225 for both. The 126w unit is a first gen that I wanted solely for veg purposes and I love it for that.

So there you have it. I paid $225 bucks to HGL for a 205w and a 126w.

As for talking shit about HGL, I noted that she also talked shit on your company and that as a consumer was turned off by that. To be honest, I really enjoy talking with the rep over at the Jumbo 180w's sales team. Now I'm not saying he has the best light, but from a consumer point of view he seemed to be professional. That said I have enjoyed very much having phone conversations with you as well as HGL's owner while just talkin general shop talk about growin the plant we all love...

Like ya say mate, I ain't mad at'cha and life most certainly goes on...

Back
Top Bottom