1st Ever Grow, 8 Ball Kush

They smell that good already it's a shame to filter the extraction air.
IKR?! :rofl:
Wait on.. the smell is terpenes, and terpenes are what we want right? They are some of our best soldiers in the war against pain and sobriety. ;)
Since we’re only filtering the air to be polite to the neighbours (ie. stealth) what we need is a way to get those terpenes back out of the filter media in a useful form. Know what I mean? Good, I’ll leave designing it up to you and check in how you’re getting on in.. what, you’re finished? Gizza look?
:morenutes:

Checked the ladies and one is not looking too clever.
They still have a bit of moisture so I will water tomorrow and try a flush on the really bad one.
After some advice although I'm using organic nutes my tap water could be causing a build up and causing lock out.

Luckily 2 of the 3 ladies don't look too bad.
Despite the issues the budsites are fattening up.
IMG_20191220_211524.jpg
IMG_20191220_211502.jpg
IMG_20191220_211500.jpg
IMG_20191220_211457.jpg
IMG_20191220_211425.jpg
IMG_20191220_211413.jpg
IMG_20191220_211352.jpg
IMG_20191220_211344.jpg
IMG_20191220_211325.jpg
IMG_20191217_203644.jpg

Just a picture of my best ever boy Billy who passed today at only 2 years old.
Gonna miss him so much.
As you can see many of us are devoted to our pets. Dogs have been and always will be a part of my life. It hurts when we lose them, moreso at such a young stage of their life, but we do it because so many suffer without the love we give them. Billy had a great owner and I'm sorry for your loss.
I'll also now set the dehumidifier to run constantly as I've only been running at lights out which gives around 55RH, I'd like to get it below 50 for budding.
Here's a link to a VPD(Vapor Pressure Deficit) chart that will give you the ideal ranges for RH and temps at certain stages of growth.

As you can see many of us are devoted to our pets. Dogs have been and always will be a part of my life. It hurts when we lose them, moreso at such a young stage of their life, but we do it because so many suffer without the love we give them. Billy had a great owner and I'm sorry for your loss.

Here's a link to a VPD(Vapor Pressure Deficit) chart that will give you the ideal ranges for RH and temps at certain stages of growth.
Link, Saugs?
Here’s Archie’s

Thanks MrSauga
Means a lot.

I like to think dog lovers are the better people in this world.
It certainly hurts loosing them at any time.

And again thank you for your advice today. With the help from the kind people of 420 I may just see this grow through till the end.

The VPD article makes for interesting reading.
It appears I'm running a little low for my temps, I don't really have a way to lower the temps anymore so I will try setting my dehumidifier on a timer to run less and bring the Rh up a little.

One thing I couldn't work out does this apply to lights out time?

It's great to try and be in range, but for the most part you want to be in that area. I use a humidifier inside the tent(cool mist type) controlled by an Inkbird controller. I have a dehumidifier outside the tent set to a certain level so if the fans kick in at night because of a high RH level it sucks in the dryer air from outside the tent. I use the AC Infinity fan for my exhaust which allows for RH and Temp control. A little elaborate but works well for me.

One thing I couldn't work out does this apply to lights out time?
Good question! Further research required ...ah, saug’s got ya. Gotta love 420!
Mine, I was gonna say suffer sometimes some wild mvmts in RH and temp when lights are off. Not sure if transpiration persists at lights off. It stands to reason our girls would rather not be hammered like this. (Actually, I got some seeds from my last run as 1 had hermed a bit - could be this).
When you look at the chart MrSauga linked you can see that the life cycle of a plant starts lower left moves to upper right by the end of flower.
If you can keep it in ‘the zone’ the whole time you’re a legend.

It's great to try and be in range, but for the most part you want to be in that area. I use a humidifier inside the tent(cool mist type) controlled by an Inkbird controller. I have a dehumidifier outside the tent set to a certain level so if the fans kick in at night because of a high RH level it sucks in the dryer air from outside the tent. I use the AC Infinity fan for my exhaust which allows for RH and Temp control. A little elaborate but works well for me.
Im not too far out the range.
My thinking at the moment is to play it safe with my first grow and not risk any dreaded bud rot.
I think a controllable extractor will be on my wish list in the near future.
It's all good info and I'm really starting to understand more every day.

Good question! Further research required ...ah, saug’s got ya. Gotta love 420!
Mine, I was gonna say suffer sometimes some wild mvmts in RH and temp when lights are off. Not sure if transpiration persists at lights off. It stands to reason our girls would rather not be hammered like this. (Actually, I got some seeds from my last run as 1 had hermed a bit - could be this).
When you look at the chart MrSauga linked you can see that the life cycle of a plant starts lower left moves to upper right by the end of flower.
If you can keep it in ‘the zone’ the whole time you’re a legend.
I'm a bit the same, my trouble is keeping the temps higher but not too high at lights off.
I've got a heater but could probably benefit with another to get a few extra degrees.
It's just a balancing act to get the environment just right, I suppose as every set up is different it's mainly trial and error.

Now I have something to give me a target at least I know which direction I need to go.

Thought I'd better update so I can look back on this for reference.

21st December,Plants showing pretty bad deficiencies so I performed a small 5 gal flush with plain pH water followed by a full strength feed and water.

2 days later and the deficiencies are progressing but not dramatically.

I think it will be a couple more days before they are ready for a watering but I'm tempted to water tomorrow using the helpful advice I've been given.
I don't want to let them get too bad.
A slight change of nute ratios and double up on Cal mag.
Also it turns out my soil is not to be watered as soil so I will be feeding at pH 5.9.

IMG_20191222_162605.jpg
IMG_20191222_162543.jpg
IMG_20191222_162456.jpg
IMG_20191222_160938.jpg

Good catch on the leaf issues.
What do you mean that your soil is not to be watered as soil?
Its actually classes as soilless and should be watered at 5.8- 6 pH range.
I'd never have known.
It does say on the Canna website and after being sent some thread links and doing some searching on here a few people have had similar issues to me and when they bring the pH down everything sorts itself out.
At least I now have the info I need to sort this grow out, I just hope it's not too late.

Cheers Bill. That’s interesting. I use canna terra pro too. I’ve been treating it as soil, but last cpl runs started amending it with blood meal and EWC.
I kind of plan (I use the word loosely) to re-run ‘soil’ from my last pots after re-amending and cooking a while.

Cheers Bill. That’s interesting. I use canna terra pro too. I’ve been treating it as soil, but last cpl runs started amending it with blood meal and EWC.
I kind of plan (I use the word loosely) to re-run ‘soil’ from my last pots after re-amending and cooking a while.
I assume you usually pH in the usual soil range and do well?
I wasn't sure to trust it to start with but I've done some searching and there are a few threads on here and other forums all saying to pH lower for the Canna terra.
I've just popped some seeds to start my 2nd grow so I think I will try some Biobizz soil when I transplant.

Back
Top Bottom