18x22 room set up

noobiegrow

Let's say you have a room the size mentioned above that you have available, how would you set it up? How many lights, what kind of lights and how many plants? Would you split it to veg and flower in one or would you just use the room to grow from start to finish?

I understand people will say, split the room to get a perpetual but seeing as you using the whole room from start to finish, it might just about yield the same cept for harvesting multiple times vs one huge time.

How many plants?

Let's say you have a room the size mentioned above that you have available, how would you set it up? How many lights, what kind of lights and how many plants? Would you split it to veg and flower in one or would you just use the room to grow from start to finish?

I understand people will say, split the room to get a perpetual but seeing as you using the whole room from start to finish, it might just about yield the same cept for harvesting multiple times vs one huge time.

How many plants?

I think if it were me, I would still put tents in the room. 1-2-3 however many you want. You could have several 4x4 tents. Have 1 for Autos, 1 flower and 1 veg. I like the Mars-Hydro lights. I think you get a good bang for your buck. You could put 4 400's in each tent or 1 1600. You should be able to flower 4-8 plants (depending on size and strain etc) in a 4x4 tent. You will also have an easier time controlling oder and humidity. Hope this helps some. :peace:

Only thing I considered as far as putting tents in there is that it's a little harder to get fresh air in there and keeping the climate in check for say 3 tents is probably going to be a hassle. Not to mention that for the money I spend on 3 tents I could put it all towards lights. I'll get a picture of the room up in a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Hi noobiegrow,

In evaluating your question, I think it's important to know what you want to accomplish? Are you looking for a big harvest a couple times a year, or are you looking for a smaller harvest more frequently? Do you have any hesitation about disease or some other catastrophe ruining a whole room full at once and needing to start the grow from scratch? Do you have access to clones, or are the plants grown from seed.

You mention anticipating that people will suggest splitting for a perpetual grow, but seem hesitant. What is your hesitation? Is this really an income question or a supply/quantity question?

Perhaps there are more variables to consider than you've initially laid out here.

I currently run RDWC so that's why I'm a little hesitant to doing a perpetual grow, it would mean that I would have to get another water chiller to run the plants that are in the separate tent that are in veg. Feeding is much easier if I have them all in the same phase. If you guys get what I mean? I might put one smaller tent in there just for the mother that is growing in soil, so that's no biggie. Now if I were to have started out in soil, then the different chambers for each phase wouldn't be much of an issue, but seeing as I spent a tiny fortune to run RDWC, I plan on sticking with it. Make sense?

I have access to clones and seedlings now and have a few autos that are about 3 weeks old now just to test out the "auto" thing.

I currently run RDWC so that's why I'm a little hesitant to doing a perpetual grow, it would mean that I would have to get another water chiller to run the plants that are in the separate tent that are in veg. Feeding is much easier if I have them all in the same phase. If you guys get what I mean? I might put one smaller tent in there just for the mother that is growing in soil, so that's no biggie. Now if I were to have started out in soil, then the different chambers for each phase wouldn't be much of an issue, but seeing as I spent a tiny fortune to run RDWC, I plan on sticking with it. Make sense?

I understand!! I still think I would set up a tent. Oder control, making sure when you flip to 12/12 you don't have any light interruptions. and you still have the rest of the room to play with!! :) :peace:

I understand!! I still think I would set up a tent. Oder control, making sure when you flip to 12/12 you don't have any light interruptions. and you still have the rest of the room to play with!! :) :peace:

Well, if I run all autos, I guess light leaks won't matter lol. I have a carbon filter for odor, 1400btu for cooling, going to cut a hole to exhaust air.

My current equipment I have right now is (4) marshydro lights, water chiller, 3 air pumps, water pump, dehumidifier, 8 x 4 t5 HO light and mylar for days. Just waiting on my current grow to finish to start building the new room. Looking into lights right now.

I guess this is what I pictured.
IMG_012313.jpg

Completely understand now noob. Thanks.

I'm not well versed in RDWC so I'm probably not suited to offer to anything helpful. Great space with which to work though and I wish you well!

Happy Growing!

Tell me if I'm crazy but in my 4x13 space, I think I can fit 27 plants. I taped out my measurement and it looks like I can fit 9 plants under each light. The tape off section is where each light will be placed above and will cover.

IMG_029844.JPG

IMG_031140.JPG

IMG_031237.JPG

IMG_031631.JPG

I didn't have a 9th bucket for the pic but there is supposed to be one there in the middle. I plan to get plants that give me 4-5 ounces do you guys think this is enough room for them or shooting for 9 in each quadrant asking for too much? I see it as a perfect use of light. If need be, I will put a scrog net over them to train them.

Tell me if I'm crazy but in my 4x13 space, I think I can fit 27 plants. I taped out my measurement and it looks like I can fit 9 plants under each light. The tape off section is where each light will be placed above and will cover.

IMG_029844.JPG

IMG_031140.JPG

IMG_031237.JPG

IMG_031631.JPG

I didn't have a 9th bucket for the pic but there is supposed to be one there in the middle. I plan to get plants that give me 4-5 ounces do you guys think this is enough room for them or shooting for 9 in each quadrant asking for too much? I see it as a perfect use of light. If need be, I will put a scrog net over them to train them.

*LooooL* i love how it just looks like your cleared out your hole livingroom and just set up shop there :thumb: you just made my day man :rofl:

Hi noobiegrow,

As you point out, since the plants won't be right up against or closely enclosed by the room's walls, I don't beleive re-painting them is necessary or even potentially beneficial.

Be well and happy growing!

How many plants?

In my experience...
Vegging needs LESS SPACE...
You can cram them in there...
Like Storage til your ready.
The Flowering room you need to SPACE them good for DEEP LIGHT PENETRATION...

Otherwise ,... Nice Canopy

PS Venting the room any ? Not for smell , But those plants will need air
and air movement

Back
Top Bottom