1st Grow Thin Mint & Sherbet, Indoor, Soil, LED

Paso Nogales

420 Member
New Year's Resolution #1!! I just started my first grow. It is a small, indoor grow with 1 each of 2 Girl Scout Cookie related strains, Thin Mint Cookies and Sherbet. Both clones were purchased at my dispensary and are from Purple City Genetics. Both strains tend to be indica leaning.
  • Thin Mint cookies is a hybrid combining Grandaddy Purple, Durban and OG Kush.
  • Sherbet, (or Sunset Sherbet), is derived from GSC and Pink Panties.

I am not looking for massive yield or especially high THC! I will be thrilled with a successful grow and getting some of the basic characteristics of the two related stains.

My grow tent is 36"x20"x63". I am using 2 Mars Hydro Reflector 48 LED units. They each draw about 100 watts from the wall. This will be a soil grow in fabric pots with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil mix. 1 gallon for clone transplant, then 3 or 5 gallon for bloom. Nutrients will be Roots Organic. Clones transplanted with Mykos Pure Mycorrhizal Inoculum for root development.

My grow space is a utility room. Heat & AC are available, but not on. Room temp is 62° day and 56° night. Tent temp is 77-81° when grow lights are on. RH is 58%. I have a room humidifier and tower oscillating fan in the tent.

Currently vegging at 18/6 until transplants take, then 20/4. Using both the Veg and Bloom spectra on the LED grow lights. Currently 24" above tops, will move down to 18" in a couple of days.

That's the baseline. Girls are just into the tent. Update shortly.

Falling a bit behind here! Life keeps interfering with my good intentions!

Day 38, 9 days into bloom!

• First Bloom nutes 3 days ago
  • Girls starting to stretch.
  • We have had mucho rain!! Cannot keep the humidity down!
  • Added extra fan.
  • Fully opened lower side vent.
  • Few spots of powdery mold today. Pruned most infected leaves and treated with SNS 244.

Pic's to follow!!

Almost 6 weeks!! 3 weeks Veg. 2 weeks bloom!

• I am still fighting a powdery mold on a couple of leaves, but using an organic fungicide that is working well
  • Hard to fight the high humidity when we have had months of solid rain and the outside humidity is always about 90%.
  • The added fan and leaving the tent vents open and the door partially open helps, but that only gets the humidity in the tent down to about 60% at the mid point of watering, but still nearly 80% the day of watering.
  • The fabric pots, although working very well, contribute to the humidity in the tent.
  • Added a 20" UV fluorescent tube.

I am learning a lot!

• The Mars Hydro Reflector 48 lights are doing a great job!
  • The organic nutrients are working great and I am only using about half the recommended strength.
  • The high humidity is a bitch!!
  • A 36"x18"x67" tent gets crowded really fast with just 2 plants.
  • The Sherbet plant is flowering well, the Thin Mints a little behind, (but that has been the case since transplanted!)
Sherbet

Thin Mints

Crowded Tent!

Almost 9 weeks!! 4 weeks Veg. 5 weeks bloom!

• Sherbet is getting brown pistils
  • Good trichrome growth, still clear
  • Thin Mints still looks to be a week or two behind
  • Switched lighting to bloom from both
  • Still doing some LST to open the plants, especially Thin Mints, still a bit dense
  • Been watering 5 gal cloth pots Sunday, with nutes @ 50% dosage, and Wednesday, no nutes.

Will try to get some bud pics posted over the weekend.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom