1st Grow - CFL & HPS

NYsourDiesel

Hi, new to the forum and going to be starting my first grow soon. Would appreciate feedback and advice :)

Going to be using some LST and similar techniques. Only putting one girl in there for now. She will start out in a solo cup and if needed i will move her to a 3 gallon. The grow box isnt in my house so i cant take pictures right now but ill put some up later. I would guess that the box is 2x2x4. She will be in an overflow container and the ground will have a white cover. I will have a windshield reflector around her to help her grow big. For lights I have 2 14w CFL's, 2 24w CFL's, and 1 40w HPS.

Im going to top and FIM a few times before throwing her into flower once she is 8-10 inches tall.

What do you guys think?

re: 1st Grow - CFL & HPS

Welcome! This is a wonderful site with loads of information and helpful people.

If you post in the format suggested here it will help everyone help you. Gets rid of a lot of initial questions.

How to Make a Grow Journal

What spectrum are those CFL's? Should be like 2400k-6500k this number will tell you what type of light is being emitted. You want 6500k for veg cycle.

Hi ShrubHub, Im not quite sure on the spectrum but they were in my friends grow box and worked just fine. But I'll be sure to find out soon.
Thanks for stoppin by! :)

The plants will still grow regardless of the spectrum but the amount of light the plant can "use" from it changes. Now I have 0 experience with any high intensity lighting so you're on your own for now as far as the hps goes but the CFL's may not even matter with the use of an hps but someone else will have to comment on that.

Yeah i wasnt to worried because the HPS could grow a plant on its own, so a couple CFL's wouldnt hurt right?
The more light the better :)

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom