1st Coco & Perlite Grow Seeking Some Advice

Ossi Ossi

Strain Unknown
Grow Cell 1.2x1.2x2.4 Tent
600 Watt SpiderLux Pro inline 6 inch Carbon Filter & 2 Fans
Coco 70% Perlite 30 %
Nutes --- Silica & Potash / Trace Element Mixture.
3 Gallon Tubs
PH Water 6.5-6.8(Haven't used Nutes yet)
Runoff 7.6
Temps Day 24 Deg Australia RH 30
Night 15 Deg RH 50-70 Australia
I'm not doing a journal due to lack of confidence
This is my 4th grow BUT My 1st SOILESS
I tried my best to get pics thru loupe so I hope you can see Enuff to Comment
All 4 came up on 10/6/20
So they are 14 Days old and I have labelled them A-B-C-D haha Dunno Y
I have light 2FT above canopy
I think I'm just paranoid but at day 14 no nutes can I have some advice please as too when to start Nutes and in the pic of Nutes has anyone had experience with them???
Notice D has whitish edges and is all twisted up it seems
Cheers Peeps

Attachments

• IMG_20200624_151612.jpg
    IMG_20200624_151612.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20200624_145350.jpg
    IMG_20200624_145350.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20200624_145327.jpg
    IMG_20200624_145327.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20200624_145315.jpg
    IMG_20200624_145315.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20200624_145259.jpg
    IMG_20200624_145259.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20200624_145152.jpg
    IMG_20200624_145152.jpg
    809.9 KB · Views: 95
Coco 70% Perlite 30 %

That's hydroponic media.

day 14 no nutes can I have some advice please as too when to start Nutes

Well, since your media doesn't have any, I'd have started (with a very mild mixture) at day one.

PH Water 6.5-6.8(Haven't used Nutes yet)

Again, hydroponic media, not soil. I'd be adjusting everything I poured in to ~5.9. And I wouldn't be giving plain water because it's a hydroponic setup, not soil. That might be why your plants at the two week mark still look like seedlings.

I also would make sure to never let the media dry out. Because... hydroponics.

I'm not doing a journal due to lack of confidence

Most important time to run a grow journal. After all, if you have been growing for 40 years, lol, you probably aren't going to derive a lot of benefit from having the extra pairs of eyes (and extra brains).

If you're going to grow in coco, you have to feed it from day one.
With GH lineup feeding a low dose every day encourages growth quickly without overwhelming
As @TorturedSoul mentioned, you have to keep the media wet. Like really wet
It is hydro and has to be treated as such. Flood it daily as often as you can with nutrients.
Your plants will love you

To be honest with you I had no idea it was hydroponics only
I have had success to a degree with Northern Lights in soil so I thort I'd give SOILESS a go because it appears to me that less problems arise.
SO I made a media I like and put the girls and started using water only for 14 days and today was first feed of Nutes so I hope I can save them.

I suggest you get better nutrients......one that contains every element needed for plant growth........preferably one for hydroponics.
The one I'm using for veg is BIO TRACE MIXTURE CONTAIN iron,boron,zinc,manganese,copper, molybdenum,cobolt,silicon, potassium, magnesium,calcium,carbon and fulvic.
Doesn't that cover most needs????

The one I'm using for veg is BIO TRACE MIXTURE CONTAIN iron,boron,zinc,manganese,copper, molybdenum,cobolt,silicon, potassium, magnesium,calcium,carbon and fulvic.

trace mix are the secondary background nutes. you need the base npk.

If you want to grow soil free, try peat/perlite/dolomite. Coco does not hold water well, nor does it have any nutes. Peat is a much better alternative. It requires no nutes to start as there is a mild nute charge in peat. Also peat holds a lot of moisture. As others have said, give them a lite(1/4 strength) until you see growth, and increase strength when they have 2 pair of regular leaves. Keep coco wet! BTW, always rinse coco with RO water before use, as some brands can have salt content.

If you want to grow soil free, try peat/perlite/dolomite. Coco does not hold water well, nor does it have any nutes. Peat is a much better alternative. It requires no nutes to start as there is a mild nute charge in peat. Also peat holds a lot of moisture. As others have said, give them a lite(1/4 strength) until you see growth, and increase strength when they have 2 pair of regular leaves. Keep coco wet! BTW, always rinse coco with RO water before use, as some brands can have salt content.
I don't have any more seeds and it's hard to get ATM for obvious reasons
Should I just keep feeding correctly and try to re-energize them and be patient

Should I pull them and start again bro
Or will they pick up
I only have a Bunnings and one nursery in this town (Australia of course)

just feed them. they might stunt, but more likely will catch up.
online is your friend if local stuff is skint. in a pinch tomato nutes can hold them until the real stuff arrives. look for a 2:blushsmile:3 npk ratio if you have to go that route.

a lot of folk over here use mega crop for simplicity. access down under may be an issue, but there are loads of cannabis specific nutes in oz.

peat has its issues as well. you just need to adapt to the media.

you might want to add some cal mag to your line up when purchasing nutes. it's good to have in the tool box. also some ph adjuster, ph is crucial in hydro style.

No it doesn't cover most needs......you're missing the most important elements.....NPK.

Back
Top Bottom