Mr CatNaps' First Grow

Mr. CatNaps First Grow >^.^<
Just a simple question...

2 days into flowering. Nothing special, wondering if I should remove the dead leaves?

My vegs were totally limp yesterday. Gave them some seaweed and water, loved it! Definitely a nitrogen def, leaves clawing and I am sure it isn't overwater. I will give them a little water with some big bloom soon. Happy with their transition though!

IMG_074239.JPG
IMG_073943.JPG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Setup and Bio

Flower Tent
Genetics: 2xSherbet and 2xGelato Clones from Purple City Genetics
Room: 3x2x5ft
Lights: 600w Mars & 300w Globest
Pots: 2 gallon smart pots
Soil: 2xEspoma potting mix (no prep) 2xFFOF+Clay+Dolomite+Oil soil
Nutes: Fox Farm Trio
Treatment: Neem & SM90
Fan: Ventech w/carbon and Oscillating
Temps: 83-86F
Humid: 40-50%
Veg Box
Room: 2x1x3
Lights: 2x40w CFL x 300w Globestar(50%)
Soil: 2xFFOF+Clay+Dolomite
Nutes: Seaweed extract
Fan: 4x120mm 100%
Temps: 78-82F
Humid: 39%

I am a friendly new grower, looking to sustain myself after 8 years of medicating. Cannabis helped me transition off harmful stimulants and turn my ADHD into something manageable :3. Now I spend my time happily gaming, programming, and caring for my ladies in sunny California. I love to talk, feel free to say hi!

I would trim some but not a lot tho. 25th day into flowering you trim then. And trim then alot. Reason is so light can get to lower leaves. I take all big fan leaves off begin of flowering then the others will grow. Begin flowering 25th day then 52nd day. Dates to remember.

The new plants look like they are stretching. Light should be 24 inches. Min 18. Depends on lights using. I have mine around 22 inches. As plant grows up lights go.

Just a simple question...

My room has been too hot over the past couple of days to lower it. I have plenty of room in my tent height wise. They would have to get 4-5x as big, before I start running out of room. I don't know is stretching is bad for the THC in general. Definitely if I can get temps under control then I will lower my light again.

Setup and Bio

Flower Tent
Veg Box

I am a friendly new grower, looking to sustain myself after 8 years of medicating. Cannabis helped me transition off harmful stimulants and turn my ADHD into something manageable :3. Now I spend my time happily gaming, programming, and caring for my ladies in sunny California. I love to talk, feel free to say hi!

It's not. To much tho and you will have less buds form. You Will Have All Big Distance Between buds. . Like a ruler you want buds on every inch mark. Not every 4 6 inches. Is all. You want tight compact buds. But it does help with light near bottom of the plant when it has big distance between also.

Cfls when I used them they made mine grow tall. People told me same thing. When I got LEDs when I seen a big difference. To me no big deal. I have to Lst and topp mine a lot to make more stems grow to make more bud sites.

Nice tag in your signature. It's why I'm here. Great looking setup. I'm down for this grow if there room up front.

Cheers

Just kidding about a front row seat.

I love new friends <3!

Ah thanks! Everyone in this forum has cool little things at the bottom of their posts, thought I should join them! Hope you enjoy my grow, hopefully my ladies start blooming soon for everyone!

Welcome to the grow!

Setup and Bio

Flower Tent
Veg Box

Sorry I'm late to watch :) it's looking great so far ... I'm not a fan of folar feeding I've always ended up with the plants looking unwell after or burnt it seems to be a hard thing to get right

Welcome Sleven, Hope I can produce some beauties for ya!

I have had troubles with foliar feeding, but that is because of how they interact with the plant. The plant is bombarded with the water, if you have your temps right, the plants just suck it up. This can be both good and bad. On these ladies when I first started foliar feeding, I was just doing w.e and that was not the right thing to do. Without a good surfactant you will have spots on your leaves, burns from droplets, bad coverage. Even with a great mister, if you don't use a surfactant, the water will pool on the leaves. Some things act naturally as a surfactant SM90 does, most people use very very cheap dish soap. I have found Emerald Harvest CalMg works well as a surfactant also.

Now I only foliar feed when I have issues, which is still fairly frequent. I will give them a spray with low N and PH today which I did yesterday also, due to the bottom yellowing and bruising. The newly transplanted clones use the foliar spray so quickly. I transplanted them, stems went from green to purple, had N leaf curl and slight yellowing. Spray them with CalMg and Seaweed, with light nute. Bam green stems are back within 10 hours, leaves are slower to recover. Foliar feeding is just intensive, so getting it right is important.

Sorry if there were any errors, typed this one pretty quickly!

Setup and Bio

Flower Tent
Veg Box

Ye I'm not sure what parameters you need to folar feed but let's just say I definitely didn't have them hahaha so I'm going to stick to feeding the roots :)

We be flowering yall!

Made it to flower. One week in and we have hairs. Everyday they are getting a little fuller. The vegs are doing well also. Here are some photos :3

IMG_078236.JPG
IMG_077837.JPG
IMG_077943.JPG
IMG_078136.JPG
IMG_078042.JPG
IMG_077332.JPG
IMG_078339.JPG

Setup and Bio

Flower Tent
Veg Box

I too use FF, ask your local store for salt trio samples. They are a great addition to you current lineup.
If you want to folar feed look at brembe from FF.

Cheers

Those recent pics. I see some burn on two of them .

We be flowering yall!

@millertm, I actually have some salt test strips, but I basically went from having issues to having less issues. So I am not too worried about the salts, since it was lack of nutes giving me the biggest issue.

All my new growth on my older ladies is nice and green with full leaves. Most of the super yellow leaves at the bottom have been tucked repeatedly, so they were basically getting no light and weren't transporting nutes well.

My Bubba Kush got a little too hot after my LST. Some of the new growth got burned, but I have had this issue before. Just needs some CalMg and less heat.

I am constantly having a Phosphorus issue, stems turn purple when I want them to stay green. I am using CalMg to fight it, but I would like to just supplement P rather than Ca and P every time. Let me know if there is P heavier product.

Setup and Bio

Flower Tent
Veg Box

Week 2 Flowering!

Early buds from the ladies :)

Let's make it out in these pots!

All together now!
IMG_078937.JPG

A bud from yesterday
IMG_079028.JPG

A bud from today
IMG_079735.JPG

She is one of the two I changed the soil on, definitely was the move.
IMG_079635.JPG

Setup and Bio

Flower Tent
Veg Box

Half Way There!

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't had much time to update. My ladies are all looking pretty good. I am up to 2/3rd strength nutes on my flowers. I burnt my vegs pretty hard, so I have been feeding them pHd water.

I am surprised how fast the flowers drink! Seem to be finishing their water every 2 days, keeping me on my toes :). They all are looking healthier everyday!

A quick question I have regarding my veg training. One of the very first leaves is very large. It is tucked underneath the entire canopy thus getting no light. Should I just let the leaf wither, or should I do something about it?

Pics :)
IMG_082340.JPG
IMG_082432.JPG
IMG_086035.JPG
IMG_086632.JPG

What should I do about that big leaf!
IMG_086138.JPG

Setup and Bio

Flower Tent
Veg Box

Back
Top Bottom