1st Ever Grow, 8 Ball Kush

It does say on the Canna website and after being sent some thread links and doing some searching on here a few people have had similar issues to me and when they bring the pH down everything sorts itself out.
At least I now have the info I need to sort this grow out, I just hope it's not too late.
Interesting... so maybe you don't want to adjust your nutes yet. I say that because if you were too high and locking things out then your mixture may have been just fine. I'm not a big believer in changing a lot of things at once so maybe it's wise to see how they respond with the new pH range before tinkering with the feed.

Interesting... so maybe you don't want to adjust your nutes yet. I say that because if you were too high and locking things out then your mixture may have been just fine. I'm not a big believer in changing a lot of things at once so maybe it's wise to see how they respond with the new pH range before tinkering with the feed.
You have a point there, I suppose once I feed with the lower pH I can see what happens and adjust nutes accordingly.

It's going to feel like a long wait to water again :nervous-guy:

lol, it always does when we know something is for the better. Like Christmas as a kid. Only one more sleep to go!
Haha you're right there my friend,
I think I get more excited for Christmas than our actual kids do!

Ok soooo,,, I've been up to visit the ladies.
We had a talk, I've apologized for my inadequacies and they seem to understand.

They don't look too hot but I've given them a nice feed all at pH 5.8.

The pots were pretty light so they were nearly due a feed anyway.

I've got lots of sick leaves but the good news is the budsites are still fattening up.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
IMG_20191224_174628.jpg
IMG_20191224_174603.jpg
IMG_20191224_174531.jpg
IMG_20191224_174501.jpg
IMG_20191224_171535.jpg

We had a talk, I've apologized for my inadequacies and they seem to understand.
:rofl: Perfect!

I've got lots of sick leaves but the good news is the budsites are still fattening up.
The sick leaves will stop sickening but will not get any better. Since you wont have new growth you'll be looking to see if the problem is still moving around on the unaffected leaves. You'll notice an improvement if there is one since you know what and how bad it get's from day to day.
Merry Christmas to everyone.
Merry Christmas to you and yours Bill!

Hiya Bill! How are the girls looking today?
Hi MrSauga
We have been away for the last 24hrs so I've only been able to check through my camera.

I think they look worse but will know for sure when I get home in a couple of hours.
Screenshot_20191227_152419.jpg

Hey Bill. There isn’t a nail biting reaction emoji unfortunately. I like your remote rig for viewing (you may have been through this, forgive me. 4:20am here and starting my 2nd blunt for the day so far..) does it give you control of humidity/temperature/lights as well?
It’ll be good to know what’s going on with your ladies!

Hey Bill. There isn’t a nail biting reaction emoji unfortunately. I like your remote rig for viewing (you may have been through this, forgive me. 4:20am here and starting my 2nd blunt for the day so far..) does it give you control of humidity/temperature/lights as well?
It’ll be good to know what’s going on with your ladies!
Hi DonkeyDick.
Think I could do with a blunt right now lol.

Everything my tent can be turned in or off remotely so it gives me a bit of control whilst I'm not home.

I'm really stuck on what's going on, I've done tons more research but it's hard to know what info to trust.

The watering at lower pH has if anything made things worse.

There seems to be a lot of growers having similar if not as dramatic problems as me when using the biobizz nutes.
A lot of people seem to suggest Epsom salts as with hard water the struggle with mag deficiency.
I really don't know but I've bought some so its gotta be worth a try.

I've tried to buy some different nutes to try today but can't find any grow shops open.

IMG_20191227_160015.jpg
IMG_20191227_160005.jpg
IMG_20191227_155952.jpg
IMG_20191227_155934.jpg
IMG_20191227_155921.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191227_155905.jpg
    IMG_20191227_155905.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 59
Are those blotches black or brown in color? Is it top only or on the bottom older leaves?
So if you were to treat it like normal soil then you want to pH between 6.2 and 6.5. Go back to where you were at if you think it's worse. This is why I only like to change one thing at a time.
Now we know the pH made it worse so next is to play with your nute mix.

Hi Mr S
The blotches are a rusty brown in colour.
It started with the lower older growth and is steadily progressing up through to the newer growth.
Everywhere I've looked it points to mag deficiency as you originally said.

It seems a lot of people using the biobizz with hard water suffer from mag deficiency hence the reason I'm tempted to try the Epsom salts along with the feed ratios you suggested and bring the pH up to 6.2
Trouble is I think if I get it wrong it will be game over for these ladies.

Hi Mr S
The blotches are a rusty brown in colour.
It started with the lower older growth and is steadily progressing up through to the newer growth.
Everywhere I've looked it points to mag deficiency as you originally said.

It seems a lot of people using the biobizz with hard water suffer from mag deficiency hence the reason I'm tempted to try the Epsom salts along with the feed ratios you suggested and bring the pH up to 6.2
Trouble is I think if I get it wrong it will be game over for these ladies.
OK thanks. Ya you're best to get your pH back up. I would look at the calmag before the epsom salts only because if you add too much mg with the salts you may cause more issues with Ca def. They work in harmony. Too much of one or the other effects the others uptake through demand or lack of availability.
Your plants wont die and they'll make it to harvest. You want to stop the progression so the plant can get working on bud production.

OK thanks. Ya you're best to get your pH back up. I would look at the calmag before the epsom salts only because if you add too much mg with the salts you may cause more issues with Ca def. They work in harmony. Too much of one or the other effects the others uptake through demand or lack of availability.
Your plants wont die and they'll make it to harvest. You want to stop the progression so the plant can get working on bud production.
Ok so I waited until today to water, I'm kinda glad I did as it looks like the issues have stopped progressing.
I've gone with your suggested feeding ratios MrSauga.
3ml grow
1.5ml bloom
2ml calmag
I've accidentally given 1.5ml topmax as I thought it was the bloom when measuring out.
I don't think it will hurt anything with such low npk.
I've gone with pH 6.
It's still in range for the Canna terra pro.
Measuring my run off it's coming out a 5.8 which should be right as the Canna is buffered to 5.8 so my thinking is if I feed at 6 it buffers down to 5.8 I should be ok and making everything available to the ladies.

Hopefully thinks could be about to pick up.

Buds are forming nicely and starting to frost.
IMG_20191228_165053.jpg
IMG_20191228_165041.jpg
IMG_20191228_165023.jpg
IMG_20191228_165007.jpg

I've gone with your suggested feeding ratios MrSauga.
3ml grow
1.5ml bloom
2ml calmag
I've accidentally given 1.5ml topmax as I thought it was the bloom when measuring out.
Nice job Bill! You can always go back to what you were feeding as well knowing what the issue is now. Lets see how they respond to the new feed.
You're right about the top max, nothing to worry about there.

First off, happy new year to everyone.
And also a thank you for the help,advice and words of encouragement.

So I'm at day 31 in bloom and although my plants look like crap I think I've halted the deficiencies.
I've been trying to read up on this strain and I am seeing a lot of grows looking similar to mine by mid bloom, I figure I'm about half way through bloom now so just need to hang in there.

They have had a feed today and they were very thirsty taking a nearly 14 litres between them.
Feed today was
2.5ml biogrow
3ml biobloom
1ml topmax
0.5ml bioheaven
2ml calmag
pH 6

I've also chopped a few lower budsites from lower down to get them to concentrate on building those canopy colas.

They are really smelling so good and although I think they could be a little behind where they should be the buds are developing and getting
IMG_20200101_184700.jpg
IMG_20200101_184647.jpg
IMG_20200101_184632.jpg
IMG_20200101_184618.jpg
IMG_20200101_184430.jpg
IMG_20200101_183814.jpg
IMG_20200101_183751.jpg
IMG_20200101_183745.jpg
IMG_20200101_183657.jpg
a nice trichrome frosty look.
I don't think I'll need to dig out my old loupe as my phone camera seems to zoom in just fine.

Nice job Bill! The plants look perky which is a great sign! I think you'll be happy with your quality come harvest time!

Happy New Year to you and yours! Best wishes for a great 2020!
Thanks MrSauga
Huge congratulations on member of the month, very deserved :goodjob:

Day 34 bloom,
Hungry, thirsty smelly ladies living in my loft.:yummy:
It's a shame they look so poor but they are certainly stacking the buds now.
Even with the filter running I can smell them from 10 foot away.
Can't wait to try them.

Watered today with
2.5ml biogrow
3ml biobloom
1ml topmax
1ml bioheaven
1.5ml calmag
Ph6
13liters between them.

My peyote critical plans are going crazy in my veg area, not even 2 weeks from germination and they have been topped.
IMG_20200105_012043.jpg
IMG_20200102_134405.jpg
IMG_20200102_134434.jpg

Back
Top Bottom