Northern Lights Big Bud CFL Grow

Rixter0618

Hello All....it's been awhile since I have logged on...too long! I have had some ups and downs on a few of my last grows but i figured I throw this lady in and kinda start a half a** journal.
Anyways here's what I've got:
grow area: 4'hx4'wx2'w Home made plywood box sprayed interior white
grow medium: 2/3 oceans forest,1/3 fox farm: I've read that FF gets pretty "hot" so I used OF to offset that
Nutes: GH FloraDuo A/B. fed nutes every other watering...watered every other day
pot size: 3 gal
lighting veg: 2-125w 6500 Felix CFL, 4- 42w 6500 cfl, 2-32 w 6500 flourescent, 2-32w 4200 flourescent
lighting flower: 2-125w 2700k Felix CFL 4-42w 2700k CFL, 2-32w 2700k Flourescent,2-32w 4200k Flourescent
venting: 2-80mm cpu fans for intake 2-120mm cpu fans for exhaust
lighting for veg was 18/6, flowering 12/12
Temps: 82-92
1- 6" "turbo cool" 3 speed fan for interior of grow box runs when lights are on only.

Okay....well that laid down the "ground rules". Now on to the fun stuff!!!!
I seeded her on 4-4-13 in a bottom of a 12 oz. plastic coke bottle. transplanted to 3 gal pot on 4-19-13. Did some LST along the way to keep the canopy open( I never took any pics...sorry!!!!). She grew real lanky at first even with the lights 3" from her top... I cut her top node at 10" and I think I hit the "grow button! she started to fill out where I had to cut her nodes in three other spot which really help fill her out.
NL_big_bud2_5-27-13.JPG

I put her into flower on 5/13/2013. Unfortunatley when I was doing another LST I split her stalk right down the center main stem where I cut her first node. I totally freaked out!!!! But as usual I looked at a slew of remedies on 420 and low and behold she made it through just fine....pic is hard to see the split but it is where I taped her up
NL_big_bud_split_stalk_5-27-13.JPG

I think she is looking pretty good so far...it is still pretty cool here and I have made some minor adjustments to keep the box around 82 during the day and 73 at night RH is around 27-32. I had a bad attack of spider mites last fall(had no idea what they were till it was too late and wiped out two nice plants). Keeping a watchful eye on these BAMF's....(bad ass mother f*******'s). I keep a no pest strip in the box at all times and so far so good!!! This is a pic before they got to the plant. It was a white siberian
white_siberian_day_12_flower.JPG

I am going to try and keep this log going to the harvest.
P.S. I think my gf bought me a 400w MH/HPS cool hood for my birthday. Not till next month though but if in fact she did I will be updated my grow area and would love to share the difference between grow lights and enviormental changes in the box.

Well here is the last pic of her......I hope things keep moving in the right direction. This is my third grow and have learned a ton along the way....certainly with majority of that coming from you kind folks!!! HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!
NL_Big_bud3_5-27-13.JPG
Northern_lights_5-27-13.JPG

Here are a couple more of my girl away from home. Getting ready to give her a flush. I usually do this about two weeks after flower so i'm a week behind. This is day 24 of flower
NL_Big_bud_5-28.JPG

Getting some pretty good bud sites I think!
NL_Big_Bud2_5-28.JPG

Thanks for Stopping by dangerous! The CFL's have been working great so far. I may update my lighting in a couple weeks depending on my birthday gift from my girl....we'll see. But for now they have worked great!!!

Been a couple weeks since I've added some new pics so here we go. This is day 35 of flower. I added a bit of N to my fertilizer (2 part Duo). Noticed the leaves yellowing and dying...a few more then normal. Seemed to have corrected the problem for now. I started adding some black rabbit non sulfurous black molasses as well. about every third watering and I add ferts on every 2nd day. Some days I water twice a day with small amounts about a 1/4 gallon in the morning and once before lights out. I normally add any ferts/molasses in the evening about an hour before lights out. Kinda think it may help with mold issues. Well here she is. Comments are always welcome! Hasve a great one!!!!!!
In_grow_box_day_35_flower.JPG
A pic with her in her grow box.
NL_big_bud_day_35_of_flower.JPG
Day 35 of flower. Nice bud sites
top_veiw_day_35_flower.JPG
Day 35 of flower
close_up_day_35_flower.JPG
Nice pistils!!!!! Day 35 of flower

Thanks Medicate and Dangerous!!! Appreciate the Kuddos. Always nice to share good things with other people. Let's keep the juices flowing!!!!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom